Sign in to follow this  
jmonfrey

GORE OR LJ

I'm with these guys...I'm keeping Gore. It seems crazy considering LJ has been a fantasy BEAST over the last few years but I feel that is going to change. Last season, LJ had an insane amount of carries, in fact, most ever by a RB in NFL history. The historical stats suggest that LJ is going to have a down year or two after touting the rock so many times. Also, the KC offense isn't what it used to be. Trent Green is gone, Kennison is older, Vermeil and Al Saunders left, and his hall of fame linemen (Roaf and Shields) have both retired. Furthermore, there is the ugly holdout issue.

With all those going against LJ and Gore primed for a HUGE season, I think Franky G is your best bet.

Good luck dude!

Lil help?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=276818

Gore!!!....SF getting better offensively; KC (if that's where LJ will stay: and this is key) is struggling!

Gore for sure, LJ is getting old.

What is that? I keep reading about LJ being old ... he is only 27. LT is 28 ... anybody want to promote S-JAx or Gore for 1st overall???

Don't forget LJ spent a lot of time waiting for Priest to move over. LJ has only had one full season (and one half season) of wear and tear. Comparable to the amount of playing time Gore has had.

The only thing right now that might sway towards Gore is the potential holdout :doublethumbsup:

What is that? I keep reading about LJ being old ... he is only 27. LT is 28 ... anybody want to promote S-JAx or Gore for 1st overall???

Don't forget LJ spent a lot of time waiting for Priest to move over. LJ has only had one full season (and one half season) of wear and tear. Comparable to the amount of playing time Gore has had.

The only thing right now that might sway towards Gore is the potential holdout :doublethumbsup:

Nice point...LJ is 3 years older than Gore but Larry has carried the ball for only one more full season than Gore, granted he has a significant number of more carries but the point is the hype over each's touches doesn't justify the reality of their situations. I would be more concerned about the condition of KC's o-line and the state of the offense in general. The same goes for Gore, my personal opinion is that health concerns won't be an issue for either... each team's overall offensive performance will play a greater role in the individual's outcome. That said, as long as LJ is signed to play the opener I would take him just slightly over Mr.Gore.

Declining O-line, Brodie Croyle at QB, play SD, DEN, and Oakland twice. Those are the reasons to bump LJ down, not age (although the recond number of carries should be a major concern).

On Gore side, he gets hurt allot and they don't have much in the way of offence in SF. But for upside, I have to say Gore over LJ.