Sign in to follow this  
Vanillarainstorm

You're picking 3rd in a Keeper League...Ya picking LJ or Gore? Or maybe someone else?

I really think picking 3rd is the hardest pick in drafts this year. Kind of like how number 1 was tough last year. A lot of things scare me about LJ's situation. Worries about a holdout, supporting cast, workload. There's questions. People can't question though that skill wise he's probably the most talented back after LT2.

I love Gore. But facts are facts. He has had injury problems. The 2 knee blowouts were in college, but he did have a shoulder problem I believe in his rookie year. He had a fumbling problem early last year, and didn't get as many td's as you'd hope.

Who's the better pick? This is a Keeper League so keep in mind that whoever I draft I'm hoping to have for 3 years...

Thoughts?

I am assuming this is the 1st year of this keeper league. Personally I would look to trade down out of the 3 slot. However, if you can not I would take Gore of LJ. I think you may want to consider Addai as well. I mean this kid looks solid, plays for a very strong offensive team and is only going to get better.

I think the 8th slot in a 12 team league is very solid this year. You can land a RB like W.Parker, on the come back grab a top teir WR (S.Smith/CJ), then in the 3rd can grab Peterson/Lynch/MJD etc type of #2RB and then get Boldin/Colston/Evans in the 4th. This will give you a very solid and young team to build on.

Unless I had the 1-2 pick this year I would be trading down. Maybe try getting the 8th guy to give you his 3rd or 4th rd pick for trading up. Some are extremely high on both LJ and Gore and will make that type of trade.

Good luck and hope this helps.