Sign in to follow this  
pitnyelder

? and Comment about adding other site projections

I followed the help guide for importing stat projections from other sites, and it works great except for one little hiccup. In the Compiler, if the player is a rookie, he gets an ® by his name. When using the VLOOKUP function, the other site is probably not going to have this ® next to his name, so it will return a #N/A error. It's an easy fix, just delete the ® in the compiler. I just thought you might want to consider some other way to signify a rookie, like maybe color his name in red, or add a separate column for the player's years of experience.

Also, on the subject of #N/A errors, most other sites aren't going to have projections for all the lesser players that are listed in the compiler, so many of the players will also receive #N/A errors for this reason. Will this cause problems when compiling cheatsheets, or do those values just read as zero?

Hi pitnyelder. Good comment about the ® symbol for rookies. What I do is either add it to the list of players being imported, or take it out of the Compiler like you've done. Quick way to take it out: use Find > Replace, but note the characters are actually [sPACE][®] after each rookie player name.

Unfortunately I cannot change the color or bold format the rookies, because when projections are updated it doesn't bring across that formatting.

As for the #N/A errors which happen all the time with VLOOKUP, they could cause problems, potentially. I find the best way to get rid of them quickly is follow these steps:

1. Once all data imported via VLOOKUP functions and you're happy with it, highlight whole section of new data and Copy (CTRL-C).

2. Without moving the cursur anywhere, you're going to paste the data in exactly the same spot, but as values. This gets rid of the VLOOKUP formulas. Edit > Paste Special.. > As Values

3. In the same highlighted section, use Edit > Replace function. In the "Find" box put #N/A. Leave the "Replace" box blank.

Say goodbye to the #N/A errors...