Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

Keeper league problem just arose

Are draft is very early this year due to vacations and such that owners already had planned. I know a lot of people really don't want to draft this early. I don't care because I think the early draft gives ME the advantage over most of the owners since I can predict who will win the camp battles then the other owners. I am not saying I can predict who will win EVERY camp battle, but I'm better than most, in my league anyway.

Anyway, one owner decided to leave the league just days before our draft. He has a good pool of players to keep(SA, Fitz, Holt, Henry). We keep two.

It is a ten team league.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do IF we can't find a replacement owner in this short amount of time???

Has this ever happened in a keeper league you were in and if so, what did they do???

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

TIA

Oh yeah, which two should I keep out of Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, TO, or Frank Gore????

Just kidding about who I should keep :doublethumbsup:

Are draft is very early this year due to vacations and such that owners already had planned. I know a lot of people really don't want to draft this early. I don't care because I think the early draft gives ME the advantage over most of the owners since I can predict who will win the camp battles then the other owners. I am not saying I can predict who will win EVERY camp battle, but I'm better than most, in my league anyway.

Anyway, one owner decided to leave the league just days before our draft. He has a good pool of players to keep(SA, Fitz, Holt, Henry). We keep two.

It is a ten team league.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do IF we can't find a replacement owner in this short amount of time???

Has this ever happened in a keeper league you were in and if so, what did they do???

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

TIA

Oh yeah, which two should I keep out of Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, TO, or Frank Gore????

Just kidding about who I should keep :dunno:

What can you do really? You either need a replacement owner or pick the two keepers for the team that left and let the rest of the team autopick. Then you either manage that team using whatever the site projections for the team are (take the decission/burden of who to start away from the commish), or you just move his whole team down to the bench and every team get's a bye week from him. Ofcourse this presents even more problems as some owners will play that team twice giving them 2 free wins.

Personally as is FFT tradition, I'd go to the guy who left house and punch him in front of his family.

You will definitely need a replacement for him. If you do not get one by draft time DO NOT use the site's rankings, they usually suck. Take a consensus of all owners during the draft. At least that way you will have a chance of getting someone to take the team after the draft. We have had owners not show up at times for the draft and this worked much better than the site's recommendations. You just have to weigh the suggestions from the owner picking right after him, but my league is all friends and are good about rating the players honestly.

Oh yeah, I'd go with Gore and Manning out of those 4. Hopefully you can get on of he top 5 WO's with your first pick or a second RB.

Oh yeah, I'd go with Gore and Manning out of those 4. Hopefully you can get on of he top 5 WO's with your first pick or a second RB.

That is who I plan to keep. There are several teams who don't have a good 2nd keeper, which means teams like mine, have 3-5 decent choices, which means I should have no problem locking up a good pick in the first round. :dunno: