Sign in to follow this  
Denmar

Keepers

I can pick any 3, they can only be held for one year so long term doesn't come into play, looking for the best contributors this year. This league starts 2 RB, 2 WR, no flex.

Maurice Drew

Santana Moss

Terrell Owens

Antonio Gates

Reggie Bush

Clinton Portis

Reggie Brown

Bush I'm keeping for sure unless he has a serious pre-season injury, of course. Drew and Portis are pretty close in value, I think.. do I keep both of them? Do I keep Owens? Gates? Lots of ways to go, and really those are the only real considerations. Looking for input!

I can pick any 3, they can only be held for one year so long term doesn't come into play, looking for the best contributors this year. This league starts 2 RB, 2 WR, no flex.

Maurice Drew

Santana Moss

Terrell Owens

Antonio Gates

Reggie Bush

Clinton Portis

Reggie Brown

Bush I'm keeping for sure unless he has a serious pre-season injury, of course. Drew and Portis are pretty close in value, I think.. do I keep both of them? Do I keep Owens? Gates? Lots of ways to go, and really those are the only real considerations. Looking for input!

I'm not sure why you'd keep bush over MJD considering they're both RBBC guys and Drew has actually shown that he might be the better back of the two (he was actually the better college back as well but didn't play on a National Championship team so he never got the notoriety).

That said, I would probably hang on to MJD, Bush and Gates. Gates puts up better numbers than most WRs so, every week he's in your lineup, it's like having a third WR in the game for free.

I'd keep Bush and MJD for sure. I don't like Portis much. Think the injury is going to continue to linger for him.

Tough decision for me between Owens and Gates. I like Gates a lot. Owens is a top 5 WR while Gates is far and away the best TE. I guess I'd keep Owens because if in the draft I had the option of these two I'd go Owens every time.

Maurice Drew

Santana Moss

Terrell Owens

Antonio Gates

Reggie Bush

Clinton Portis

Reggie Brown

Drew and Bush....no brainers.

Santana Moss has Jason Campbell throwing to him....throw him back.

Reggie Brown is good, but McNabb injury concerns hurt his outlook....throw him back.

Clinton Portis, knee tendanitis, after all the injuries last year....throw him back

Terrell Owens;

the bad: temper, drops, misses games, what injury will get this year?

the good: nice weapons around him (Glenn, Witten, Barber, Jones) they have to give respect to the other guys, TD machine, finger has healed,

Antonio Gates;

the good: best TE in game, nice yardage and tds, number one option through the air

the bad: he's a tight end!

Bottom line is this. If you don't keep Gates, you won't get him back....so what te will you get in his place. If you keep Gates you still may get a top notch wr...Evans, Colston, Burress....a guy in that tier.

I would try and figure out who you think you can get with your first pick if you keep Gates or if you keep Owens and see what seems like the best scenerio.

Normally I would always keep a wr over a te. Owens don't get the receptions and yards that I want from my #1 wr, but he does get the TDs.

Good luck

Few random responses:

I like MJD, definately more than Portis, but I definately don't think he's in the same category of consideration as Bush, not yet, anyway in my book.

I agree that Portis is most likely seen his best days, but there's always that chance - which makes it hard.

The Owens vs Gates dilemma is definately the toughest one and all points stated are valid. This is the second year of this league so everyone can keep any 3 people on their roster, which makes some projections a bit more difficult... but at least its not like the other Keeper I joined last year. I reached for Bush in the second round (which turned out to be a reasonable reach), but then when they set the keeper rules just a few weeks ago (even though we begged and pleaded for them to be set prior to the 1st year draft), the commish ruled that 1st and 2nd round draft picks cannot be kept.. what a waste.

Odds are, most owners are going to try to keep 2RB's and then their remaining best player, most likely a WR and a few QB's, would be my guess.

Maurice Drew

Santana Moss

Terrell Owens

Antonio Gates

Reggie Bush

Clinton Portis

Reggie Brown

Bush, MJD and Owens. I wish you could start 3 RB though. Would have said Portis over Owens.