Sign in to follow this  
buffoonus

Need some help

Ok, so maybe I am thick or something...but I don't see how in the scoring set up it takes into account the return touchodwns...example I have Reggie Bush and MJD and both I feel should be rated higher than they are since both have the potential for more touchdowns based on returns...

I see that in the scoring section under defenses it has kick or punt return for scoring...but nothing under RB's...

My league scores for return by the individual and NOT the defense....

Anyway, I was wondering how I should handle that...Any suggestions?

I love the Compiler I have used it the last 3 years and it has served me well...it is a great tool...EXCEPT I am hesitant to share it with my draft buddies since I don't want them to get the edge on me..so basically I am not real good at advertising..although I have touted it highly to my family members and other friends not in my league...

Thanks

Ok, so maybe I am thick or something...but I don't see how in the scoring set up it takes into account the return touchodwns...example I have Reggie Bush and MJD and both I feel should be rated higher than they are since both have the potential for more touchdowns based on returns...

I see that in the scoring section under defenses it has kick or punt return for scoring...but nothing under RB's...

My league scores for return by the individual and NOT the defense....

Anyway, I was wondering how I should handle that...Any suggestions?

I love the Compiler I have used it the last 3 years and it has served me well...it is a great tool...EXCEPT I am hesitant to share it with my draft buddies since I don't want them to get the edge on me..so basically I am not real good at advertising..although I have touted it highly to my family members and other friends not in my league...

Thanks

Right now that is not an option. I think Mike said that it would be 1. to hard to project return yards for each individual 2. to project a possible DB as a returner would also be difficult. 3. the return players change so frequently for each team that placing to much value on a players return projections could throw that players projections out of wack (ie. Devin Hester).

So would you just go through and rerank those players you feel are worth more since they have some return duties as well.

Also, I assume then I should take out the points for the defense since my defense is not awarded anything for return TD's

Hey buffoonus. Pretty much what stlku said, we don't have return yard and TD projections for individuals. I actually have a draft tonight I need to grab one player for a combined punt/kick returner role (that's all they get points for). Since we're drafting so early I might take a stab at a player but for the most part I think I'll wait until after Week 1 and grab somone off waivers. You can bet I'll find someone better than at least half the league who picks one this early in the draft... FYI, I grabbed Devin Hester last year.

Anyway... I'm rambling, and that doesn't help you... if you want to add some TDs for certain players you expect to score via a punt or kick return, then what you could do is alter the rushing or receiving TD projections for those players. Do so on the position tabs, and then the projected fantasy points will update. That is probably the easiest way to go about it.

Return TDs are so unpredictable though, I caution adding too many points/TDs to any one player.

So would you just go through and rerank those players you feel are worth more since they have some return duties as well.

Also, I assume then I should take out the points for the defense since my defense is not awarded anything for return TD's

Do you have a position for just individual return yards or are those yards just a bonus on top? Either way I think it would all depend on how your scoring system is set up. If you get only points for touchdowns I would say don't adjust your rankings at all. If you get points for yards as well then I would adjust that players rankings possibly a position or two. I don't think you want to get caught reaching for a player who may or may not continue to hold both duties. There are not that many full time players who hold both duties and do them well. For example Devin Hester only ranked 14th in total return yards, and full time players MJD and R. Bush (I guess you could call him full time) did not rank in the top twenty in total return yards in 2006.

And yes you should take out return yards if your scoring does not use them.

Thanks for your replies...it is greatly appreciated.

I have a better understanding of what I am going to do now.

Thanks Again..