Sign in to follow this  
capmeo

Drafting from 8 hole-Thinking 2 QB's 1 & 2

League starts 2QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DST

Scoring

QB-5 pts per TD

RB/WR-6 pts per TD

Would you consider going Manning and Palmer with the first two picks here?

Is it an 8-team league? That is the only way I'd consider it, but even then I would probably only take one.

Just my $0.02

Parlay Pete

Good point Pete, it is a 12 team league.

I would not do this. There is not nearly as much depth at the RB position as there is at the QB position. It may be a good idea to grab a good QB early but get 2 RBs you know will shoulder the load. Guys like Brady, Brees, and Bulger should be around in the 3rd and 4th if you want to take a QB early. All those guys should perform well.

Please answer mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=278635

i second enjoi's thought -- even is palmer gets all his upside, does that warrant a 2nd round pick? Hmm

In a league like this I would look to get 2 solid RB's and 2 solid QB's in the first 6 rounds. BUT I wouldn't go overboard and draft 2 QB's with my first two picks. If Manning is there with the 8th pick in this format, thats not a bad pick, but I'd make sure I get a good RB with my next pick. Basically I think I'd aim to get ONE of the top 6 QB's (Manning, Palmer, Brady, Brees, Bulger, McNabb), but don't overdraft them if there is a solid RB sitting there for the taking. Then grab another high upside type QB in the 5th-6th rounds (Romo, Rivers, Leinart, etc). Just my opinion. This format definitely makes QB's more important, you can't wait forever, but RB's are still the MOST important.