steel827

Will I be competitive by trying this?

All TDS 6 pts

10 team league

1 pt rush/rec per 10 yds

1 pt pass per 25 yds

2nd pick overall

No PPR

I'm thinking of taking Palmer in the second round. If he's not there then take the top wide or RB and select Brady in the 3rd round. This would leave me with an Evans/TJ/A.Johnson/Boldin/R.Moss in the 4th and 5th rounds where I can select 2.

I've been killed with not having a top consistent QB the last 2 years. I'm sure the top 6 QBs will all be gone by my pick in the 4th round. I don't want to be sitting with the likes of Rivers/Romo/Hasselbeck/Young where no one is sure what these guys are going to do.

I've got 3 scenerios that I'm considering. The players listed are types of guys that might be there. I'm fairly sure that Palmer won't be there in the 3rd and it's possible he may not even make it to me in the 2nd.

Scenerio #1

RB - Jackson (2)

RB - Brown (19)

QB - Brady (22)

WR - Evans/TJ/A.Johnson/Boldin/Moss (39)

WR - Evans/TJ/A.Johnson/Boldin/R.Moss (42)

Scenerio #2

RB - Jackson (2)

QB - Palmer (19)

WR - Harrison (22)

RB - Jacobs/McAllister/T.Jones (39)

WR - Evans/TJ/A.Johnson/Boldin/R.Moss (42)

Scenerio #3

RB - Jackson (2)

WR - Smith/Chad/Holt/Harrison (19)

QB - Brady/Brees (22)

RB - Jacobs/McAllister/T.Jones (39)

WR - Evans/TJ/A.Johnson/Boldin/R.Moss

In leagues where passing TD's are 6 points that is not too early for a QB, however, i still would wait for the next tier of QB's to be pulled off the board and grab whichever of those you are highest on, and get some RB depth early.

I agree, I wouldnt waste a pick on Palmer, Brady, or Brees when you can get a Bulger or McNabb a round or two later. From my experience the 6 point QB TD's do NOT change how people draft very much. You still only start one QB while in most leagues you start 2-3 RB's, making them much more scarce.

Thanks. I understand. I've seen a lot of mocks and it seems like Manning, Palmer, Brady, Bulger, McNabb & Brees are all gone by my spot in the 4th round. Now I'm stuck with Kitna, Romo, Rivers, Cutler and those types of guys. I don't like any of them and I just can't seperate them. Romo did nothing once defenses had some film on him. Cutler may be a year away. Rivers doesn't give much of a big week. Kitna is 35. I don't know. It seems like after the big 6 there is a significant drop off to the others where in years past it is gradual.

The last two years the QB position has killed me. We have to have two on our rosters and I can never get those right with matchups. It also seems like the RBs are becoming a guessing game.

Do what you think is best for your team. You're right, there is a huge dropoff after the first 6 QBs. If you think they will all be gone by the time you pick in the 4th round then grab one in the 3rd round if you think its necessary. Most of the mocks Ive seen have Bulger going late 4th and McNabb going early 5th so it could be close. But you know the tendencies of your owners better than me. I personally like to draft QB's late and grab 2 of them in the 7th-9th round and play matchups. Your right that can be frustrating, but also sometimes one of those guys turns out to be a top 5 guy (Drew Brees last year). If your league doesn't penalize you much for turnovers then Kitna can be a very good pick. I like Rivers and Hasselbeck also this year. I think both can get 20-25 TD's.

Do what you think is best for your team. You're right, there is a huge dropoff after the first 6 QBs. If you think they will all be gone by the time you pick in the 4th round then grab one in the 3rd round if you think its necessary. Most of the mocks Ive seen have Bulger going late 4th and McNabb going early 5th so it could be close. But you know the tendencies of your owners better than me. I personally like to draft QB's late and grab 2 of them in the 7th-9th round and play matchups. Your right that can be frustrating, but also sometimes one of those guys turns out to be a top 5 guy (Drew Brees last year). If your league doesn't penalize you much for turnovers then Kitna can be a very good pick. I like Rivers and Hasselbeck also this year. I think both can get 20-25 TD's.

I tend to agree with this.