Sign in to follow this  
dojo_commish

Auction Style Draft

I have the compiler and buddy all set up, just not real clear on what inflation does and what Max Bid means.

100 cap, 2 frozen max.

$1 min. all players

We do freeze two players each, and those values I have entered into the freeze tab.

For Example:

If I freeze Peyton Manning for $28 and look at the offense tab...It says Steven Jackson Max Bid $61.

If I were to bid $61 on SJax, I wouldn't have enough left for the rest of my team, as that would leave me with $11 and 14 spots to fill.

I think Im just understanding it wrong.

Draft in a week, any help would be great!!!!!

Thanks

Hi dojo. Do you mean the Max Bid on the summary tab, by team, or the Forecast Max Bid on the auction input tab?

Hi Mike!

I am talking about the max Bid on the offense tab. Is that predicting what the max will be?

Great program by the way!

Im using it for my upcoming auction draft, hopefully i run it right!

Yes, that is the amount calculated in the Cheatsheet Compiler as the suggested (forecast) max bid to pay for a player. This amount does not take into account that you in particular have already spent $28 on Manning. This is a calculation of each player's dollar value relative to the rest of the players.

Now, what the inflation adjusted amounts are doing (and this does appear on the offense tab when it indicates at the top that inflation is "on"), is assessing how much money has already been spent on players by your league, like the keepers, and adjusting the forecast max bid if there is now more or less expected money to spend on remaining players.

If you are looking for your particular team's Max Bid calculation, then look to the summary tab. This will take into account players you've purchased, and remaining number of players you need to buy to fill your roster.

Mike,

Thanks for explaining this to me too! I am a first-time customer and also using it for my first auction draft. It has already saved me loads of time with the Max Bid feature for value assessment. I really like the inflation calculator too now that I understand it's role.

Our draft is the 18th. I will definitely upload our results when we are finished.

Thanks again!

Tom

Great to hear guys. Definitely auctions are increasing in popularity so a lot of emphasis has been put on improving the auction features in the Compiler and Buddy the last couple years. I did an "expert" auction draft last week. I don't think the results are available to the public, but I'll check and post them if they are.