Sign in to follow this  
capmeo

Schaub/Grossman or Farve?

what kind of league? (re-draft, keeper, dynasty) How many points lost for INT?

Redraft league

5 pt per TD

-2 per INT

I vote for Grossman, but just barely. Shaub on the Texans is too much of an unknown. Favre is clearly on the downside, but he will have some big games. One can only hope Grossman will learn something form last year. He is clearly on the best team of the three, and has good receivers. I guess the other part of this question is who is your #1 QB. If its a stud like Manning, Palmer, Brees, etc. then you are looking at starting your #2 QB once, and it depends on the possible matchups that week. That would also explain why your choices at backup QB are the bottom of the barrel.

I vote for Grossman, but just barely. Shaub on the Texans is too much of an unknown. Favre is clearly on the downside, but he will have some big games. One can only hope Grossman will learn something form last year. He is clearly on the best team of the three, and has good receivers. I guess the other part of this question is who is your #1 QB. If its a stud like Manning, Palmer, Brees, etc. then you are looking at starting your #2 QB once, and it depends on the possible matchups that week. That would also explain why your choices at backup QB are the bottom of the barrel.

Palmer is my # 1, but this league allows a flex at QB.

Favre may not have the best ratio TD/int, completion rate, or even be the best QB out of the 3 this year, but he throws the most, take him.

QB TD's- 5 pts

Who would you take as your #2?

Farve

Schaub

R.Grossman

I think Grossman is terrible......he's out.

So it comes down to knowing what you'll get or reaching for potential.

Since it's your #2 I would opt for the potential. You know what Favre will get you, but Schuab could end up being a great qb. We don't really know what he is capable of. He's a great #2.

Of course it's also a good idea to see who Favre/Schuab/Grossman play during your #1's bye week. If Schuab plays Baltimore and Favre plays Chicago.....then maybe Grossman vs Packers D isn't so bad.

I would check match-ups if you're just looking for a bye week starter, but if you're looking for a #2 to be potential trade bait then go with Schuab.