Sign in to follow this  
JuddSmith73

Any Updates on LJ?

I have the third pick in the draft with 10 Teams and it is driving me crazy that I don't know the status on him. If he doesn't sign who do you think I should take at 3?

League Breakdown:

6 points for TD rushing

5 points for TD passing

1 point for 10 rushing

1 point for 25 passing

1 point for 2 receptions

Just heard on the radio, the two parties are exchanging contract offers at the present time. Both sides are getting closer to something they both can agree upon, and they are both confident they can get a deal worked out before the season begins. It may not be until right before the season begins but I don't think missing training camp or preseason games really hurts LJ or the Chiefs any...

Just heard on the radio, the two parties are exchanging contract offers at the present time. Both sides are getting closer to something they both can agree upon, and they are both confident they can get a deal worked out before the season begins. It may not be until right before the season begins but I don't think missing training camp or preseason games really hurts LJ or the Chiefs any...

Great Info! thanks......My draft isn't until August 29th so I have some time....I hope they work themselves out quickly!

you know, another thing I was thinking about is the fact that LJ really is a numbers guy. All the records he could break, the pro-bowls, and all that is important to him.

A single 1700 yard and 15 TD season could be the difference between being a great RB in the NFL and being a HOF running back.

I think LJ knows he may only have a limited stint in this league, and I think it's important for him to be on the field as much as he possibly can. He wants to play and I'm fairly confident they'll get something worked out.

I found it very interesting on the Hard Knocks show when LJ compared himself to Early Campbell and Jim Brown and pretty much acknowledged that with his running style he may only have 5-6 productive seasons and that breakdown is a real possibility in the future. I like it for 2 reasons, one he understands his time is now and he wants the money and he seems very focused on keeping his body in top shape and really making an impact now. I actually think missing this time will help LJ this year alot as he hasn't had to go through the daily grind of 2 a days in camp.

This just in..........

LJ should be taken with the second pick in the draft.

fixed :pointstosky:

Chiefs close to deal with Larry Johnson

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

RIVER FALLS, Wis. | The Chiefs and Larry Johnson were closing in on agreement on a contract extension that could put him back in a Chiefs uniform in time for their third preseason game on Aug. 23 against New Orleans at Arrowhead Stadium.

Multiple sources told The Star today the sides had narrowed their once-considerable differences and a deal could be struck sometime this week.

One source indicated Johnson might be at Arrowhead Stadium for Thursday night’s game against Miami.

Publicly, Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson said he didn’t believe a deal was imminent.

“I’m cautiously optimistic a deal will get concluded, but exactly when I can’t tell you. I really can’t,” Peterson said. “I would say we’re still communicating. Are we real close? Not from where I sit.

“We’re still talking pretty much on a daily basis. There are things we’re still stuck on and I can’t say how long that’s going to take.”

He just signed an extension (per ESPN radio, no link)

Good to hear if true. Michael Smith was just on Sportscenter and said they are about 4mil apart but the structure is set. LJ wants 23 and KC wants to give 19.

Close now. :wacko:

He just signed an extension (per ESPN radio, no link)

umm, i just watched local 6 oclock news and nothing, and there is nothing being posted at chiefsplanet...

umm, i just watched local 6 oclock news and nothing, and there is nothing being posted at chiefsplanet...

Well, whoopde f**king do.

It isn't like I said I was sitting in on it when it happened, I just posted what I heard on the radio (notice that I said there was no link).