Sign in to follow this  
Shanser

Second Keeper and First Round Draft Opinions

Ok, so I'm about to head into the draft this weekend with a 3rd pick in a semi-snaking keeper league. Each team is keeping 2 players, and so far other teams are keeping:

LT

SJax

Rudi Johnson

Westbrook

Larry Johnson

Frank Gore

Reggie Bush

Willis McGahee

Chad Johnson

Torry Holt

Tom Brady

Peyton Manning

Carson Palmer

Philip Rivers

We start 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 4 WRs, a TE, K, TM. Our point distribution is as follows:

Passing: 1pt/25yds and 4pts/touchdown

Rushing: 1pt/10yds and 6pts/touchdown

Receiving: 1pt/10yds and 6pts/touchdown

Now here's my team from last year:

V. Young, D. Mcnabb

S. Alexander, W. Parker, A. Green

R. Wayne, R. Williams, J. Walker, B. Berrian

J. Witten

R. Gould

Ravens

I've already decided to keep Willie Parker as my first keeper, but I'm conflicted about my second keeper. Alexander has been highly ranked by a lot of people, most saying it'll be a comeback year. I understand he's pretty much healed and in good shape for the next season and that the Seahawks have a pretty easy schedule. On the other hand though, he's getting pretty old, has high potential for another injury (maybe the foot), and the Seattle O-line is severely weakend. I'm wondering if it would be better to maybe keep one of my WRs, even as there are surely top quality WRs I could still snag later in the draft. Am I shooting myself in the foot by believing Alexander will produce enough to warrant a top RB slot? I've seen him ranked statistically (from well respected sources) as low as RB33.

Thoughts?

I would keep alexander, if he returns to form you have the possibilty of having 2 top 10 RB's and that is always a good thing. Plus the dropoff between a top 10 RB and a 10-20 RB is alot greater than a top 10 WR and a 10-20 WR, this is why I recomend Alexander even though I think wayne is going to be top 5.

I would keep alexander, if he returns to form you have the possibilty of having 2 top 10 RB's and that is always a good thing. Plus the dropoff between a top 10 RB and a 10-20 RB is alot greater than a top 10 WR and a 10-20 WR, this is why I recomend Alexander even though I think wayne is going to be top 5.

I agree. You gotta keep Alexander man. The guy broke his foot, not a torn ACL. He's never had "knee swelling" (unlike Parker), or any other serious injury to speak of. This whole "having a high potential for injury" is utter crap. Alexander looked good coming back from the injury last season, put up good numbers, has a pretty easy run schedule, and has proven over and over that he's a stud. Using the logic of "backs getting older" or "alot of mileage", nobody should be drafting LT first overall. LT has had more career carries than SA, although he's played one less season (that's right, only 1 fewer, in which SA had 64 carries) and is a whopping 18 or 20 months younger. Alexander is getting older, but he's got atleast 1 (if not 2) GREAT seasons left in him before the decline.

HTH <_<

I agree. You gotta keep Alexander man. The guy broke his foot, not a torn ACL. He's never had "knee swelling" (unlike Parker), or any other serious injury to speak of. This whole "having a high potential for injury" is utter crap. Alexander looked good coming back from the injury last season, put up good numbers, has a pretty easy run schedule, and has proven over and over that he's a stud. Using the logic of "backs getting older" or "alot of mileage", nobody should be drafting LT first overall. LT has had more career carries than SA, although he's played one less season (that's right, only 1 fewer, in which SA had 64 carries) and is a whopping 18 or 20 months younger. Alexander is getting older, but he's got atleast 1 (if not 2) GREAT seasons left in him before the decline.

HTH :doublethumbsup:

totally agree. take parker and alexander man. thats a superb start to any fantasy team.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=279887

Thanks for the advice guys, but what do you think about the loss of Hutchinson? Alexander may be back to form, but if his O-line is crippled....Also, there's the possibility I could see a trade between Alexander and Addai before the draft (it's slim, but the guy may go for it). Would Addai be a better bet?

Thanks for the advice guys, but what do you think about the loss of Hutchinson? Alexander may be back to form, but if his O-line is crippled....Also, there's the possibility I could see a trade between Alexander and Addai before the draft (it's slim, but the guy may go for it). Would Addai be a better bet?

Hutchinson was lost last year, and from 2 years ago(alexanders MVP season) there has only been 1 lineman changed(hutchinson), and consistency like that helps. I think the line, the blocking of Strong, and Hassleback being healthy should return Alexander to 3-8 form or a tier 2 RB.

That is if everyone can stay healthy, but thats always the case :overhead:

If you can get Addai for Alexander then I'd do that, if not you keep Alexander and Parker.