Sign in to follow this  
egnagey

Need Help...4th pick in keeper league!

So I am in an 8 person league. Everyone is able to keep one player from the previous year (as long as that person was drafted by them and was on thier team at the end of the year). The key to the keeper is that where you drafted you keeper last year, you will lose that draft position this year.

Keepers from last year:

- I kept B Jacobs losing my 18th round pick!

- LT

- Addai

- Gore

- Parker

- LenDale White

- Westbrook

- Vince Young

So here is what I am looking at in front of me: LT, Steven Jackson, (probably Manning). So who should I pick up with my first round pick?

1) Don't like LJ at all. Too many carries last year, qb change, line change, lack of receivers, etc... (call me an idiot now, but I don't think he can do it 3 years in a row).

2) Alexander is also a big unknown with his injury from last year, but I think he has more upside than LJ (we don't have a PPR scoring so that helps with SA).

3) I am also looking at Mr. Consistant Rudy. He has put up 12 td's 3 years in a row and 1200+ yds each year.

4) Other option is going for Palmer, or a #1 receiver and pick up a RB on that way back around like Henry, Bush, McGahee, etc...

Again, I would like to pick up a RB in the first round, but there are so many big ?????'s this year with injuries from last year, aging RB's, # of carries, line changes, etc...If I can get a solid scoring QB, or WR and pick up RB's in other rounds.

Any help/thoughts on this decision will be MUCH appreciated!!!!

RUDI JOHNSON

he got the load last year and he will this year, with no threat of a td vulture

or

LARRY JOHNSON

he got his money and he's vicious...though he could be susceptible to the shaun "i got my money then i have a shitty year" alexander syndrome

anyone else? Still not sold on LJ. If anyone feels I should take LJ, please give me some reasoning behind the pick since I have laid out my concerns with him this year.

Thanks again!

Someone's keeping LenWhale? Haha. I don't care if he was 10th round pick last year. He's not worth it.

I wouldn't go with Shaun Alexander. I don't know how early he hurt his foot, but before he went down last season his numbers weren't that hot. I think they really really really missed Hutchinson. Since it's a pretty small league, you can also grab Peyton if he falls since there should be plenty of decent backs on the way back around although I wouldn't go WR or any other qb.

As for Rudi, if you expect him to get 1200 and 12 as opposed to Larry Johnson's 1800 and 15, you have to decided how probable it is that Larry craps the bed. If it's only like 25%, you have to take Larry because that makes the risk versus reward in your favor. If you are thinking it's over 40% chance Larry sucks it up, go with Rudi.

I would draft Henry or Bush over LJ or Rudi. LJ has hit the single season carry that causes running backs to break down after, and Rudi has hit the carrear carry load that causes RB's to break down. I am a big believer in statistics so neither of those guys would be an option. I would of told you Henry and backed it up with tons of arguments before his grade 1 MCL sprain(grade 1 means NO structural damage) if it was regular season he would come back the next week and play, but he will sit out the rest of preseason(cause its preseason). The reason bush is in the argument, is because its a keeper league, and because i have projected solid #1(not top 5 numbers, but still good) numbers for Reggie bush this year, and because in 2 years i expect Deuce to have either a much decreased workload or to have moved on to another team, which should put his numbers top 3.

I would draft Henry or Bush over LJ or Rudi. LJ has hit the single season carry that causes running backs to break down after, and Rudi has hit the carrear carry load that causes RB's to break down. I am a big believer in statistics so neither of those guys would be an option. I would of told you Henry and backed it up with tons of arguments before his grade 1 MCL sprain(grade 1 means NO structural damage) if it was regular season he would come back the next week and play, but he will sit out the rest of preseason(cause its preseason). The reason bush is in the argument, is because its a keeper league, and because i have projected solid #1(not top 5 numbers, but still good) numbers for Reggie bush this year, and because in 2 years i expect Deuce to have either a much decreased workload or to have moved on to another team, which should put his numbers top 3.

Henry is a good option as well that I didn't consider.