Sign in to follow this  
2GQ

Need a solid RB 1

My league is a 12-team keeper league. Scoring awards 2 points for each rush/receiving yard, 1 yard for each passing yard, 60 points for a rush/rec TD, 30 points for passing TD and -45 for an INT.

I need a solid RB 1 as I currently have Marshawn Lynch, MJD, Brandon Jacobs, and Brandon Jackson as potential starting RB in a league that must start 2 RB and a flex RB/WR.

So, should I offer Brees, Jacobs, and Donte Stallworth for Shaun Alexander and Vince Young?

I think that's a fair enough deal to offer. I wouldn't do it if I were the other owner though because I think Stallworth is only going to have 1 good week in 4 in the Pats offense making him less then worthless to me since he's not good enough to start, but too good to cut.

I think that's a fair enough deal to offer. I wouldn't do it if I were the other owner though because I think Stallworth is only going to have 1 good week in 4 in the Pats offense making him less then worthless to me since he's not good enough to start, but too good to cut.

I actually just got an email from the guy as I did offer the trade and he asked who else I have besides Stallworth to offer. I have Housh, Lee Evans, Hackett and Chambers to offer but need to start 3 WR. I think I could part with Chambers or Hackett in order to start Housh, Evans and Hackett/Chambers. But I would have concerns adding Housh or Evans into the mix as my WR corp would be weak. Would you agree with this line of thinking?

Finally, would having Lynch and Evans be putting too much emphasis on the Buffalo O? Maybe I should offer Lynch instead of Jacobs?

If he wanted Hackett I would be ecstatic. I would offer him up first. It looks liek he's trying to see if you'll offer too much. I wouldn't mind parting with Chambers as well.

As for the Lynch versus Jacobs debate. I would offer up Lynch over Jacobs in a heartbeat with your scoring system. I expect Jacobs will have double digit TDs while Lynch earns his money between the 20's.

I'd shoot for Lynch, Brees, and Hackett and retreat to Lynch, Brees, and Chambers. If you don't want to fool around just go straight to the Chambers deal. That's what I would do.

Lynch right now i believe is the most over rated RB(that you have on your roster), he is going to be in a RBBC, and be in a sitation where he isnt the goal line back, or the 3rd down back. He hasnt been a good enough blocker yet to earn the 3rd down spot, and he isnt as large as A-train. While he has lots of upside, i think that upside is dependent on A-train going down. Plus he has a value of a late 2nd to early 4th round round pick.

You shouldnt get sold on offering him for 1 player, offer him to lots of other teams( and only trades that slightly favor you) and see if anyone either bites or offers you a counter offer.

:edit:

Also Hackett was just demoted below Burleson on the depth chart. If you can use Hackett in the trade thats a good thing, because even though I believe hackett will eventually work his way up to the #2 WR on Seahawks depth chart this year, the fact that he is being challenged by burleson does not bode well for his break out potential.

Lynch right now i believe is the most over rated RB(that you have on your roster), he is going to be in a RBBC, and be in a sitation where he isnt the goal line back, or the 3rd down back. He hasnt been a good enough blocker yet to earn the 3rd down spot, and he isnt as large as A-train. While he has lots of upside, i think that upside is dependent on A-train going down. Plus he has a value of a late 2nd to early 4th round round pick.

You shouldnt get sold on offering him for 1 player, offer him to lots of other teams( and only trades that slightly favor you) and see if anyone either bites or offers you a counter offer.

:edit:

Also Hackett was just demoted below Burleson on the depth chart. If you can use Hackett in the trade thats a good thing, because even though I believe hackett will eventually work his way up to the #2 WR on Seahawks depth chart this year, the fact that he is being challenged by burleson does not bode well for his break out potential.

So what's a legitimate offer for Alexander? That's who I really covet.

My league is a 12-team keeper league. Scoring awards 2 points for each rush/receiving yard, 1 yard for each passing yard, 60 points for a rush/rec TD, 30 points for passing TD and -45 for an INT.

I need a solid RB 1 as I currently have Marshawn Lynch, MJD, Brandon Jacobs, and Brandon Jackson as potential starting RB in a league that must start 2 RB and a flex RB/WR.

So, should I offer Brees, Jacobs, and Donte Stallworth for Shaun Alexander and Vince Young?

First off, why the weird scoring??? More points against for INT that you get for throwing a TD. Who was your first round pick? Who did you keep?

Anyways, breaking down the QB, in this scoring system, Brees outscored Young, 4,871 to 3500. That is about 90 points per game. I think it is more likely that Brees repeats his performance than Young his. As for the running backs, certainly Alexander is an upgrade from Brandon Jacobs, but he would have to average 1.5 more touchdowns per game to even out what you would potentially be giving up at QB. For me, I would keep what I have. MJD and Jacobs may have enough to keep you in games. Who are your other WRs?

So what's a legitimate offer for Alexander? That's who I really covet.

One of the worst mistakes of fantasy football is developing a manlove so great for a player that it blinds you. You should try to trade for every player that you consider in his tier. Which i believe is FWP, westbrook, Travis Henry, Larry Johnson, Addai, Rudi Johnson and Maroney.

First off, why the weird scoring??? More points against for INT that you get for throwing a TD. Who was your first round pick? Who did you keep?

Anyways, breaking down the QB, in this scoring system, Brees outscored Young, 4,871 to 3500. That is about 90 points per game. I think it is more likely that Brees repeats his performance than Young his. As for the running backs, certainly Alexander is an upgrade from Brandon Jacobs, but he would have to average 1.5 more touchdowns per game to even out what you would potentially be giving up at QB. For me, I would keep what I have. MJD and Jacobs may have enough to keep you in games. Who are your other WRs?

Correction, the scoring system is:

PaInt - Passing Interception -20 points

PaTD - Passing TD 30 points

PaYd - Passing Yards 1+ PaYd = 1 point for every 1 PaYd

ReTD - Receiving TD 60 points

ReYd - Receiving Yards 1+ ReYd = 2 points for every 1 ReYd

Recpt - Reception 2 points

RuTD - Rushing TD 60 points

RuYd - Rushing Yards 1+ RuYd = 2 points for every 1 RuYd

I kept Jacobs and MJD as many RB1 were kept by other teams. I had Tiki last year. My WR are Housh, Lee Evans, Chambers, Stallworth, Williamson, Hackett, and Chris Henry in the 20th round!

One of the worst mistakes of fantasy football is developing a manlove so great for a player that it blinds you. You should try to trade for every player that you consider in his tier. Which i believe is FWP, westbrook, Travis Henry, Larry Johnson, Addai, Rudi Johnson and Maroney.

Knowing the other owners in my league, the owners of FWP, Rudi, Henry, and LJ will not trade, they never do. Addai has already been deemed untouchable. I tried to trade for Westy but was denied. The only option other than Shaun is Maroney. Maroney's owner has a weak WR group, Phillip Rivers, and Gore, LT2, and Maroney as his primary backs.

Maroney would be a good target then, because you could trade less for him and still get him.

Although even by my own admission, i do have maroney lower in that tier.

Also i am not trying to convince you not to trade for SA, just dont let your obvious man-love for him blind you to his actual value.