Sign in to follow this  
PWFFL

Whats the latest on Laurence Maroney?

I have the 6th pick and I'm not sold on SA who I believe is who is going to fall to me. I've had my eye on Maroney for the past couple months and I had him last year and i think he's due to break out but why is he falling? I see he's ranked 11th! surely he's a top 8 running back this year

I have the 6th pick and I'm not sold on SA who I believe is who is going to fall to me. I've had my eye on Maroney for the past couple months and I had him last year and i think he's due to break out but why is he falling? I see he's ranked 11th! surely he's a top 8 running back this year

Stick with SA; and don't call me Shirley!

Maroney has a shoulder injury and he was just cleared to practice with full contact.

THe problem is that the Pats don't talk about injuries, which means we don't know how serious the injury actually is.

But I think if Maroney is healthy, he will have a top 10 year, probably right up there with Addai in the non-ppr leagues.

Yes I was confused as to why FFToday dropped him as well.. he was at 8 I think, takes off the red shirt and they drop him to 11. I moved him up my list. :lol:

Maroney has been saying all camp that he is good to go and the red shirt was just his coaches being cautious, they are just making sure he doesnt hurt his repaired shoulder. I wouldn't blink about taking him at 6, but probably not over SA.

Count on 1500 and 15 out of Maroney in my opinion.

Heres the way I look at it:

Do I trust the fantasy football writers who are sheep? (really, the closer to the draft the more all the experts list look identical--go with the flock I say! Safety in numbers--no room for orginal thought)

OR

Do I trust the Bill Belichick actually knows what he is doing since there is no legitiment back up to Maroney?

(You know the guy who has won 3 Super Bowls and built a dynasty)

Belichick or Sheep

Sheep or Belichick

Hmmmmm tough decison.

Heres the way I look at it:

Do I trust the fantasy football writers who are sheep? (really, the closer to the draft the more all the experts list look identical--go with the flock I say! Safety in numbers--no room for orginal thought)

OR

Do I trust the Bill Belichick actually knows what he is doing since there is no legitiment back up to Maroney?

(You know the guy who has won 3 Super Bowls and built a dynasty)

Belichick or Sheep

Sheep or Belichick

Hmmmmm tough decison.

But there is a legit backup to Maroney. Sammy Morris is actually decent in that system -- Belichick has been raving about him all offseason.

Not that he is a Maroney - by any means - but don't think that NE isn't prepared for everything.

With that said, I think that Maroney is healthy.. I think they were just being cautious. He is very much worth a Top 10 pick... And has a big an upside as anyone outside the top 5. I am hoping to have him on atleast one of my teams.