Sign in to follow this  
ayemac

2 Qs: Flex for WR/TE and Baseline Adjust Factor

Two quick questions, please. I put a 1 in the O-Flex as we can use a WR or a TE. I placed a 0 in the TE slot as only a few teams (10 total) will draft TEs. I'm guessing on past experience that maybe four will be drafted total and only two to three might play consistently.

So in the OVERALL RANKINGS / CUSTOM BASELINES in the compiler, it lists 0 for TEs. I want TEs to be factored into the draft, but I'm not 100% sure if I have to adjust something here or not. My assumption is that it's safe to leave the TEs at 0 and Flex at 1 as the TEs will most likely show up to be drafted anyway.

Which leads me to me next question...regarding the Custom Baselines.

What is this for and how should I adjust it, if at all? Is the TE situation that I mentioned above the exact situation where I WOULD adjust these settings?

Please assist. Draft's tomorrow night.

Two quick questions, please. I put a 1 in the O-Flex as we can use a WR or a TE. I placed a 0 in the TE slot as only a few teams (10 total) will draft TEs. I'm guessing on past experience that maybe four will be drafted total and only two to three might play consistently.

So in the OVERALL RANKINGS / CUSTOM BASELINES in the compiler, it lists 0 for TEs. I want TEs to be factored into the draft, but I'm not 100% sure if I have to adjust something here or not. My assumption is that it's safe to leave the TEs at 0 and Flex at 1 as the TEs will most likely show up to be drafted anyway.

Which leads me to me next question...regarding the Custom Baselines.

What is this for and how should I adjust it, if at all? Is the TE situation that I mentioned above the exact situation where I WOULD adjust these settings?

Please assist. Draft's tomorrow night.

I think I would just combine the TE and WR. This can be done by checking the box in the setup tab under league variables. That way you do not have to adjust the baeslines.

I think you need to clarify for us ayemac. Does your league just combine WR/TE into a single position, or is it a true flex position where you start separate WR, separate TE, and then have a choice for another starter which can be either WR or TE?

It sounds like it is combined, in which case I would take away the O-Flex, add one more to WR starters, and check off to combine WR/TE for your league.

The "flex," as we're calling it, is either a WR OR a TE in the WR slot. So, in effect, we're not playing with just a TE. Some will have two WRs and one TE, but most will have three WRs.

Lineup:

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 WR/TE

1 DEF

1 KICKER

I currently have 2 WRs in cell E18 for starters per team and one O-Flex. I've also checked the WR and TE to combine the two. If what I'm hearing is correct, you'd uncheck the O-Flex (H18), bump the WR (E18) from two starters to three, and then leave the combined WR and TE flex. Right?

All that being said, at what point (if ever) would I want to adjust the custom baselines? Give me a scenario for that, please.

I currently have 2 WRs in cell E18 for starters per team and one O-Flex. I've also checked the WR and TE to combine the two. If what I'm hearing is correct, you'd uncheck the O-Flex (H18), bump the WR (E18) from two starters to three, and then leave the combined WR and TE flex. Right?

Yes, that's it exactly

All that being said, at what point (if ever) would I want to adjust the custom baselines? Give me a scenario for that, please.

We've had some instances lately where the team defense position is getting ranked too high in the overall rankings. In response to that I've recommended changing the baseline adjustment for DEF from 1.0 to 0.5, which has brought them down to a more reasonable level.