Sign in to follow this  
joesmith

What's the news on Portis

Does anyone know what the latest is on Portis's knee?

It's connected to his thigh and his calf.

It's connected to his thigh and his calf.

Someone thinks he is funnier than he is :cry:

This was the most recent news i could find, posted today on nfl.com

» Clinton Portis is still targeting Week 1 for his return from a problematic knee, but he still hasn't started doing cutting drills in training camp. While he has increased in workload, Portis is doing all of his running in a straight line. The Redskins will continue to be cautious with their stud runner, but fantasy owners shouldn't expect to see him in the preseason. The true definition of a risk-reward player, Portis is still worth a second- or third-round selection but should be handcuffed to Ladell Betts if at all possible.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story?id=09000d...mp;confirm=true

Someone thinks he is funnier than he is :unsure:

This was the most recent news i could find, posted today on nfl.com

» Clinton Portis is still targeting Week 1 for his return from a problematic knee, but he still hasn't started doing cutting drills in training camp. While he has increased in workload, Portis is doing all of his running in a straight line. The Redskins will continue to be cautious with their stud runner, but fantasy owners shouldn't expect to see him in the preseason. The true definition of a risk-reward player, Portis is still worth a second- or third-round selection but should be handcuffed to Ladell Betts if at all possible.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story?id=09000d...mp;confirm=true

that was refreshing after the first post....thanks for the info :overhead:

I picked up Betts late in our draft, only because I feel Portis is a large sneeze away from being downgraded. That same problematic knee scares the hell out of me!