Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

Rate my team

I just thought i would post my redraft team, not so much for other people to rate, because i am going to make my decision regardless of what you think, but to show you guys what my team, so you know whether you should take my advice or not.

I decided to go RB WR WR, and then i stocked up on risk reward RB's, i expect most my risk/reward RB's to suck, i only need 1 to break out, and thats what i am hoping for this year. The WR's i went with are 2 that should make top 10. Even though that 50% of wr's drop out of top 10 every year, TO and wayne are the consistent guys. I also grabbed my QB and TE late, this is because there isnt much drop off in points per week in QB between a tier 2 and tier 3 QB, and every year i pull in either a tier 2 or 3 QB really late in the draft, and if for some reason i dont hit this year, i bet i get 2 of my RB's to hit, and then i will make a trade offer for a QB later on in the year. I wasnt going to pull crotchery except he fell to the 9th, well after his value. I was going to take a better QB there and wait on my 3rd WR(we only play 2) the last round, but i couldnt pass on him where he was.

Standard Scoring-no ppr

QB: Big Ben(Matt Shuab, Daunte Culpepper)

RB: Addai, Caddy(Tatum Bell, Kevin Jones, Brandon Jackson, Morency, Betts, A-train)

WR: TO, R Wayne, J Croctchery

TE: Bo Scaife

Def: Oakland- they play detroit week 1 and i do def by commitee on the waiver wire, last year i was 20 points under the #1 def.

So there you go, now you know whether you should take my advice after you saw my redraft team, of course I have other teams, but this is the redraft league i care most about.

:dunno: I like the draft strategy you took, but there is some concern if one of your wr's get hurt...I would have liked to see 4 wr's for that reason. Even a High Risk Rookie instead of A. Peterson from the Bears...he won't even be a BLEEP on the radar. I like the waiting on a QB later (that is one of the questions I posted on my forum). I think Big Ben will be in the top15 for Qb's by the end of the season. He also offers some Higher Potential with the new system they are going to be using.

Up grade your TE thru the waivers....I would rather have G. Olson or A. Smith/Stevens for the BUCS.

see mine and reply...thanks

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=281521

:dunno: I like the draft strategy you took, but there is some concern if one of your wr's get hurt...I would have liked to see 4 wr's for that reason. Even a High Risk Rookie instead of A. Peterson from the Bears...he won't even be a BLEEP on the radar. I like the waiting on a QB later (that is one of the questions I posted on my forum). I think Big Ben will be in the top15 for Qb's by the end of the season. He also offers some Higher Potential with the new system they are going to be using.

Up grade your TE thru the waivers....I would rather have G. Olson or A. Smith/Stevens for the BUCS.

see mine and reply...thanks

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=281521

Nah i dont like Olson, however i will look into either A smith or stevens when i know who is the starter, there are about 5 guys at the TE spot that i have on my radar in free agency. I am high on scaife this year, he has a young running QB throwing him the ball. This means lots of dump off passes to the TE and RB. ALthough it looks like chris brown is going to end up as the RB, and he isnt known as a recieving RB. They also let the #1 wr go from last year, so this further limits youngs passing options. I dont consider Troupe to be much competition either. I know they arent going to be in the redzone much, but i expect Scaife to get much of thos looks.

Anyone know who is winning the battle between smith/stevens right now? or is going to be a TEBC?

to me it really depends on the league settings. you waited quite a while to get a qb, but if the qb stats are lower than normal it shouldnt be an issue.

i like your rb depth and i think caddy will have a good rebound yr.

your wrs are solid, but i dont like your TE as a starter. i know he has potential and had a good preseason game the other day, but i doubt he'll be consistent week to week.

i like your defensive approach, if you can really do some homework week to week. just b/c the defense you choose plays an easier team, it doesnt mean that defense necessarily matches up well with the team they are playing--something to consider if you haven't already.

Yeah I like "few wr's but stock up on RB's" theory. Every year there are #3 wr's to be had through trade and free agency. But any of the RB's take off and your season is made. Little concerned about Caddy as your #2... but as mentioned, brandon jackson should take over after about game 3... and you'll be able to alternate him and caddy.

Here's my "I've got all the rb's" draft result... though I started with a couple of keepers.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=281818