Sign in to follow this  
fantasymind

Ahman races a horse...

I loved Ahman's run against the Boys this week...ran hard and showed good heart, continuing the run as it looked like he was tackled...However, I am a bit disturbed that he was run down from behind by #94...I think the general rule should be that no guy in his #20's should ever be run down by any guy in his #90s...That being said, I think I would still take a shot on him if he is around in the 6-7 area...

#94 would be DeMarcus Ware. He's not your typical #90 something guy. First of all he's a linebacker and second he's a soild 4.5 - 4.6 second 40yr guy.

1.Ahman Green wears #30.

2.Julius Peppers could catch basically any RB in the league not wearing 25 for the Saints, and he wears a number in the 90's.

3.You won't see Ahman Green that late unless you're drafting with drunk people. Mocks may show him close to there, but real drafts put the clamp down and the RBs always fly off the board. If you want him, look for round 4-5 to be where it goes (assuming 12 teamer).

I was mostly speaking in generalities to make the point that Green has lost a step and that most feature backs will outrun any Lb or DL...and, while Green may be in the #30s and Ware may be a "beast who can catch anyone other than Reggie Bush <if he is the guy who wears #25 in N.O., as was stated>, that run reminded me of Corey Dillon running for 50+ yards last season and being caught by everyone on the defense, including the kicking tee...

I am also in agreement that he will probably be off the board in the 5th, but I wouldn't spend more than a 6th or 7th on him...

1.Ahman Green wears #30.

2.Julius Peppers could catch basically any RB in the league not wearing 25 for the Saints, and he wears a number in the 90's.

3.You won't see Ahman Green that late unless you're drafting with drunk people. Mocks may show him close to there, but real drafts put the clamp down and the RBs always fly off the board. If you want him, look for round 4-5 to be where it goes (assuming 12 teamer).

:unsure:

I loved Ahman's run against the Boys this week...ran hard and showed good heart, continuing the run as it looked like he was tackled...However, I am a bit disturbed that he was run down from behind by #94...I think the general rule should be that no guy in his #20's should ever be run down by any guy in his #90s...That being said, I think I would still take a shot on him if he is around in the 6-7 area...

#94 is fast as hell. And that was an illegal horsecollar tackle which if #94 hadn't tackled him that way might not have been able to bring him down.

I was mostly speaking in generalities to make the point that Green has lost a step and that most feature backs will outrun any Lb or DL...and, while Green may be in the #30s and Ware may be a "beast who can catch anyone other than Reggie Bush <if he is the guy who wears #25 in N.O., as was stated>, that run reminded me of Corey Dillon running for 50+ yards last season and being caught by everyone on the defense, including the kicking tee...

I am also in agreement that he will probably be off the board in the 5th, but I wouldn't spend more than a 6th or 7th on him...

That run showed more than anything that he has NOT lost a step. Ware had an angle on him and as I just mentioned had to bring him down with an illegal tackle.

That run showed more than anything that he has NOT lost a step. Ware had an angle on him and as I just mentioned had to bring him down with an illegal tackle.

He had a running head start on the entire Cowboy defense, as he was held up in the middle of the field and then took off...he started running straight ahead, Ware did a full 360 before chasing him...if by angle, you mean right behind him, then yeah...and, #42 (Henry) caught him as well, and would have had the tackle had Ware not chased him down...Again, I liked the heart, and it was a nice run, but he has clearly lost a step...Ahman, circa 2003, would have been gone...This Ahman may be a decent value pick, but, he no longer has that extra gear...

He's 30 years old.... Of course he's not as fast as he was 6 years ago? Ware is a freak, and if you can get green in the 5th I think it will be good value.

He's 30 years old.... Of course he's not as fast as he was 6 years ago? Ware is a freak, and if you can get green in the 5th I think it will be good value.

Is it because he is 30 years old or because it was 6 (actually, 2007-2003 = 4, but we'll call it six) years ago that he's not as fast...

And, any feature back in the fifth is decent value, and, as my original post said, he could be a decent pickup...but, if you watch that run, he is clearly not the explosive Ahman from years gone by...

yeah ahman green seems to have lost some quickness, but he now looks strong. if the defense can play like last night, ahman should put up good numbers.

just look at the texans run game last season, morency, luny, and dayne put up decent numbers.

later in the season when ahman gets in better shape, that wont happen again.....

ahman will have fumbled the ball well before that point....

I just watched it again like 5 times. Ahman breaks a tackle, breaks another tackle (runs through Roy Williams), cuts, ACCELERATES (that's the gear he's got left). D. Ware spins around and accelartes, as Anthony Henry accelerates and has an angle on Ahman. Ahman had already used his energy breaking two tackles and bursting away from the other defenders and running 60+ yards. AND AHMAN WASN'T ABLE TO RUN IN A STRAIGHT LINE B/C OF HENRY APPROACHING, WHICH ALLOWED HIM TO NOT RUN AWAY FROM THEM JUST ENOUGH TO ALLOW WARE'S FREAKISHLY LONG ARM TO REACH THE BACK OF HIS JERSEY. You're right he doesn't have an EXTRA gear or top end speed anymore. But, if Ware wasn't a freak of an athlete, had the help of Anthony Henry closing in on Ahman from an angle, and hadn't tackled him by diving forward and grabbing the back hole in Ahman's jersey with his freakishly long arm, Ahman would have got more yards. It was ONLY a 64 yard run.

I think this run is evidence that Ahman could produce top 10 fantasy points per game (among RBs playing at least 14 games) numbers again / just like last year.

I've got a good feeling about Green this year. He'll get his touches and may be a safety net for Scahub to throw to out of the backfield.

I've got a good feeling about Green this year. He'll get his touches and may be a safety net for Scahub to throw to out of the backfield.

owen daniels seems like the safety net