Sign in to follow this  
strako

Am I crazy for taking Maroney at #7?

Draft tomorrow and selecting #7. Most likely the first picks will be 1) LT, 2) Jackson, 3) LJ, 4) Addai, 5) Manning, 6) Gore.

This leaves me with #7. Thoughts on taking Maroiney here vs the likes of Alexander, Henry, or Rudi. Yardage/TD league. No points for receptions.

Draft tomorrow and selecting #7. Most likely the first picks will be 1) LT, 2) Jackson, 3) LJ, 4) Addai, 5) Manning, 6) Gore.

This leaves me with #7. Thoughts on taking Maroiney here vs the likes of Alexander, Henry, or Rudi. Yardage/TD league. No points for receptions.

I toke Maroney at 10 and am very excited about it, but I would not have taken him over Westbrook, Alexander, or Parker. Those backs are proven and they are overused every year. Just look at their past years stats.

I had the 7th pick today in a 12 team redraft, no PPR. I took FWP. I was really considering Maroney. He could be huge. I figured I'd be better off taking the guy who's already been huge.

according to the available players you have... I would ranked Parker, Shaun, Maroney, then Westbrook.

No you're not crazy for taking Maroney at #7. You are however if it's over Alexander.

I would agree with this. The person in my draft today took Maroney at the number 8 pick. The top 8 picks were:

1-LT

2-Jackson

3-Manning

4-LJ

5-Alexander

6-Addai

7-Gore

I would probably take Maroney over Rudi Johnson. It would be tough for me to take him over Westbrook and Parker, but that is a decision for you to make, just personal preference I guess.

Not as "safe" as some of the other options, but if you're going for the HR, there's a chance Maroney has a huge year. Safe pick, in my opinion, was Parker but I think a decent argument can be made that Maroney blows up this year and is top 3. Nothing wrong with taking a guy you like ahead of the "concensus" picks, if you like him you're not going to get him in the next round drafting from that spot, so bully for you for thinking for yourself and good luck.

I'm in the same boat as you buddy and I am actually considering taking him at 6

I'm about 60% sure I'm taking him but Shawn, Parker, and Reggie Bush are still so very tempting and its really going to be a last minute decision. The only thing I don't like about Maroney is that the Pats play some good and tough D's unlike Reggie Bush which is a cake walk compared to Lawrence.

I'm not a fan of SA this year but I'm still considering him. I told my buddy the other day how much I like Maroney and how I'm not sure if I should take him or not. I said to him, I can't handle taking someone who I don't like and then them being bad but I can handle someone taking someone who I did like but just didnt produce that year.