Sign in to follow this  
skittles

A little TE Help -- Didn't Draft One, who should I pick?

Just looking for a little input here. I made a conscious decision with a very early TE run, to pass on TE completely and go with depth, backups, and sleepers. Frankly, it worked out great.....until everyone started inexplicably taking backup TEs. Anyway, here I sit now in need of a TE, and I can either start tossing some offers out there, or go with a free pickup, since there are so many potential TEs this year. Thanks for any help. Thoughts on any of this group, and who would you go with for a week 1 start:

Desmond Clark, CHI

Marcus Pollard, SEA

Daniel Graham, DEN

Chris Baker, NYJ

Zach Miller, OAK

Visanthe Shiancoe, MIN

Marcedes Lewis, JAX

Jerramy Stevens, TB

David Martin, MIA

Robert Royal, BUF

Or any other bigtime sleepers that didn't even make this list of potential FAs. Thanks for help again, and leave me a link and I'll be glad to give you my thoughts on your issues.

Yeah, even Scaife and Johnson went.

I'm pursuing Heath Miller, who some idiot drafted as his 2 (behind Randy McMichael).

If I can't get him (and cheap) I'll likely go with Martin, mainly based upon the Trent Green/Cam Cameron connection of both of them being big Tight End guys. It may mean nothing, so we'll see. I'd go for Graham, since they paid him enough, but I'm not to confident either he OR Scheffler will see the majority of the time.

Yeah, even Scaife and Johnson went.

I'm pursuing Heath Miller, who some idiot drafted as his 2 (behind Randy McMichael).

If I can't get him (and cheap) I'll likely go with Martin, mainly based upon the Trent Green/Cam Cameron connection of both of them being big Tight End guys. It may mean nothing, so we'll see. I'd go for Graham, since they paid him enough, but I'm not to confident either he OR Scheffler will see the majority of the time.

Yeah i like david martin then, or maybe pollard. I am pretty sure Graham was brought in mainly to be a run blocking TE, and was only moved into a recieving role after Sheffler went down with an injury. Since Sheffler should be back when the season begins, i bet they there time in passing situations will now be split.