Arnaz Battle

Lelie is currently 5th on the Niners depth chart. It goes:

DJax

Battle

Jacobs

Hill

Lelie

Brandon Williams

Battle is a good guy to have on your team as a #4 or 5 WR, but I don't believe he will be a good option as a #3 guy.

Lelie is currently 5th on the Niners depth chart. It goes:

DJax

Battle

Jacobs

Hill

Lelie

Brandon Williams

Battle is a good guy to have on your team as a #4 or 5 WR, but I don't believe he will be a good option as a #3 guy.

Thanks. he does have a great matchup vs AZ this week though. If Bennett doent play I will be forced to play Battle, and it may not be the worst thing in the world..

Thanks. he does have a great matchup vs AZ this week though. If Bennett doent play I will be forced to play Battle, and it may not be the worst thing in the world..

Battle is infinitely more talented than DJax, so I wouldn't be too sad if I had to put him in as a #2 every once in a while. My guess is that he will surprise a few people this year, but I still wouldn't put him any higher than a #3 WR with occasional bye-week replacement duties. The Niners are still a year or two away from being a team that puts up enough points to make their #2 WR (should be #1 in that offense) a starting fantasy option. I think they will contend in the NFC, but I don't expect them to put up 21+ points a week either.

This week, they'll probably post over 25 points though against that terrible Cardinals D. My guess is Adrian Wilson will drift towards DJax giving Battle and Davis opportunities this week when they're not pounding it with Gore.

Actualy, Ashley Lelie is the back up to DJax. That would make him either the #3 or #4 WR on the team. With DJax and his bum knees and his lingering turf-toe, Lelie might be worth a roster spot in deep leagues.

I picked him up late- he has shown talent and with Jackson's injury history he could be a decent receiver.

I have little faith in Asley L to come up big