Sign in to follow this  
TheGambinoCrimeFamily

Can Mike Hart be another Maurice Jones Drew ?

I really like how Hart plays. And I liked even more the guarantee he gave for next week. The guy is intense.

His size doesnt concern me one bit.

I think he can be a solid NFL RB. Why not give him the rock at the goaline with that low center of gravity.

take a look at Rutger's Ray Rice if youre looking for the next unsung NFL back. Hart is going to be just another in a long line of middle of the road Michigan RBs that dont do much in the NFL, imo.

take a look at Rutger's Ray Rice if youre looking for the next unsung NFL back. Hart is going to be just another in a long line of middle of the road Michigan RBs that dont do much in the NFL, imo.

Ive seen Ray Rice.

He looks like a beast !!!!

ask MikeOck...oh wait...youre the same person. nvm

Dude, what is your problem ?

MikeOck is a friend. For the last time, we are not the same person .

Dont you have anything to contribute besides your very lame MikeOck references ????

Get a life

And I liked even more the guarantee he gave for next week. The guy is intense.

Wow, against 0-2 Notre Dame even. :thumbsdown:

I see Hart as a typical Wolverine RB. They run hard and should do decent in the NFL but won't ever be stellar just like the A-Train, Wheatley, Biakabutuka, Chris Perry, Ricky Powers, BJ Askew.

Comparing Hart to MJD is not accurate because Hart is not particularly fast. Jones-Drew's success has come because he has the same kind of game-breaking talent ascribed to backs like Reggie Bush, without the humongous media blitz (and about a half-foot less of height). Hart is an incredibly workman-like back, who despite his short stature can carry the ball 30+ times a game with ease, and grind out 5+ yards a carry each time. But he'll get caught from behind by linebackers at times, even in college.

He has several qualities that very few backs can match - he's a very smart player (for example, during UM's loss to Appalachain State last week, Hart at one point ran onto the field during a FG try because the Wolverines had only 10 men on the field - really, Hart was the only UM offensive player to show up at all in that game), he NEVER fumbles (only 3 in his entire career), and is quite possibly the best RB I have ever seen at turning 2-yard losses into 3-yard gains (just trust me). He's also a fairly solid blocker, though I don't believe he's a great pass-catching RB. His lack of speed, though, means he'll probably never be a great NFL back, simply because he'll be slower than 7 or 8 of the on-field defenders on most teams.

That having been said, I think if he finds the right situation he could be extremely productive, if paired with a more 'scatback'-type player. I wouldn't be too surprised to see a team like Carolina try to replace DeShaun Foster with somebody like Hart, who could offer the pounding run game up the middle NFL teams love, while the dynamic DeAngelo Williams looks to play 'game breaker.'

I love little Mike. He claims we will beat Notre Dame. Atleast someone on the team has a sack.

AS far as a pro RB goes we will see. I think he has a good chance. He never quits and is a quality person. Could be a average back.