Sign in to follow this  
illest

Mark Clayton's Role In Week 2

Will he resume his starting role in week 2?

Williams actually looked pretty good - so is there a chance Clayton will be the #3 again? As far as I can tell the #3 on baltimore is worthless as they are in 3 receiver sets very rarely.

I have this stiff as my WR3. Did he call Billick's wife a wh0re or something? Or was he more injured than what they were letting on?

Over-reacting a little are we? It's been one week....it looked to me like he was favoring his injury. I haven't heard any reason as to why he had such a limited role and he will definately go to my bench until I see some production. But drop him? :doublethumbsup: Do you have like one wr bench spot or something?

I have this stiff as my WR3. Did he call Billick's wife a wh0re or something? Or was he more injured than what they were letting on?

I'd really like to know as well.

Demetrius Williams did look good, and in the limited time Clayton was on the field he dropped a ball. I'm hoping he was just more hurt than they let on and will go back to being #1 option.

Desmond Mason #1

Demetrius Williams #2

Clayton #3

Ravens like Demetrius' physical talents and big body in the end zone, they will run him at the #2 slot more often than Clayton.

Desmond Mason #1

Demetrius Williams #2

Clayton #3

Ravens like Demetrius' physical talents and big body in the end zone, they will run him at the #2 slot more often than Clayton.

an nba point guard is #1? sheesh, i need to study up.

Haha, don't know why that came out Desmond Mason.

Anyway, If Derrick Mason had Desmon's athleticism maybe he'd be owned in more leagues :thumbsup:

Derrick #1

Desmond Mason #1

Demetrius Williams #2

Clayton #3

what the fuk...every single dam website depth charts and clayton atleast no.2...and then this a-hole billick changes it up on gameday without saying a word..the a$$hole was listed in the starting lineup and barely got 5 snaps

Guest _my_2_cents_
Desmond Mason #1

Demetrius Williams #2

Clayton #3

source? Depth chart still lists Clayton as #2. :thumbsdown:

C'mon now, it's been one game, and this is the Ravens passing attack we're talking about here. Not exactly the greatest show on turf. Clayton's still a better receiver than Williams, but he's trying to work through an injury.

Clayton should probably ride your bench next week - if he gets another 3 targets, then it is time to drop him to the WW. I'm sitting him for Marshall or Crayton.

C'mon now, it's been one game, and this is the Ravens passing attack we're talking about here. Not exactly the greatest show on turf. Clayton's still a better receiver than Williams, but he's trying to work through an injury.

Clayton should probably ride your bench next week - if he gets another 3 targets, then it is time to drop him to the WW. I'm sitting him for Marshall or Crayton.

Thats what I'm doing too. Starting Marshall this week and if Clayton doesn't get more snaps/looks, I guess I will drop him for Williams.

I'm sure nobody else in my league has their eye on Williams.

:thumbsdown:

You guys are the best types of owners to play with, dropping valuable contributors in favor of players with marginal value based on week 1 results, letting me pick up waiver wire gold.

Let me guess, you were on the Frisman Jackson bandwagon two years ago after week one.

Mark Clayton is the number one option in Baltimore when he's healthy. He's just not healthy right now. If you think it is good reason to drop him feel free, but to expect long-term production from the likes of Demetrius Williams is myopic at best. He may be better next week, but long-term he isn't.

I'm benching Clayton for now until we learn/see more, but certainly not dropping him...maybe if he puts up 3 or 4 weeks of WR3 goose egg type stuff, but not after 1 week when he got hurt in the preseason. Unfortunately, this means I have to start Drew Carter since it's a 16 team league :wave:

Over-reacting a little are we? It's been one week....it looked to me like he was favoring his injury. I haven't heard any reason as to why he had such a limited role and he will definately go to my bench until I see some production. But drop him? :wave: Do you have like one wr bench spot or something?

How in the world could you tell he was favoring an injury...he was barely on the field!!

I'm benching Clayton for now until we learn/see more, but certainly not dropping him...maybe if he puts up 3 or 4 weeks of WR3 goose egg type stuff, but not after 1 week when he got hurt in the preseason. Unfortunately, this means I have to start Drew Carter since it's a 16 team league :wave:

I started D. Branch and M Clayton this week as my two Wr's- i played Addai, Ronnie Brown and then Caddy as my option player either WR/RB in 14 team auction. Anyway, so you know i feel your pain. I'm more worried about Branch than I am with Clayton. Clayton was slow out of the gates last year and his high ankle sprain this pre-season certainly did not help.

I'm not the know it all but i'd like to think both D. Branch and Clayton will be two top 15-20 Wr's this year.

Hi, I also started Branch and Clayton. Did you use the Draft Buddy too? These guys were available so I snatched them up and got burned.

Holgrem said it was his fault Branch did not get any balls. Lets hope he does against Arizona.

I'm also benching Clayton for Berrian but sticking with Branch (also have Crayton byt Miami D is good).

I started D. Branch and M Clayton this week as my two Wr's- i played Addai, Ronnie Brown and then Caddy as my option player either WR/RB in 14 team auction. Anyway, so you know i feel your pain. I'm more worried about Branch than I am with Clayton. Clayton was slow out of the gates last year and his high ankle sprain this pre-season certainly did not help.

I'm not the know it all but i'd like to think both D. Branch and Clayton will be two top 15-20 Wr's this year.

I won't be dropping him unless this pattern of zeroes continues for a couple more weeks as I have a viable #4 option taking his place in my starting lineup. It's not overreacting, just trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

I'm so glad I had Vernon Davis making up for Clayton's lack of scoring this week!! Oh wait... :shocking:

I'm thinking of dropping him also. Not over-reacting just thinking I should grab Delhome to fill in for Eli Manning. My other QB choices are Garrard and Leinart, neither were really hot this week, but the potential is there, so I think I want to hold on to them. It sucks carrying four QBs when our roster is limited to 15, but what's a dude to do? :thumbsup:

I am confused....He is very talented and one of the few deep threads they Ravens had. He was still a little hurt and now everyone is throwing him under the bus. Read the following words carefully............

It is week one and the season is not over. Not everyone produces during week one and there is no need to panic. I know it hurts to lose your season opener, but there is no need to overreact.

Guest _my_2_cents_
It's not that he didn't produce. He was on the field for like 10 snaps. Either he's hurt or in the doghouse.

And since we know he's been fighting a sprained ankle, the former would seem more likely.

I think things will settle down - Clayton is better than Demitrius, regardless of the hype. Clayton earned a role as a starting WR and once his ankle is ok I expect him to resume those duties - for now I am assuming he was limited because of the ankle. Maybe Billick thought Dimitrius matched up better against the Bengals secondary. Who knows. Time will tell.

Yeah...I ended up losing 77-78, so Clayton's goose egg really stuck it to me :overhead:

How in the world could you tell he was favoring an injury...he was barely on the field!!

He was on the field for at least 10 plays. Every time they broke from the huddle, I was looking for him. They showed at least two replays of clayton running his routes and it looked to me like his cuts weren't crisp and he was generally a little slow. Also, it looked to me like he had a little limp when he was walking around or running back to the huddle.