Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Quit a league

Scenerio:

Joined a league last year..took over a terrible team that had to keep three players and three farm players. I had two total players worth keeping. I had Palmer and A. Johnson.

So I drafted Addai and Bush with my first two picks and put them on my farm team, so I couldn't use them at all last year.

Well, this year rolls around and the commish says he can't find anything from last year so we were going to start all over. So I said I was out........he ended up emailing back and said he found everything.

So, after much debating they ended doing the draft on a Tuesday, a day I said I could not make it...I emailed the commish, no response. I was open for any weekend, but we didn't do it. So, my team gets picked for me. I wasn't happy about it, but tried to trade and make my team decent. Not too mention I lost my first and second round draft choices for taking Addai and Bush. The LT, Manning, LJ and so on...lost their 18th, 19th round picks??....emailed the commish....no response.

Well, I never even got to finish my draft, I still have one pick to go....still haven't. Emailed the commish....no response.

The games were played this weekend and I didn't get credit for some points. I complained to the commish...no response.....it did get corrected though.

Then midway through this week I get an email from league saying I traded players...I deleted two trade offers before the games started......never have an open trade going on during games....emailed commish....no response. The guy that accepted the trade is a good honest owner, no problem with him.

Well......it's two weeks into the season and not one response from the commish. I want to leave this debacle of a league. I even won my game week one, so it's not sour grapes or anything like that.

Am I right to do so or should I stay in?

you should have left as soon as they decided to do the draft when you were not able to attend and the commish wouldn't respond to your emails. If its a money league I hope you can get your money back, and if not you may have to stick it out just to hopefully get some money in the end.

Yea, if it's a money league, I'd stick around just to see if I could win some greenbacks just out of spite. Of course, it depends on how bad they focked your team at the draft that you couldn't be at. If money's involved and you got a shot, jam it in their arse.

Of course, I can be a spiteful pr!ck on occassion, so a grain of salt may be in order.

I am against people who abandon their teams if they have no reason other than losing. You however will not be quitting this league, as it sounds like you have been informally kicked out. Where do I start with this one....so many things that are offensive and disrespectful towards you. The weekday draft is simply stupid, as weekend drafts are almost universally held instead. I would have bailed after not getting a response from the commish the first time and certainly would have quit if my team was drafted for me. The commish either thinks you are stupid or simply does not care about ignoring you.

You could stay in the league and corrupt it from the inside. I would quit it now and post a hateful rant on the message board. :music_guitarred:

You should quit, but only after you fock it up for everyone else.

trade away all your good players for crap. screw it up for years to come. and make sure the commish is the only guy who doesnt get the good players.

then leave. start your own league and invite everyone else besides the commish. hire strippers for the draft. :thumbsdown:

You should quit, but only after you fock it up for everyone else.

trade away all your good players for crap. screw it up for years to come. and make sure the commish is the only guy who doesnt get the good players.

then leave. start your own league and invite everyone else besides the commish. hire strippers for the draft. :rolleyes:

And Valet parking.

I like the part about losing your 1st and 2nd round picks for Addai and Bush while the LT owner only loses a 17th round pick for keeping him. Do me a favor, quit the league and make sure you send your commish a link to this thread. Hey commish, go fock yourself you cheating p.o.s. :thumbsdown: