Sign in to follow this  
theraymondbunch

I just got offered Maroney for Ronnie Brown

ppr league, standard scoring

i've always wanted to get rid of ronnie brown, but now that i finally have the chance to, i'm having second thoughts. ronnie brown is in a rbbc in miami, and it looks like that's what might be happening in NE too.

ppr league, standard scoring

i've always wanted to get rid of ronnie brown, but now that i finally have the chance to, i'm having second thoughts. ronnie brown is in a rbbc in miami, and it looks like that's what might be happening in NE too.

Quite honestly I am not a fan of either. I actually expect both to have similar numbers by season's end. Morris steals the TD's from maroney. I would offer the same trade and see if you can't make a small upgrade at WR.

I am not a fan of either as well but I would def. take maroney. Maroney will have better numbers then Brown by season end. Plus, Maroney will have some big games(next week against bills, look at henry wk 1 and w. parker this week). I would then trade him after a big game and go after a better rb. Just my opinion.

Thanks for answering mine.

i disagree with the above posts. i would rather have Brown. The Pats have always thrown the ball a lot with inferior WR's. Now they arguably have the best (or second best) receiving corp in the NFL. They are going to pass a lot more this year than in years past. I just see Maroney having a lot of games with less than 100 yards rushing and with all of the receiving weapons (from both WR's and TE)the Pats have, he is not even assured of getting TD's in the red zone. That being said, I would rather have Brown as he will pick up.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=288184

I would go with Brown also, while I have avoided him in drafts since he has been in the league he might be a more servable option after what I have seen from Maroney as of late.

The Patriots are keeping his carries below 20 to keep him fresh for their playoff run, (Billi is thinking way ahead and doesn't want to wear out his #1 RB) Billi has also made Sammy Morris the man on the goal line to keep Maroney from getting banged up. Most of Maroney's stats came in garbage time clock killing mode against a very gassed and demoralized San Diego defense.

Expect bigger numbers from Ronnie Brown with more TD touches.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=288181

I agree with the above poster, that Bel is keeping Maroney fresh for later in the season, because last year Maroney appeared to be slowing down toward the end of the year. The Pats are looking a lot like the colts from last year with their dual running attack and great airial assult.

I would stay with Brown.

See mine. I am actually wondering who I can get for Maroney, thanks

My question