Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Who's benching LJ vs San Diego?

Never thought I'd ever be doing this, but I may be starting DeShaun Foster vs. TB instead of LJ vs. SD.

Anyone else sitting LJ? For who.......

I'm thinking about playing Derrick Ward instead..

Ward hasn't been great, but he's had double digit points every week so far... I wish I could say the same for LJ.

I'm still going back and forth on whether or not to try to trade LJ this week.. I know the tough part is almost over, but I just don't know if it will even matter. I'm still 2-0-1 with LJ starting every week, so I've been able to overcome it.. But I really can't expect to do that every week. Romo/SteveSmith/RoyWilliams have been carrying me, but sooner or later they won't be able to. Hopefully by that time LJ will be rolling.

I'm sitting LJ for ...Sammy Morris! ;)

My other starter is the other LJ!

On the bench, Caddy vs. Carolina and Kevin Jones vs. rust.

I'm not overly comfortable with it though. Benching my number one pick is frightening. Still, so's the SD run D.

I'm thinking about playing Derrick Ward instead..

Ward hasn't been great, but he's had double digit points every week so far... I wish I could say the same for LJ.

I'm still going back and forth on whether or not to try to trade LJ this week.. I know the tough part is almost over, but I just don't know if it will even matter. I'm still 2-0-1 with LJ starting every week, so I've been able to overcome it.. But I really can't expect to do that every week. Romo/SteveSmith/RoyWilliams have been carrying me, but sooner or later they won't be able to. Hopefully by that time LJ will be rolling.

I'm 3-0 starting LJ, so even though I thought about trading him low, I'm holding onto him and just starting him vs. weaker defenses. My WR's have carried me too (T.O. and Randy Moss) but I'm hoping LJ gets it going. I'd be pissed if he gets going and he's on my bench. I can just see it....I start DeShaun Foster and get 80 yds while LJ snaps out of his slump with 145yds and 3 TDs!

I'm sitting LJ for ...Sammy Morris! ;)

My other starter is the other LJ!

On the bench, Caddy vs. Carolina and Kevin Jones vs. rust.

I'm not overly comfortable with it though. Benching my number one pick is frightening. Still, so's the SD run D.

I'm thinking that San Diego could be run on. It's just that everyone has been passing on them, since that is obviously their weakness. They allow a low yards per game, but maybe that's just because everyone is beating them through the air.

LJ went public with his frustrations... Pretty much called out the coaching staff. I'm curious to see what kind of effect this will have.

I wish I could decide whether or not to cut my ties with him.. I have a possible superbowl type roster - if he gets it going. If not, he would really be able to bring me down come playoff time. It's very hard to decide.

I'm 3-0 starting LJ, so even though I thought about trading him low, I'm holding onto him and just starting him vs. weaker defenses. My WR's have carried me too (T.O. and Randy Moss) but I'm hoping LJ gets it going. I'd be pissed if he gets going and he's on my bench. I can just see it....I start DeShaun Foster and get 80 yds while LJ snaps out of his slump with 145yds and 3 TDs!

But think about it.. Even if LJ busts out of his slump on your bench.. I think you would still be happy that he's not in the slump. I know I would be just looking forward to next week.

It's a tough call, I know. His upside is so tempting. You just never know when they will turn it on. The offense has shown signs of life.. Huard being able to hit Dwayne Bowe, Tony G. I'm hoping that this is a good sign...

I have a hard time thinking that he won't be able to get it going with this strech to end the fantasy season:

5 Jacksonville Jaguars (struggling this year)

6 Cincinnati Bengals (horrible defense)

7 @ Oakland Raiders (tough pass D - can be run on)

9 Green Bay Packers (Westbrook and Ward had success)

10 Denver Broncos (have been run on this year)

11 @ Indianapolis Colts (small up front, can be run on)

12 Oakland Raiders (see above)

13 Seattle Seahawks (slightly below average run D)

14 @ Denver Broncos (see above)

15 Tennessee Titans (agreesive unit, slightly above average)

16 @ Detroit Lions (horrible defense)

I'm thinking that San Diego could be run on. It's just that everyone has been passing on them, since that is obviously their weakness. They allow a low yards per game, but maybe that's just because everyone is beating them through the air.

LJ went public with his frustrations... Pretty much called out the coaching staff. I'm curious to see what kind of effect this will have.

I wish I could decide whether or not to cut my ties with him.. I have a possible superbowl type roster - if he gets it going. If not, he would really be able to bring me down come playoff time. It's very hard to decide.

He sat out practice today with a hammy. Heard it on NFL radio on Sirius.

I can't cut ties with LJ. I think he'll round into form by mid season as he claimed at the season's start. I can't stomach giving up on him after sticking through the bad start just to see him go off as I expect. Still, calling out the coaching staff often results in good numbers. That said, both KC and SD are angry with a lot to play for, SD has more heart (at least at home) and, well they're at home. I think I'm keepign LJ on the bench this week and rolling with Sammy Morris for hopefully 50 and a score. I don't see that from LJ this week.

I can't cut ties with LJ. I think he'll round into form by mid season as he claimed at the season's start. I can't stomach giving up on him after sticking through the bad start just to see him go off as I expect. Still, calling out the coaching staff often results in good numbers. That said, both KC and SD are angry with a lot to play for, SD has more heart (at least at home) and, well they're at home. I think I'm keepign LJ on the bench this week and rolling with Sammy Morris for hopefully 50 and a score. I don't see that from LJ this week.

Yeah I hear you...

One thing also from last week.

He had a 20+ yard run to the 3 yard line - called back because of holding. If they would have given him the run, he would have probably gotten the score. So he almost had about 20 more yards and a TD against Minny. So it is possible... It has to happen one of these weeks.

Footballinjuries.com says that he is fine.. Basically that it was just precautionary.

Yeah I hear you...

One thing also from last week.

He had a 20+ yard run to the 3 yard line - called back because of holding. If they would have given him the run, he would have probably gotten the score. So he almost had about 20 more yards and a TD against Minny. So it is possible... It has to happen one of these weeks.

That does make him more intriguing this week. I'm sure I'll waver all week and make a last second switch (Sammy Morris doesn't sound right in my lineup).

I tell myself that I will never bench my number one, regardless of matchup and even though LJ has performed far from a number one level, I'm having a brutal time pulling him from my lineup.

I'm sitting him for Ronnie Brown and L. Jordan

If LJ has a good game vs. SD I think that is the light at the end of the tunnel. His schedule really does open up soon. :mellow:

made it 2-1 starting him each week although that left Brown on the bench last week :shocking: and of course a loss

Guest _my_2_cents_

LJ's chances of "snapping out of it" on the road against a stout, pissed off Chargers defense are somewhat low, I'd put them at about the same as Tomlinson's were of snapping out of it at New England in week 2.

I'm going with Marion Barber over LJ. I won't trade him because getting burned while he is on the bench is one thing. Having him catch fire on another team is unacceptable.

I'm going with Marion Barber over LJ. I won't trade him because getting burned while he is on the bench is one thing. Having him catch fire on another team is unacceptable.

Yeah, I won't trade him either. Far worse to sell low and then have him tear it up later if it happens.

I'm benching him for RBrown. Probably 1 week to late to catch the train, but SD will be pissed and can control him. I will be there in person to get a REAL good look at what the heck is going on. After this week, he will be in my starting lineup every week. :pointstosky:

I have LJ as well, but sadly also have MJD and not enough respectable backups to replace both of them. I'm against trading him, but.... someone is offering me Rudi J for him, that one at least has me thinking, what do you guys think. I know RJ has a hammy injury, but it doesn't sound bad at this point.

I just don't know that I can pull the trigger on benching LJ for D. Foster, Brandon Jackson, or LenDale White. I'm not sure that any of those guys will be a better option - even with an underperforming LJ. After this week, it's 100% go with LJ regardless because of those weak defenses he'll be up against. I'm riding the LJ train for one more tough week vs. San Diego.

I'm sitting him for Ronnie Brown and L. Jordan

If LJ has a good game vs. SD I think that is the light at the end of the tunnel. His schedule really does open up soon. :thumbsup:

made it 2-1 starting him each week although that left Brown on the bench last week :rolleyes: and of course a loss

Me too. Thankfully LJ's lack of production has only cost me 1 game. Now that I bench LJ I'm sure he'll explode and Brown will come back to earth.

I'm benching him with no reservations and going with Travis Henry, L. Jordan and T. Jones in my flex.

Gotta love having that RB depth :music_guitarred: