Sign in to follow this  
miket7

Running backs on the waiver wire

Due to a combination of byes and injuries, I've been forced to the wire for a free agent back to pair with Travis Henry.

> Ron Dayne

He was my first choice, but now I see Ahman Green was upgraded from doubtful to questionable.

> Kenny Watson

Rudi is now officially out. But I'm worried about the Pats defense.

> Vernand Morency

Any chance he gets the most carries and does well?

> Chester Taylor

They say he is starting, but will he even get the bulk of the carries?

This isn't even close. Watson MIGHT out-perform Chester this week end (I'm not sure I believe it tho), but RUN and get Chester off the wire. He will split carries (probably about 50/50% the rest of the season with A D and is a great spot start against a weaker opponent. Minn has a VG O-line, and how often do you think they will actually pass the ball downfield?

My other running backs are Travis Henry, SJax, Clinton Portis and Brandon Jacobs...

So I'm not so much concerned about the coming weeks. I'm more concerned about Week 4, playing a pretty touch fantasy opponent.

I'd actually say Dayne for this week. Green played last week, too, but only lasted a quarter before his knee flared up and he had to leave the game. Atlanta's defense is less than stellar and with Houston's receiving options limited due to injury they may have to turn more to the running game.

Dayne if Green can't go. Otherwise, I think you have to go with Watson. He's not going to rack up yards against the New England D, but he could get a cheap TD or two as Carson, TJ, and Ocho-Cinco move the ball.

WR Decision Help