Sign in to follow this  
Guest _my_2_cents_

ok, I give up...a little help?

Guest _my_2_cents_

I picked up Griese. And did so with the intent of "well, I'll watch him for a couple weeks...if he looks good I'll give him a start..."

My QB is Bulger (ribs, OL sucks) and Rivers is my QB2. This week Rivers plays the Chiefs, who have the #3 pass defense. I also have LT, so starting Rivers and LT is dicey.

Griese hasn't played in a real game since before he popped his ACL. He's sounded pretty hungry in interviews, and the DET secondary is terrible. 31st in the league.

So I bench Rivers, who should be good for 12-16 pts for Griese who's Bears have a depleted defense and may have to throw all day to keep up with the Lions?

Scoring is 4 pt passing TDs, .1/.25 passing yds. 1 pt RuTD if that matters. :thumbsup:

I know, wrong board - I say it a lot. But I usually try to offer a response too, so I feel like I have some board karma built up. Help a brother out with an opinion, ok? Why should I start Rivers over Griese?

Sure, there is a little risk starting Greise because we haven't seen him play much in a Bears uniform, but he is an experienced qb that was always at least decent, IMO. The talent on the Bears offense also looks decent to me. Grossman had the opportunities down the field, he just didn't make the most of them. I think Greise will do a better job, and most importantly you throw the predictibly terrible Lions secondary in the mix and you have what should be a nice start from Griese. I would start him and feel comfortable with my decision even if it didn't work out.

Also, wrong board Fockhead!!!!

Guest _my_2_cents_
I'd start Bulger

you'd have to be high. I mean, like 11 bong hits kind of high to start Marc Bulger with broken ribs.

I am leaving the possibility open of starting him at a future date, but I am leaning towards Griese.

you'd have to be high. I mean, like 11 bong hits kind of high to start Marc Bulger with broken ribs.

I am leaving the possibility open of starting him at a future date, but I am leaning towards Griese.

You ask for help, someone gives it to you, then you mock them. Class act.

Agreed. Play nice nice 2 Cents or we're gonna dock you a penny for blatantly breaking the being a d*ck with a question on the wrong forum rule. Then you'll be "One Red Cent" :headbanger:

You aint no brother pooooosay !!!!!!

Take this question to the Help Board mr-know-it-all

Your freakin lame !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can always count on Gotti Jr. to fan the flames. ;)

Guest _my_2_cents_
I'm a pathetic loser who's only purpose here it to be an antagonistic jerk at every opportunity. No one here likes me, but that's ok - neither do my parents.

:headbanger:

I agree. Also it's a tip that apostrophe in "you're"

Guest _my_2_cents_

They didn't give me help. I asled if Griese was a better start than Rivers and they said "Bulger" - clearly not helpful in the slightest, as that wasn't an option. And I didn't "mock" them at all - just indicated that to start a QB with 2 broken ribs playing behind what appears to be the worst O-Line in the NFL, one would have to take several bongloads to the head. How that's mocking I have no idea, but the quality of that response was 100% deserving of my comment about it.

They didn't give me help. I asled if Griese was a better start than Rivers and they said "Bulger" - clearly not helpful in the slightest, as that wasn't an option.

Lighten up Francis.. and pass that bong you keep talkin' about to the left. Would go well with my morning (or should I now say afternoon) coffee.

:headbanger:

Guest _my_2_cents_
Agreed. Play nice nice 2 Cents or we're gonna dock you a penny for blatantly breaking the being a d*ck with a question on the wrong forum rule. Then you'll be "One Red Cent" :headbanger:

Like there's something wrong with taking 11 bong hits? ;)

Guest _my_2_cents_

OK I'll try bribery...here's a pic of a smokin hot NSFW chick for you all. Hopefully this is sufficient payment for your valuable opinions on why Griese would be a better start than Rivers, pass defense aside (since that was already addressed).

Thank you in advance, here is your payment:

don't click this if you are at work. If you're at home, don't click this in front of the wife, unless she's into that. In which case you're a lucky bastard.

Like there's something wrong with taking 11 bong hits?

Not if you like to waste good dope by being asleeep on the couch inside of ten minutes. :headbanger:

Guest _my_2_cents_
Not if you like to waste good dope by being asleeep on the couch inside of ten minutes. ;)

good point. :headbanger:

my_three_sons

Have you ever been laid in your entire life ?

You whine like a girl and say, "OK, I give up." "Help me"

Then, someone offers you advice, and you rip on them.

No one on here cares about your team, your WCOFF trip, your fake quotes, or your pleas for help me !!!!

Boo Hoo. Help me. I give up.

This a football board, not your knitting class.

PS: loves to fan the flames when this virgin my_three_sons posts on the board

Bribery will get you everywhere.. but we could've used a couple of ass shots.

I'd still go:

Bulger

Rivers

Griese

I know it's not what you want to hear.. But blowing chunks this season or not.. The Lambs are gonna be down big early.. without their bulldozer RB and going to have to throw all second half with the faintest glimmer of getting back into a blowout game. Holt can still score my friend.

Second option.. while looking ugly on that last pick, Rivers still threw for a few touches against the Pack, who are no worse on D than the Chiefs in any capacity. These AFC West games are always wars and I think Rivers should post respectable totals.

I know it's the Lions but Griese will be rusty in his first game since the NFL/AFL merger. I'd decidely place him in a "wait n' see" posture.

That's all I got Holmes.. now smoke 'em if you got 'em. :headbanger:

Guest _my_2_cents_
I am a mindless stalking troll who follows around members more knowledgable than myself and harasses them endlessly because it gets me the attention I never got from my mother. I so want to be loved and accepted by the really cool people at FFToday, but every time I try to talk football I sound so lame, so instead I'll just get my attention negatively by being the resident board jerk. It's a sad and pathetic existance, but hey - it's all I've got. :nono:

Wow man - I almost feel bad for you. :(

This week Rivers plays the Chiefs, who have the #3 pass defense. I also have LT, so starting Rivers and LT is dicey.

Do you think that playing HOU, CHI and MIN in the first three weeks of the season may have helped KC's pass defense ranking? Just a thought. However, if you enjoy hitting your head against the wall repeatedly, go with Griese. HTH.

Guest _my_2_cents_
Do you think that playing HOU, CHI and MIN in the first three weeks of the season may have helped KC's pass defense ranking? Just a thought. However, if you enjoy hitting your head against the wall repeatedly, go with Griese. HTH.

I did consider that - which is exactly why I am looking for more insight/deeper thoughts beyond the pass defense.

I did consider that - which is exactly why I am looking for more insight/deeper thoughts beyond the pass defense.

my deeper thoughts have me concluding your a d-bag.

you joined this site in July 07 and have almost 1700 posts ????????

why dont you try getting laid once in awhile.

your a knob !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest _my_2_cents_
I have never contributed anything to this community, likely because I've never contributed anything to this planet. I am worthless and sad, posting hate-filled spew on a football website instead of taking the time to improve myself. If only I could post something without calling people names, but this darn turrets syndrome keeps interfering. I'm really not the bad person everyone thinks I am. I just want to be loved. :nono:

I'm really just mad that I posted 20 times how much Ronnie Brown sucked, that he had no value and that _my_2_cents_ threw his money away by drafting him, and then he went out and put up the best performance of the season by a RB making me look even dumber than I already do - an amazing feat, really. :(

awwww, cheer up man - there's still hope for you.

ok, there actually isn't, but I didn't want you to cry.