Sign in to follow this  
sprewell43

What happened to Galloway yesterday?

Pretty standard for big play receivers not named Steve Smith.

Expect him to win match ups singlehandedly some weeks and lose some for you in others.

Pretty standard for big play receivers not named Steve Smith.

Expect him to win match ups singlehandedly some weeks and lose some for you in others.

Uh . . . Have you seen Steve Smith's stat lines the last 2 weeks.

Its Wrs fellas, by nature they are inconsistent. Just like was pointed out in all the lame threads where idoits beeotched about avoiding CJ b/c he was way too inconsistent. How's that worked so far?

Uh . . . Have you seen Steve Smith's stat lines the last 2 weeks.

Its Wrs fellas, by nature they are inconsistent. Just like was pointed out in all the lame threads where idoits beeotched about avoiding CJ b/c he was way too inconsistent. How's that worked so far?

What? Steve Smith's stat lines the last two weeks aren't from him being incosistant - its from David Carr taking over at QB.

Most WRs aren't inconsistant at all, that is why people are benefitting from taking CJ, Harrison, TO, ect before their #2 RB or #1 QB.

Who is debating CJ would be inconsistant? That is the dumbest arguement ever - he is in a system where he is the #1 WR with a pro bowl QB, great #2 WR, and a great running game. He is an amazing route runner with blazing speed and quickness.

What? Steve Smith's stat lines the last two weeks aren't from him being incosistant - its from David Carr taking over at QB.

Most WRs aren't inconsistant at all, that is why people are benefitting from taking CJ, Harrison, TO, ect before their #2 RB or #1 QB.

Who is debating CJ would be inconsistant? That is the dumbest arguement ever - he is in a system where he is the #1 WR with a pro bowl QB, great #2 WR, and a great running game. He is an amazing route runner with blazing speed and quickness.

CJ IS inconsistent. Until this year...which is 3 games old by the way.

But back to more important topics than CJ......meaning GALLOWAY.

Did anyone actually see the game? Maybe Carolina has good corners? I think TB has INDY next, and TB will have to throw that game. Can I expect Galloway to bounce back in a huge way?????

It got to point in their relationship where Garthia revealed he was the ghey !!! Galloway freaked and did his best to stay as far away from his BALLS as he could :D

Doesnt matter why. Wrs are inconsistent for the vary reason that they rely on more factors than anybody else to get stats. QB play is one of them. Steve Smith is no exception to the rule. To say that Wrs arent inconsistent at all is flat out wrong. And there were countless threads in the off season talking about how inconstisent CJ was and people saying they didnt understand why others were so high on him.

CJ IS inconsistent. Until this year...which is 3 games old by the way.

But back to more important topics than CJ......meaning GALLOWAY.

Did anyone actually see the game? Maybe Carolina has good corners? I think TB has INDY next, and TB will have to throw that game. Can I expect Galloway to bounce back in a huge way?????

You are an idiot. CJ has been one of the most consistent FF WRs in football for 3 of the last 4 years prior to this one. And he's off to a pretty good start this year to say the least.

As for the actual game I watched pieces of it. What happened was TB found Ike Hilliard for a few big plays, and once they got a lead the focused on the running game. But EVERY WR in the league will have games like Galloway did yesterday. So feel free to start a thread asking what happened every time.

Doesnt matter why. Wrs are inconsistent for the vary reason that they rely on more factors than anybody else to get stats. QB play is one of them. Steve Smith is no exception to the rule. To say that Wrs arent inconsistent at all is flat out wrong. And there were countless threads in the off season talking about how inconstisent CJ was and people saying they didnt understand why others were so high on him.

You are an idiot. CJ has been one of the most consistent FF WRs in football for 3 of the last 4 years prior to this one. And he's off to a pretty good start this year to say the least.

As for the actual game I watched pieces of it. What happened was TB found Ike Hilliard for a few big plays, and once they got a lead the focused on the running game. But EVERY WR in the league will have games like Galloway did yesterday. So feel free to start a thread asking what happened every time.

If you're going to try to come strong, then COME STRONG, don't COME WEAK.

Everyone knows CJ is as inconsistent as they come. Last year (06) was his most consistent year to date, and that included some nice 1/11/0TDs, 3/37/0TDs, 4/31/0TDs, 5/48/0TDs to go along with the 11/260/2TDs amd 6/190/3TDs. If that isnt inconsistent then I dont know what is.....and that was his consistent year. You want to go back to '05 and '04 -give me a break.

So sit down and shut up - oh, and get yer facts straight.

PS please forward me a list of the Jerry Rice 1 catch, 11 yards games....thanks!!

If you're going to try to come strong, then COME STRONG, don't COME WEAK.

Everyone knows CJ is as inconsistent as they come. Last year (06) was his most consistent year to date, and that included some nice 1/11/0TDs, 3/37/0TDs, 4/31/0TDs, 5/48/0TDs to go along with the 11/260/2TDs amd 6/190/3TDs. If that isnt inconsistent then I dont know what is.....and that was his consistent year. You want to go back to '05 and '04 -give me a break.

So sit down and shut up - oh, and get yer facts straight.

PS please forward me a list of the Jerry Rice 1 catch, 11 yards games....thanks!!

You are an even bigger IDIOT than I thought. Last year was CJ's most INconsistent year. The 3 years prior he was among the most consistent in the game. The STATS are all there for you to look up or you can bump the "Why is everyone so high on CJ" thread from the summer.

You are the one who doesnt have your facts straight.

Facts are that almost every WR in the league will have games like Galloway did yesterday or close to it.

The WR position by nature is an inconsistent one regarding game to game stats

And you are clearly not very bright.

Those are the facts.

You are an even bigger IDIOT than I thought. Last year was CJ's most INconsistent year. The 3 years prior he was among the most consistent in the game. The STATS are all there for you to look up or you can bump the "Why is everyone so high on CJ" thread from the summer.

Facts are that almost every WR in the league will have games like Galloway did yesterday or close to it.

Those are the facts.

:doublethumbsup:

See here

I agree wholeheartedly. A down day from a stud RB will still net you 7-10 pts, whereas a down day from a WR will net you 3-5. An awesome day from a WR could singlehandedly win you a game, but those are so few and far between, that the steadier production from RBs is more desireable. I haven't looked at data yet, but I'm certain that the mean and week-to-week variation of the scores of top tier RBs are higher than top tier WRs. It's just the nature of the position - too many factors (QB play, double teams - heck, even bad weather) that lead to down days for WR's.

Those are the facts.

Okay, we can now officially ignore this clown. Do you think we don't have access to NFL stats or something? And do you think we don't know that Plamer blew out his knee in 2004? I mean how dumb are you?

Throw in this wonderful stat line when looking for Jerry Rice's 1 for 11 game. 2 catches, 10 yards for big OCHO CINCO. He is a lower tier #1 receiver-at best.

For the other guy who "wholeheartedly agrees " -who here is arguing that WRs are more consistent than WR's? We're just debating the value of inconsistent receivers like Galloway and Chad Johnson.

Okay, we can now officially ignore this clown. Do you think we don't have access to NFL stats or something? And do you think we don't know that Plamer blew out his knee in 2004? I mean how dumb are you?

Throw in this wonderful stat line when looking for Jerry Rice's 1 for 11 game. 2 catches, 10 yards for big OCHO CINCO. He is a lower tier #1 receiver-at best.

For the other guy who "wholeheartedly agrees " -who here is arguing that WRs are more consistent than WR's? We're just debating the value of inconsistent receivers like Galloway and Chad Johnson.

Apparently you are mentally challenged so lets review a few things for you.

1. You started a thread asking what happened to Galloway yesterday AS IF he is supposed to put up stats every week. You fail to realize that ALL Wrs are prone to have games where they dont do much statistcally. Let alone a guy like Galloway who is not a top tier WR.

2. I mentioned CJ only as a reference to the fact that ALL WRs are prone to bouts of inconsistency due to the nature of the position. There was a thread from this summer where IDIOTS like you were talking about how they werent high on CJ b/c he is inconsistent. Those IDIOTS, like you, were owned when it was pointed out that CJ's crank scores(which calculates FF consistency) for the three years prior to last were among the best of any WRs in the league. In 2006, yes CJ was inconsistent but 1 year does not make him an inconsistent FF WR when he was among the BEST and MOST consistent WRs in FF for the 3 years prior.

3. As proof of your lack of basic intelligence you say that 2006 was CJ's "most consistent year to date." You say this despite the FACT that it was his most INCONSISTENT year. At this point I do question whether or not you can comprehend the stats available to everyone on NFL.com b/c your statement is one of pure stupidity and easily proven wrong by simply looking at the game logs of just 2005 and 2006.

4. You mention Jerry Rice, statistically the greatest WR of all time by a landslide, for what reason? And FYI Rice had a game in 2001 where he caught 1 ball for 7 yards. Of course 2001 Jerry Rice was not in his prime but he still finished that year with over 1100 yards and 9 TDs. Further PROOF that all WRs will have games where they dont do much.

5. Proving your stupidity even more you say CJ is a lower teir #1WR AT BEST. Never mind the fact that even in a year where he was terribly inconsistent after suffering a concussion he still finished top 5. Never mind the fact that in 03, 04, and 05 he was one of the most productive and most consistent WRs in FF. Never mind the fact that through 3 games this year he is the #1WR in PPR leagues and has scored double digits every week in just about any format.

You said dont come weak when that is all YOU have done. I dont need to come strong in this argument w/ you. Its a mismatch. You make statements that are easily refuted by a quick reference of stats and bring stuff up that doenst have anything to do w/ the argument.

You are the clown here and dont have a leg to stand on in this debate. You have presented ZERO to support any of the garbage that you're talking about. But come on, try again. I know its not right to make fun of mentally challenged people but you are amusing me. Keep it comin lil buddy. Im bout to start drinking so maybe you can actually score a point here. Not likely though.