Sign in to follow this  
enjoi525

Will Brees or Bulger Bounce Back?

Brees and Bulger Bouncing Back?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Will Drew Brees or Marc Bulger Bounce Back to make a fantasy impact this season?

• Drew Brees Will
    • Marc Bulger Will
    • Both Will
    • Neither Will

Good poll. I voted both will because they have a plethora of offensive weapons on both teams. For Bulger, it's only a matter of getting healthy.

Guest _my_2_cents_
For Bulger, it's only a matter of getting healthy.

I disagree. For Bulger it's a matter if 4 starters on the O-Line including Pace being out, possibly for the season. They just lost another in week 4, and Ingocnito is playing at about 70% from what I've read.

the whole reason Bulger isn't healthy is because of the O-Line, and how much abuse he took through 4 hard to stomach weeks of being hurried, hit, knocked down and sacked. The result is 2 broken ribs and a bad knee bruise.

Getting healthy is a very small part of fixing the Rams woes - the O-Line needs to protect whomever is behind center and also open holes for the RB. They have shown the ability to do neither to date and I am not expecting that to change in a few weeks regardless of whether Bulger's ribs heal up. He'll just be so much fodder for the LB/DL when he returns if they can't protect him.

And unfortunately at that level and in this point in the season it's almost impossible to fix an O-Line with that many holes.

I think Brees has a chance to snap out of his funk - they have a ton of weapons and a decent O-Line - so far it's been underachieving and poor playcalling to blame from what I can see.

i give Brees a 75% chance of snapping out of his funk at some point and Bulger a 10% chance of playing well again in 2007.

I disagree. For Bulger it's a matter if 4 starters on the O-Line including Pace being out, possibly for the season. They just lost another in week 4, and Ingocnito is playing at about 70% from what I've read.

the whole reason Bulger isn't healthy is because of the O-Line, and how much abuse he took through 4 hard to stomach weeks of being hurried, hit, knocked down and sacked. The result is 2 broken ribs and a bad knee bruise.

STL had o-line issues in week 2 when Bulger threw for 368 yards. Heck, Bulger finished 2nd in sacks among QBs last year and still had a stat filled season. Obviously the loss of some o-linemen this year isn't going to help, but I think Bulger is somewhat used to it and as the season goes on, the new starters should get better.

I still believe. Although I'm shocked STL let Bulger play last week with two broken ribs. :music_guitarred:

Guest _my_2_cents_
STL had o-line issues in week 2 when Bulger threw for 368 yards. Heck, Bulger finished 2nd in sacks among QBs last year and still had a stat filled season. Obviously the loss of some o-linemen this year isn't going to help, but I think Bulger is somewhat used to it and as the season goes on, the new starters should get better.

I still believe. Although I'm shocked STL let Bulger play last week with two broken ribs. :rolleyes:

Last year is a terrible comparison - he lost Pace, who was replaced effectively. This year he's lost 4 starters and a 5th in Incognito who's hampered.

The O-Line has gotten worse since week 2, and with his 368 yds Bulger had 1 TD. He had 5 trips to the red zone and it resulted in 1 TD. SF also sacked him 6 times (six!) and broke 2 ribs. Sometimes perspective helps. I'd say he sure as sh!t needs an O-Line to perform.

Then in week 3 he had 116 yds, 0 TDs and 3 Ints - how'd that whole, "he can do it without an O-Line" help him then?

Week 4s 114, 0 TD and 1 Int didn't look so hot either.

The only thing I agree with in your post is the question of why STL ran him out there. They paid him an awful lot of $ - that seems really foolish.