Sign in to follow this  
Denmar

Trade Offer

Well, I got a trade offer that intrigues me, though I think I would maybe be giving up too much, looking for opinions..maybe a possible counter offer idea.

League starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF. This is a PPR league.

I would receive:

Adrian Peterson (MIN)

Antonio Gates

Lendale White

Mike Furrey

I would give:

Larry Johnson

Marshawn Lynch

Terrell Owens

Jeremy Shockey

I give up Lynch who has been fairly consistent, but not spectacular.. LJ which has obviously been underachieving but has alot of upside and more favorable matchups coming down the road, TO has been underachieving a bit, but is still a solid play. My biggest upgrade would be at TE with Gates; AP is a bit of a gamble, but appears somewhat reasonable.. bleh definately giving up too much, I'd be crazy to do it.. I'd love AP and Gates, but thats way too steep a price.

My team is:

T Romo

J Kitna

L Johnson

M Jones-Drew

M Lynch

E Graham

T Houshmandzadeh

T Owens

M Colston

S McDonald

J Galloway

J Shockey

D Graham

His team:

J Cutler

B Favre

R Bush

A Peterson

L White

B Jacobs

M Furrey

R White

D Branch

S Smith

A Gates

R McMichael

bleh definately giving up too much, I'd be crazy to do it.. I'd love AP and Gates, but thats way too steep a price.

Why did you start this thread if you have already made up your mind?

Why did you start this thread if you have already made up your mind?

Mostly for counter offer ideas, but I'm also always open to outside thoughts as well.. though I just realized I posted this in the wrong forums.. oops.

Bad deal for you. This guy is trying to be the king of "sell high, buy low". Drop Owens and Furrey out of the deal, and it is more even.

Bad deal for you. This guy is trying to be the king of "sell high, buy low". Drop Owens and Furrey out of the deal, and it is more even.

That's a good suggestion, I may even offer him that... probably a bad idea cause I'm giving up 3 starters for 2 and I'm sure AD's leg will fall off the second I would acquire him, but it would be nice to root for a Viking.

This is a very good point and leads me to ask: was this offer made AFTER Chambers was traded to SD? This guy looks like he's trading:

*AD because his value has never been higher. Remember that this was one great game - the Vikings still have no passing game to augment AD and now opposing defences will probably stack the line and dare Minny to pass

*Gates because he may see reduced looks in the end zone (such that they are anyway, what with LT running) with Chambers and his leaping ability now there to possibly steal a couple of TDs. Again, his value may be decreasing somewhat after the trade

*White and Furrey - :dunno:

Whereas you'd be giving up:

*LJ - a proven horse whose value has NEVER BEEN LOWER. It's been pointed out many times that KC has had a killer rush defence schedule so far, so LJ's numbes should be improving as the season goes on. I am a proponent of NAn's "overwork" theory (a possible reason to trade LJ), but not to the extent where I'm giving up a proven commodity for an unknown commodity

*Owens - the #1 receiver on one of the best offences in the league, though his numbers have cooled off a little bit lately

*Shockey - don't forget about him. The Giants offence is talented and in a good rhythm right now. Shockey is undervalued at this point

*Lynch - Has nowhere to go but up

The more I look at this, the more I think this is a deal you should turn down. Even at this point LJ is, at worst, a draw with AD. The difference between Gates and Shockey isn't near the difference between Owens and the stiffs you'd be getting in return - plus, you'd be giving up another RB that plays every week?

This is a very good point and leads me to ask: was this offer made AFTER Chambers was traded to SD? This guy looks like he's trading:

*AD because his value has never been higher. Remember that this was one great game - the Vikings still have no passing game to augment AD and now opposing defences will probably stack the line and dare Minny to pass

*Gates because he may see reduced looks in the end zone (such that they are anyway, what with LT running) with Chambers and his leaping ability now there to possibly steal a couple of TDs. Again, his value may be decreasing somewhat after the trade

*White and Furrey - :blink:

Whereas you'd be giving up:

*LJ - a proven horse whose value has NEVER BEEN LOWER. It's been pointed out many times that KC has had a killer rush defence schedule so far, so LJ's numbes should be improving as the season goes on. I am a proponent of NAn's "overwork" theory (a possible reason to trade LJ), but not to the extent where I'm giving up a proven commodity for an unknown commodity

*Owens - the #1 receiver on one of the best offences in the league, though his numbers have cooled off a little bit lately

*Shockey - don't forget about him. The Giants offence is talented and in a good rhythm right now. Shockey is undervalued at this point

*Lynch - Has nowhere to go but up

The more I look at this, the more I think this is a deal you should turn down. Even at this point LJ is, at worst, a draw with AD. The difference between Gates and Shockey isn't near the difference between Owens and the stiffs you'd be getting in return - plus, you'd be giving up another RB that plays every week?

Sage advice here. Good analysis. :bandana:

Sage advice here. Good analysis. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm not doing the trade.. really I just would like AD for homer reasons, not sound FFL reasons.