Sign in to follow this  
xenophobe

Jacobs may be a game time decision

KFFL: Oct 19 New York Giants RB Brandon Jacobs (neck, ankle) participated in practice Friday, Oct. 19. He will be able to play Week 7.

I don't know if this information is more recent or not than that given by the original poster.

"RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Friday, October 19, 2007

Update: Jacobs (ankle) has been limited in practice all week and is officially listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Niners, the Giants' official site reports.

Recommendation: The Giants are very quiet about the availability of Jacobs heading towards Sunday, while backup running back Derrick Ward has been limited in practice all week as well. If you're relying on Jacobs this week, check back prior to kickoff on Sunday for the official word on his status." http://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?id=4402

So it's a 50/50 toss up. Monitor it closely if you plan on starting him.

KFFL: Oct 19 New York Giants RB Brandon Jacobs (neck, ankle) participated in practice Friday, Oct. 19. He will be able to play Week 7.

I don't know if this information is more recent or not than that given by the original poster.

Well, the report was recent (tonight), but no mention of it in the subsequent reports. So perhaps they've retracted it. I guess we'll just have to stay tuned for further updates.

Wait, for those of us who have Droughns - if Jacobs is ruled out Sunday morning, does this make Droughns a good play? All 3 were available last week and Droughns still got 90 yards and a TD. Without Jacobs, wouldnt Droughns be a decent start against SF?

NY Giants homers?

Wait, for those of us who have Droughns - if Jacobs is ruled out Sunday morning, does this make Droughns a good play? All 3 were available last week and Droughns still got 90 yards and a TD. Without Jacobs, wouldnt Droughns be a decent start against SF?

NY Giants homers?

Not a Giants homer, but it stands to reason if Jacobs is out, Droughns becomes a solid play. Ward isn't fully healthy either, and Droughns would likely get significant (as well as goal line) touches. Droughns also gets return yardage, if that counts for you.

I just added him and will play him at flex if the word is no go on Jacobs. Otherwise, it's *gulp* hello Kevin Walter! :rolleyes:

Not a Giants homer, but it stands to reason if Jacobs is out, Droughns becomes a solid play. Ward isn't fully healthy either, and Droughns would likely get significant (as well as goal line) touches. Droughns also gets return yardage, if that counts for you.

I just added him and will play him at flex if the word is no go on Jacobs. Otherwise, it's *gulp* hello Kevin Walter! :rolleyes:

Droughns' value does increase should Jacobs and/or Ward sit out. He wouldn't be a horrible play either. The gameplan would probably shift to focus more on the aerial attack, but Coughlin will run the ball regardless.