Sign in to follow this  
nadnewob

Sit Marion Barber?

Do NOT bench a RB on a home team that will blow out their opponent. Dallas will win going away. This game will NOT be close. And Barber will be a factor. Neither a Dallas fan, nor a Barber owner.

Do NOT bench a RB on a home team that will blow out their opponent. Dallas will win going away. This game will NOT be close. And Barber will be a factor. Neither a Dallas fan, nor a Barber owner.

Won't the fact that Dallas will win going away, and that Minny has a great run D mean a healthy dose of Tyson Thompson and therefore do nothing for MBIII owners except frustrate us?

Won't the fact that Dallas will win going away, and that Minny has a great run D mean a healthy dose of Tyson Thompson and therefore do nothing for MBIII owners except frustrate us?

Just keep it simple. And lets go ahead and leave names like Thompson out of it. Barber is the best RB Dallas has. Noone at this point cares if he starts or not. Julius may get shut down. Barber will NOT. Dallas is coming off a brutal loss. Theyll be focused and how shall I put this?...trying 'real hard' Sunday against Minnesota. They have an elite O, both in yardage and scoring. None of this is a newsflash. But imo, the first way to determine a solid RB matchup, is to identify who will win the game, and if possible, by how much. No matchups are ever guarantees, but even a solid run D can be scored on. Dallas lost last week because their weakness, their passing D, was exposed. MN's passing O is about as non-existent as it gets in the NFL. And one dimensional teams are not beating Dallas right now. Dont overthink this. Id expect Dallas to win this game 38-17, scoring 5 TDs. And if I could start on a RB on a team that will score 5 TDs, Id go ahead and do it.

Just keep it simple. And lets go ahead and leave names like Thompson out of it. Barber is the best RB Dallas has. Noone at this point cares if he starts or not. Julius may get shut down. Barber will NOT. Dallas is coming off a brutal loss. Theyll be focused and how shall I put this?...trying 'real hard' Sunday against Minnesota. They have an elite O, both in yardage and scoring. None of this is a newsflash. But imo, the first way to determine a solid RB matchup, is to identify who will win the game, and if possible, by how much. No matchups are ever guarantees, but even a solid run D can be scored on. Dallas lost last week because their weakness, their passing D, was exposed. MN's passing O is about as non-existent as it gets in the NFL. And one dimensional teams are not beating Dallas right now. Dont overthink this. Id expect Dallas to win this game 38-17, scoring 5 TDs. And if I could start on a RB on a team that will score 5 TDs, Id go ahead and do it.

Fair logic, and thanks for the input. I think I'll actually stick with MBIII since KJ is going against a fairly solid TB D as well, and Detroit is much more likely to just throw it 50 times.

Fair logic, and thanks for the input. I think I'll actually stick with MBIII since KJ is going against a fairly solid TB D as well, and Detroit is much more likely to just throw it 50 times.

I hope its the right call. Youll be in good shape tomorrow, and the rest of the year with him. He's going to get more and more action as the season wears on. Imo, with Jones out of the picture next year, Barber would be a top 5 lock in re-draft leagues. He's a durable, every down back with goalline skills. Not that it will help you tomorrow, but he's the most underutilized stud in the NFL, imo.

J. Jones 6 51 0 25

M. Barber 8 47 0 17

J. Jones 12 41 0 15

M. Barber 8 28 0 9

last two games havent exactly screamed MB III

I didnt like Barber going into the NE matchup because I didnt think Dallas would win the game. They got blown out, and the RBs didnt do much. Go figure. The Buffalo game was an aberration because Tony Romo was in a giving mood that night. 5 picks and a lost fumble tend to limit RB production. So, Id throw the results of those 2 games out the window regarding tomorrow's matchup.

The Vikes haven't allowed a single rushing TD this season, and their passing D is dead last so I'm sitting MBIII. But with that said I wouldn't start KJ over him. My guess is they will put up similar numbers, but MBIII has more upside since he's always a TD threat.

I didnt like Barber going into the NE matchup because I didnt think Dallas would win the game. They got blown out, and the RBs didnt do much. Go figure. The Buffalo game was an aberration because Tony Romo was in a giving mood that night. 5 picks and a lost fumble tend to limit RB production. So, Id throw the results of those 2 games out the window regarding tomorrow's matchup.

JJ did better in week 4 against the Rams as well, so thats the last 3 weeks.

The Vikes haven't allowed a single rushing TD this season, and their passing D is dead last so I'm sitting MBIII. But with that said I wouldn't start KJ over him. My guess is they will put up similar numbers, but MBIII has more upside since he's always a TD threat.

JJ did better in week 4 against the Rams as well, so thats the last 3 weeks.

Jones got a flukey TD in that game, his only 1 of the season. But it took him 13 carries to get 52 yds and he had 1 catch for 11yds. Barber got 50yds on 8 carries and had 2 catches for 22yds. He had a better game, just didnt score. The fact that Barber hasnt scored a TD in 3 straight games makes me like him that much more. He's a proven TD scorer on a high scoring team likely in a winning situation. He's due and I like his chances.

Barber has been known to catch short passes for TDs in the redzone.

i would be surprised if MBIII didn't have at least one score tomorrow. i would start MBIII over KJ without a 2nd thought. but since i have KJ and no MBIII.........i just hope KJ finds the endzone.

As an MBIII owner, I wish I had the option of starting KJ over MBIII. KJ is guaranteed to get more touches. MBIII, no matter how well he runs, is a crapshoot if he'll even get an even split with JJ.

I'm starting not only KJ but also Watson over MB3 this week. I think Dallas will be an aeriel show and even if they need a close rushing TD, there's no promise that MB3 will be in there unless its the 4th qtr.

I have a feeling Kevin Jones will go off tomorrow.... But I dont think I can sit MBIII. Thoughts?

Yea start MBIII hes always good for 8 touches and 40 yards or so. Until they pull him and put JJ in at the GL. Go with KJ you know he'll get GL work and 15-20 touches.

i still have faith that one way or the other barber takes over the load in dallas at some point this year...but i am starting lendale white over him today (damn tomlinson and his bye week).

i still have faith that one way or the other barber takes over the load in dallas at some point this year...but i am starting lendale white over him today (damn tomlinson and his bye week).

I agree, I think that may start after the bye next week. I'm assuming JJ is out of Dallas next year, so they may want to see how MBIII handles a larger workload this season before they lose the 'safety net'.