Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Dice K should NOT still be in this game

Absolutely, it plays a huge part in things. That was Duquette's problem. He raped the farm system and did not grow these kids. Within the last couple years, we have finally started to see young players contributing. Papelbon, Lester, Bucholz, Pedroia, and Ellsbury are just some of the examples of having a blend of young kids and veterans can mean to a team.

*covers ears with hands* LA LA LA LA I AM NOT LISTENING TO YOU LA LA LA LA

Well, Crisp will be dealt in the offseason and Lowrie is closer to replacing Lugo than you might think. In the meantime, the Sox might hang another banner :shocking:

Is'nt Lowrie an average at best defensive shortstop prospect? I've read that he is a more suited to 2nd base. I'm not too high on bringing Lugo back but they signed him to a 4 year 36 million dollar contract. Tough to eat that contract and no one is going to take him in a trade. I believe this will be considered a worse signing than JD Drew's when all is done. I still think Drew could bounce back next year and be a pretty productive player for a few years. If you are going to have a shortstop who can't hit then you might as well get a good fielder. Lugo is neither.

Is'nt Lowrie an average at best defensive shortstop prospect? I've read that he is a more suited to 2nd base. I'm not too high on bringing Lugo back but they signed him to a 4 year 36 million dollar contract. Tough to eat that contract and no one is going to take him in a trade. I believe this will be considered a worse signing than JD Drew's when all is done. I still think Drew could bounce back next year and be a pretty productive player for a few years. If you are going to have a shortstop who can't hit then you might as well get a good fielder. Lugo is neither.

Say what you want about Theo and the minor leagues.

He's the WORST in free agency. WORST!

Say what you want about Theo and the minor leagues.

He's the WORST in free agency. WORST!

He's made some bad decisions at Shortstop no question. I was a big Alex Gonzalez supporter and wish they had kept him. Its nice to get some offense from your shortstop but I want the best defensive shortstop i can get out there.

He's made some bad decisions at Shortstop no question. I was a big Alex Gonzalez supporter and wish they had kept him. Its nice to get some offense from your shortstop but I want the best defensive shortstop i can get out there.

Lugo can't even make contact... even when he's bunting :rolleyes:

Why was Alex Cora even on the ALCS roster? :sleep:

Well, I think that the biggest mistakes in free agency are listening to the fans. They ask for certain guys to be signed and they railroad guys out of here after a season. Ask Rentaria (Rentawreck). There is very little patience for these guys. Heck, Beckett was viewed as a bad signing by many in Boston (ed, are you going to step up here?) after last season.

I would say that Lugo is going to be starting at short and that they are going to continue to hedge their bets there. Lowrie is not a defensive wizard, but that is not always what they need. Let it play out, but be patient. The Red Sox make more good decisions than bad.

Well, I think that the biggest mistakes in free agency are listening to the fans. They ask for certain guys to be signed and they railroad guys out of here after a season. Ask Rentaria (Rentawreck). There is very little patience for these guys. Heck, Beckett was viewed as a bad signing by many in Boston (ed, are you going to step up here?) after last season.

I would say that Lugo is going to be starting at short and that they are going to continue to hedge their bets there. Lowrie is not a defensive wizard, but that is not always what they need. Let it play out, but be patient. The Red Sox make more good decisions than bad.

I loved they were getting beckett, I didn't like they were getting lowell. Then once I saw how good Hanley Ramirez was, the deal didn't seem great. I never hated the deal and I never loved it. it was one of those rare trades that worked out great for both, but even better for the Sox.

I loved they were getting beckett, I didn't like they were getting lowell. Then once I saw how good Hanley Ramirez was, the deal didn't seem great. I never hated the deal and I never loved it. it was one of those rare trades that worked out great for both, but even better for the Sox.

I had this discussion with someone. Basically I concluded that if you wanted the Hanley/Sanchez part of the deal if you were starting a franchise from scratch, and you wanted the Beckett/Lowell part of the deal if you were gearing for a championship run. This was a trade I loved at the time it happened, hated by the time Anibal Sanchez had his no-hitter, and loved again after the first couple of months of this season. Look at it this way: if the Red Sox had a chance to reverse the trade, chances are they wouldn't. Beckett has been a true ace, and the Sox need to try to re-sign Lowell.