Sign in to follow this  
ffsmack

SJax's value

I've been made an offer and I want to pull the trigger, but I'm just curious as to what others were getting for him.

If you have held onto him for this long why would you want to sell? What was the offer? I haven't been offered anything for him, but I haven't been looking to move him. I would at least give it a couple of weeks to see how he is doing before trying to sell. IMHO.

I wasn't looking to sell, but got the offer SJax for TO.

I was recently offered SJax for Housh and took it. The Ram schedule is pretty easy from here on out.

It's an interesting offer, but without knowing the rest of your roster it is hard to tell for sure. I would be inclined to keep Jackson, but that is why I haven't tried to move him. I kept him from last year and will likely do the same this year. I think he will be a consistent producer for the rest of the year if he can stay healthy. Depending on your depth at RB, I would keep a back over a wide out. IMHO.

It's an interesting offer, but without knowing the rest of your roster it is hard to tell for sure. I would be inclined to keep Jackson, but that is why I haven't tried to move him. I kept him from last year and will likely do the same this year. I think he will be a consistent producer for the rest of the year if he can stay healthy. Depending on your depth at RB, I would keep a back over a wide out. IMHO.

Well its a redraft, in a keeper I would definitely decline.

My team:

SJax/AD/Portis/MBIII/Keith

Housh/Holmes/Bowe/Curtis

We start 1 RB, 2 WR and 1 RB/WR flex. 6pts all TDs, 1pt every 10 yards + small bonuses for long TDs(40+).

I think your best bet is to keep him. I play in a flex league too and really perfer to play three RBs over three WRs. RBs get many more touches in a game and hence have more potential to score, especially a guy like SJax who catches a lot of passes out of the backfield. I'd start SJax, AD, and Portis. Housh always and Holmes, Curtis and Bowe in rotatation based on match-ups. I think that is your best bet. TO draws double coverage and sometimes gets the dropsies. I would at least wait a week, TO is on a bye so you can't use him this week anyway, and it will give you a chance to see how SJax does against the Brownies this weekend.

I just traded for Jackson as part of a big deal in a dynasty league.

I gave up Manning, Branch, Watson for Jackson, Schaub, Andre Johnson, and a first rounder (currently would be the 3rd overall pick)

My current team is now. We start QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex, K, Def.

QB

Campbell

Schaub

Rosenfels

Kolb

RB

Green

Jacobs

Jackson

Peterson (Chi)

Washington

Booker

Wolfe

Pittman

WR

Coles

Housh

Holt

Andre Johnson

V. Jackson

Hurd

B. Johnson

Baskett

Jarrett

TE

Whitten

Daniels

K

Vin

Dawson

Def

Jets

Saints

Well its a redraft, in a keeper I would definitely decline.

My team:

SJax/AD/Portis/MBIII/Keith

Housh/Holmes/Bowe/Curtis

We start 1 RB, 2 WR and 1 RB/WR flex. 6pts all TDs, 1pt every 10 yards + small bonuses for long TDs(40+).

You are stacked at RB no doubt ... that might be a worthy trade.

But I like Holmes and Housh and I can't imagine you would start a WR at the flex with those RBs meaning you sit Holmes .. but Holmes has a great upcoming schedule.

That's a tough one.

Wow yegua22, 27 man roster... your drafts must go on forever... I would definitely need to call a cab if I drank through 27 rounds of a draft. :thumbsup:

Wow yegua22, 27 man roster... your drafts must go on forever... I would definitely need to call a cab if I drank through 27 rounds of a draft. :thumbsup:

Its a 20 man roster with 2 IR spots and a PS for rookies and 2nd year players. Since its a dynasty league the drafts each year are usually only 3-4 full rounds of rookies and a very few vets.

I think your best bet is to keep him. I play in a flex league too and really perfer to play three RBs over three WRs. RBs get many more touches in a game and hence have more potential to score, especially a guy like SJax who catches a lot of passes out of the backfield. I'd start SJax, AD, and Portis. Housh always and Holmes, Curtis and Bowe in rotatation based on match-ups. I think that is your best bet. TO draws double coverage and sometimes gets the dropsies. I would at least wait a week, TO is on a bye so you can't use him this week anyway, and it will give you a chance to see how SJax does against the Brownies this weekend.

Normally I'd agree, except with the flex in my league it is 2 RBs and 2 WRs or 1 RB and 3 WRs. I will almost always play 2 RBs and with 4 good ones I certainly can afford to give one up.

Why does anyone think that StL's offense is going to get better? They have a coaching problem and an offensive line problem.

So, now this week, Bulger, SJax, Bennet and Holt will all be on the field together, and they will be playing Cleveland. Does everyone agree that if they don't perform this week they're cooked?

I would take that TO for SJax offer no matter what (well unless you really have nothing else at RB).

saw this on another forum...as an sjax owen im sick:

-- The reports that Scott Linehan might be on the hot seat might have something to do with Steven Jackson playing this week. Then again, Marc Bulger used the media to force his way back into the lineup, so who's to say the inmates aren't already running the asylum. Jackson is practicing, though he's not taking contact and observers are telling me that he's far from 100%. I expect Jackson to play only a cameo role, taking no more than 10 or 12 carries, reminding people that he'll be back after the bye. He's not a good fantasy play, but if you're counting on him, take a good look to see if you like what you see.

By Will Carroll, Special to SI.com

This is a very interesting post. I have Jackson and I feel like this is a Sell High Situation. I'm weighing a few options...one being for TO. My league is SCORING ONLY, so it's a bit different for me. I see a few factors that scare me...

- groin injuries are easily tweaked and his was a tear...if he tweaks it again, he'll be sat done for the year since the Rams are out of it already

- he wasn't doing anything before the injury and the Rams still stink, so what will change?

I'm working the phone lines today to get someone to overpay. If I can't get anything I want, I will hold for this week and hope he rolls against the Browns. I will then go back to the trading block.

If somebody offered me Housh or TO, I would take it. Both have proven they can score this year. Jackson is coming back from a significant groin tear to a sputtering offense and a team that has given up. The best offer I received was Wynn and Chambers for Jackson.

Just remember, one more little "tweak" of that hammy and Jax will be DONE for the year !!!! :pointstosky:

He who risks nothing, gains nothing. It takes a certain amount of testicular fortitude and luck to win championships.

According to Rams coach Scott Linehan, RB Steven Jackson could be limited this week in his return against the Browns. Jackson has missed the past three games with a partial tear in his groin. "It wouldn't be normal," Linehan said of Jackson's workload. "It will be modified from his normal (workload). It depends on how he feels, but it won't be every play of the game."

Per sportsline.

Welp, just hoping 70 and a TD this week :/

Just traded S. Jackson and B. Roethlisberger for J. Addai (Before I knew Addai would split carries and Jackson would play this weekend.

I just traded SJax/Leonard for TO/Rhodes (I have L Jordan) and I'm pretty satisfied with what I got, but I can see if someone wants to hold on to SJax