Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

2 ties = 1 win?

Our website shows them as 5-5-2 and a .415 winning % and will show 6-6 team as .500.

Nothing really in the rules

Our website shows them as 5-5-2 and a .415 winning % and will show 6-6 team as .500.

Yeah that's wrong.

Both of them should be @ .500

A tie is = .5 win and .5 loss. Winning percentage be damned.

2 ties = 1 win and 1 loss.

5-5-2 = 6-6

Compare this to the official NFL tie breakers to make the playoffs. This is what they do. And if you are managing an NFL fantasy football team, you might as well use the same rules.

A tie is = .5 win and .5 loss. Winning percentage be damned.

2 ties = 1 win and 1 loss.

5-5-2 = 6-6

Compare this to the official NFL tie breakers to make the playoffs. This is what they do. And if you are managing an NFL fantasy football team, you might as well use the same rules.

:rolleyes:

if it's a winning percentage then the number of wins should be divided by the number of games...

seems right to me

5/12 = .416

6/12 = .500

I think most pro sports league/teams do 'push' when it comes to ties making the 5-5-2 team actually 5/10 but then it wouldn't be a winning percentage would it.

if it's a winning percentage then the number of wins should be divided by the number of games...

seems right to me

5/12 = .416

6/12 = .500

I think most pro sports league/teams do 'push' when it comes to ties making the 5-5-2 team actually 5/10 but then it wouldn't be a winning percentage would it.

Any system that has a 5-5-2 team with the same winning percentage as a 5-7 team is simply unfair.

Obviously, a 5-5-2 team is logically ahead in the standings, ahead of a 5-7 team.

Some think one win should be weighted a little more than two ties. So something like 5-4-3 equals 6-6. 5-5-2 should be something like .472 versus 6-6 at .500. Others just stick to the easy 2 ties equal one win. Either way your league decides is ok.