Sign in to follow this  
lojogo1

NBC Flex schedule

:) What the hell is wrong with the executives at NBC. They integrate their new flex game starting week 11, supposedly to adjust the preplanned game with a better one. So they decide to go with the AWESOME matchup of Pittsburgh vs the Bungles (this was the original slated game) THUD, YUCK, BOO. THEY DECIDE TO PASS ON 9-2 INDY VS 8-3 JAGS. Both of these teams ae headed to the playoffs, and this is a huge divisional game late in the season to boot. What the hell??? I'm not a fan of either one of these teams, but I thought the purpose of the flex game was to spotlight the best game. BEWILDERING to say the least.

Please share your opinions

:) What the hell is wrong with the executives at NBC. They integrate their new flex game starting week 11, supposedly to adjust the preplanned game with a better one. So they decide to go with the AWESOME matchup of Pittsburgh vs the Bungles (this was the original slated game) THUD, YUCK, BOO. THEY DECIDE TO PASS ON 9-2 INDY VS 8-3 JAGS. Both of these teams ae headed to the playoffs, and this is a huge divisional game late in the season to boot. What the hell??? I'm not a fan of either one of these teams, but I thought the purpose of the flex game was to spotlight the best game. BEWILDERING to say the least.

Please share your opinions

NBC does *not* get to pick from all games. CBS and FOX (who also paid quite a bit of $$$) get to protect some games from "poaching" by NBC. Perhaps Indy vs. Jax is one of those protected games.

Perhaps Indy vs. Jax is one of those protected games.

It is.

And before anyone complains about next Sunday night's "dud" game of IND/BAL, keep in mind that CBS has already protected PIT/NE and FOX has protected NYG/PHI.

A lot of people complain about "bad" games being shown, without fully understanding how the flex scheduling works.

Besides, no body thought Philly-NE was going to be a good game. Pit/Cin is a good division rivalry...it should be a pretty good game, regardless of the records.

NBC does *not* get to pick from all games. CBS and FOX (who also paid quite a bit of $$$) get to protect some games from "poaching" by NBC. Perhaps Indy vs. Jax is one of those protected games.

I am not versed on how that actually plays out, but I find it very strange that they already have 2 AFC divisonal opponents playing, when they could replace that game with two more AFC divisional opponents. I don't get it

I am not versed on how that actually plays out, but I find it very strange that they already have 2 AFC divisonal opponents playing, when they could replace that game with two more AFC divisional opponents. I don't get it

Well, there's two big factors in the flex process.

1. All changes must be made 12 days before that game, to give the fans plenty of notice. Two weeks ago, Pittsburgh looked like a better team than Indy did (Pit had won two straight, and Indy had just lost two straight). That probably had a lot to do with their decision to keep Pittsburgh on Sunday night.

2. CBS and FOX can protect a certain number of games, keeping NBC from taking them. CBS chose to protect JAX/IND this week. Not sure if FOX protected a game this week or not. Here are the other games next Sunday (besides JAX/IND):

DET @ MIN

HOU @ TEN

SF @ CAR

SD @ KC

NYJ @ MIA

BUF @ WAS

SEA @ PHI

ATL @ STL

DEN @ OAK

CLE @ ARI

NYG @ CHI

TB @ NO

None of those games really look good enough to bump out PIT/CIN.

Also keep in mind that

1. Pittsburgh games draw high ratings. Always a plus for the prime time networks.

2. Fantasy players will tune in just to watch Ben, FWP, CJ, Housh, Palmer, Henry, etc.

NBC chose the best game available given all of those factors. And like I said, I expect a good game.

Indy/Jax and NYG/Chicago were the two protected games. If you can find a better one from the rest of that crap, I'd love to hear it.