Sign in to follow this  
ratbastard1

How would you rank rookie RBs with past top dogs?

LT

All Day

Bush

McFadden

Ronnie Brown

Is this the order they would have been ranked/drafted? I'm curious where McFadden would rank.

You mean, rank them as if they were all rookies coming out of the same draft class?

If thats the case, I'd say:

1. McFadden amazing since a freshman, if he stayed he would likely become the SEC's all-time leading rusher.

2. LT small school and weaker competition would hurt LT

3. Bush questions about toughness, but he appeared to have potential to revolutionize the position

4. Peterson injury concerns

5. Brown never carried a full load and was more of a workout wonder

If you are ranking them according to how they were thought of at their draft time, Bush would undoubtedly have been first. In hindsight an obvious mistake but at the time no doubt he would have been hyped first. Tomlinson was never thought of as a number one pick, teams were scared of Peterson's injury, Brown was highly thought of but not like Bush and McFadden certainly has some hype but nothing like Bush's.

1. Bush

2. McFadden

3. LT

4. Peterson

5. Brown

I don't recall where LT was in projections, but Peterson was certainly never hyped as a #1 pick because of injury concerns (as has been said). Brown went high his year, but that RB class didn't have a true standout (entering the draft) like the other four on the list.

Bush isn't $hit. He will never to be able to carry a full load all year long. He shouldn't even be on this list. Look at Addai he would be no. 3 behind LT, Peterson.

Bush isn't $hit. He will never to be able to carry a full load all year long. He shouldn't even be on this list. Look at Addai he would be no. 3 behind LT, Peterson.

Way to completely miss the point of the post :first:

1. Bush

2. McFadden

3. LT

4. Peterson

5. Brown

Sounds about right to me, could maybe switch LT and ADP. I don't remember there being heaps of hype about LT being a can't miss type prospect.

Way to completely miss the point of the post :thumbsup:

1. Bush

2. McFadden

3. LT

4. Peterson

5. Brown

Sounds about right to me, could maybe switch LT and ADP. I don't remember there being heaps of hype about LT being a can't miss type prospect.

but McFadden could be getting extra love because of what AD did this year but still I think it has to be

Bush

McFadden

AD

LT

Brown

but I dont remember that much about LT so he could go in spot 3 or 2 i guess.

If I'm understanding here, we're ranking everybody coming out as a rookie as if they were all coming out at the same time right?

Ronnie Brown doesn't even make my list to be honest, and Bush would come out at the bottom of the four left. Based purely on what I saw when each played in college and what I felt their potential would be in the NFL. I live in Texas and got to see a lot of these guys for several years:

ADP (without a doubt the most physically gifted guy I've seen recently. Big, fast, powerful and loaded with moves, tortured Texas for years. Injuries the only knock)

LT (without a doubt the most versatile back I've seen come out in a while. I knew coming out TCU he would be good, just not as good as he is)

McFadden (I see him similar to ADP but I just don't see the pure moves that ADP has)

Bush (He didn't carry USC when he was there. Dynamic yes, but a franchise back? No.)