Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Sports Illustrated, Oct. 22, 2007

Not quite as collectible as this one

http://www.chowdaheadz.com/beat-new-york-f...ex-t-shirt.html

only $14.99 REDUCED

You just posted in seven Patriot threads within the last five minutes and each one is more negative than the last. If I ever get to the point where I have as much hatred for anything in the world of sports like you do for the Pats I would look for another hobby. Seriously, I understand you don't like them but it just can't be healthy to be totally consumed by your emotions towards the Pats.

You just posted in seven Patriot threads within the last five minutes and each one is more negative than the last. If I ever get to the point where I have as much hatred for anything in the world of sports like you do for the Pats I would look for another hobby. Seriously, I understand you don't like them but it just can't be healthy to be totally consumed by your emotions towards the Pats.

Dont listen to him GFIAP, bash on.

By now most of you have heard about the guy from Tempe AZ who was denied a liquor license and drove to the SB w/ 200 rounds and an assualt rifle and wanted to "spill the blood of the innocent" as payback - well, lets hope that murf doesn't own any guns for all our sake.

Dont listen to him GFIAP, bash on.

I have no problems taking the shots from Giants Fan. He's an actual fan of the GMen and it's his time to gloat (and he's doing a good job by the way). I do find it funny taking all the barbs from fans of teams that the Pats either beat or weren't good enough to get to the Super Bowl. That's a pretty amusing dynamic. Yet, I'd much rather be in that position than being back in the old days where the Pats were 2-14 and no one wasted time taking shots at them. Fans of other teams wouldn't be obsessed with the Pats if they sucked.

Fans of other teams wouldn't be obsessed with the Pats if they sucked.

Its not just the pats, it the sox and now the celtics :thumbsdown:

Its not just the pats, it the sox and now the celtics :thumbsdown:

Hopefully we can get the Bruins some decent video equipment and we can be 4/4.

So posting an actually T-shirt for sale with 19-0 on it is a negative post?

I think it's just posting another example of NE errogance, to go along with Brady's laughing at 17pts, to go along with the trademarking of 19-0, to go with Bellicheat blatently cheating by videotaping opponents when the NFL told them not to, to go with going for it on 4th down and a mile instead of kicking a FG (we are the Pats try and stop us), to go with the numerous posts from EdJr, Redtodd and patsnsux telling us how the Pats are the best of everything. The amount of threads started patting themselves on the back or putting down Giants fans for....gasp thinking they had a chance to win. They deserve all the ribbing they are getting.

If Pats fans (not you cause you are reasonable) were as humble in winning as they were after losing this game, there wouldn't have been 90% of America going to work with a huge GIANT grin on their face the Monday after the super bowl

Fans of other teams wouldn't be obsessed with the Pats if they sucked.
So the rest of the world put up with 6 months of Pats piling it on lesser teams, their cheating humorless jerk of a coach, their "perfect" QB wondering if "there is anything more?" on 60 minutes, and their fans clogging up this board with loads of crap. They lose 1 game by 3 points and show their true colors of a bunch of frontrunners, with their coach disappearing from the field while the game is still going. And 1 week of retribution is too much for you? I'll bet if the same story was written about any other team, you would be a ecstatic as the rest of us.

I have no problems taking the shots from Giants Fan. He's an actual fan of the GMen and it's his time to gloat (and he's doing a good job by the way). I do find it funny taking all the barbs from fans of teams that the Pats either beat or weren't good enough to get to the Super Bowl. That's a pretty amusing dynamic. Yet, I'd much rather be in that position than being back in the old days where the Pats were 2-14 and no one wasted time taking shots at them. Fans of other teams wouldn't be obsessed with the Pats if they sucked.

A Cowboy fan got upset with me for the same thing yesterday. Cowboy and Pats fans must be the biggest losers on the face of the earth. They rip everyone for the whole seasons; make bold predictions about their team and when they are wrong they can't take the trash talk back. If you don't want to hear it don't pass it out, maybe you guys learned a lesson this year but I doubt it.

Trash away!

A Cowboy fan got upset with me for the same thing yesterday. Cowboy and Pats fans must be the biggest losers on the face of the earth. They rip everyone for the whole seasons; make bold predictions about their team and when they are wrong they can't take the trash talk back. If you don't want to hear it don't pass it out, maybe you guys learned a lesson this year but I doubt it.

Trash away!

Passing it out in buckets all season, they lose and....oh no big deal, we lost, no skin off my back.....any given Sunday, blah, blah. Why are you being a hater....

Pretending like the previous 6 months never happened. Where is patsnsux04 anyway?

Boys-I can take all the trash you can throw. It doesn't bother me one bit and some of it is indeed very good humor. Some of it is very well deserved and some of it is nothing more than sour grapes (although I'm sure no one would ever admit to that). Yet, it is what it is and it comes with the turf. My point is that unless it's coming from a Giants fan it's coming from the fan of a team who the Pats either beat or at the least was home watching the Pats play for the title as their season had already ended. It reminds me so much of my fellow Red Sox fans of the pre-2004 who upon another loss to the Yankees would come up with the brilliant reponse of..."the Yankees suck" as another season ended at the hands of the Evil Empire. Bitterness is never fun as a fan but it does seem to be almost medicinal for the Patriot bashers and I hope it serves them well this offseason as most of them do have one thing in common with the Patriots...there season also ended with a loss.

Boys-I can take all the trash you can throw. It doesn't bother me one bit and some of it is indeed very good humor. Some of it is very well deserved and some of it is nothing more than sour grapes (although I'm sure no one would ever admit to that). Yet, it is what it is and it comes with the turf. My point is that unless it's coming from a Giants fan it's coming from the fan of a team who the Pats either beat or at the least was home watching the Pats play for the title as their season had already ended. It reminds me so much of my fellow Red Sox fans of the pre-2004 who upon another loss to the Yankees would come up with the brilliant reponse of..."the Yankees suck" as another season ended at the hands of the Evil Empire. Bitterness is never fun as a fan but it does seem to be almost medicinal for the Patriot bashers and I hope it serves them well this offseason as most of them do have one thing in common with the Patriots...there season also ended with a loss.

But NE trash was not limited to NYG fans and was dished out indiscriminately to all fans. Your trash was not my team is better than your team but my team is the greatest of all time. History, greatest team ever, dynasty, etc. none of it happened so all fans alike can tell you how wrong you were. The NE dynasty ended in Feb 6, 2005 and was only 4 years long so get over it.

But NE trash was not limited to NYG fans and was dished out indiscriminately to all fans. Your trash was not my team is better than your team but my team is the greatest of all time. History, greatest team ever, dynasty, etc. none of it happened so all fans alike can tell you how wrong you were. The NE dynasty ended in Feb 6, 2005 and was only 4 years long so get over it.

Excactly, well put, sums it all up.

and please Boston, you are not the authority of who can talk smack on who. You don't own smack talk over a team simply because you beat them in week X, Y or Z and own smack over them even if you don't play them for another 5 years.

Can you maybe get a full explanation of smack talk rules. We can pin them and everyone can get straight and there will be a lot shorter threads and maybe speed up the board a little.

Does it really matter where the criticism is coming from? It isn't necessarily sour grapes from the fan of a team the the Patriots defeated. I am a Browns fan. Cleveland lost to New England early in the year. They stayed close enough to possibly pull off a win. But my Browns did not make the plays and the Patriots did. End of story. I am not sour over the loss. Cleveland was supposed to be one of those teams that lost 49-10. It was a good game and stepping stone as far as I'm concerned.

The problem I have is the possible cheating. I am not talking about stealing signals. I am focusing on the accusations from several teams that stated the communications via the headsets and the QB's helmet turn off during key points for visiting teams when they play in New England. That is something that is done willfully. It can change the course of a game. I read somewhere that it happened to the Browns this year. It leaked out. There was not a statement made by a coach. Even if it was true, Romeo would not allow a coach to talk to the media about it. Romeo would never put the Patriots on the hot seat and he would not allow the team to use it for an excuse for a loss. For the record, I do not believe that if it did occur when the Browns played the Patriots, that it altered the game to the point that Cleveland lost because of it. The Browns lost due to their play, or lack thereof. But it is disturbing that a team or coach possibly goes to such lengths to cheat to win.

The accusations can tarnish the accomplishments of the Patriots and the reputation of the NFL. That is why I think many people have been slinging mud so to speak. It will take away from Tom Brady's record setting year because fans will always think he cheated too, whether he did it or not. The fans will also start to disregard the previous Super Bowl victories. That is the nature of the beast.

As a Browns fan, I used to enjoy watching the success Belichek had because he was a former coach. Charlie Weiss coached our quarterback of the future. And Romeo Crennel is now our head coach. The Patriots organization has been good to Cleveland, or has roots here. But now I look at Belichek in a different light. Just the possibility that he is a major cheater will always have me wondering if the team won (which would be the case most of the time) or if cheating played a part (which could only happen at home with the communication loss). And that little doubt takes quite a bit away from the Patriots, and the NFL. That is where the hostility comes from. It is not sour grapes. At least that is how I see it.