Sign in to follow this  
Mrsteak21

National Guard to be pulled from border patrol

The state said there will be a six month gap of vulnerability at the border when feds pull National Guard troops.

State homeland security said the National Guard on the border will leave in July, six months earlier than expected. Officials said border agents won’t take over until December at the earliest, leaving more than 180 miles of border virtually unwatched.

The original plan was to have the National Guard watch the border until 6,000 new agents could be properly trained.

Border patrol officials said that won’t happen until December, but state officials said that’s not stopping the feds from pulling the plug early.

State officials said the feds are not saying what’s behind the early withdrawal of guard troops from across the country.

The state said the withdrawal leaves the New Mexico border vulnerable.

"We'll create a window where the smugglers and the cartels and the border criminals may try and take advantage of," said Tim Manning of New Mexico Homeland Security.

Homeland security said heavy patrols and new fencing in Arizona and Texas means there will be a funneling effect of immigrants and smugglers into New Mexico.

http://kob.com/article/stories/S367486.shtml?cat=0

What an f'in joke. I am fully convinced the govt wants more illegals in this country. How about a free pass for terrorists to walk right in! Oh wait I forgot we are bringing the war to them in Iraq and Afganistan while the sneak in the back door - god, anybody that knows how to play risk first protects the homeland, unless you want to lose....

No one patrolling the New Mexico border for 6 months? Great! About 2 ft of the fence that was supposed to be built is finished now? Great! Printing this story so the cartels and human trafficers can get early warning? Great!

I also wonder what the hell the need the National Guard troops for - Iraq? Iran? N. Korea? The elected reps dont do a damn thing that the voters want. Its all a bunch of lies. Man, im so sick of this crap.

I've been to New Mexico; even the illegals don't want to go there.

Um, I think people are ignoring you.

LMAO

HTH

TIA

FO

:unsure:

:thumbsup:

They sure are. That's because people are SICK of this focking whiny liberal BS. How about being grateful and PROUD to be American? We have electricity and running water 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, we have air conditioning in the summer and heating in the winter, 95.4 percent of people have a job, and anybody can walk into a grocery store at any time, and see more food in moments than Darfur has seen in the last year? I could go on and on... Oh yeah, let's not forget that the economy is so strong, it's SMOKIN'!

Parting thought for MrSteak and other Demwits, from an unlikely source:

"Stop buying the negativism you are fed everyday by the media. Shut off the TV, burn Newsweek, and use the New York Times for the bottom of your bird cage. Then start being grateful for all we have as a country. There is exponentially more good than bad. We are among the most blessed people on Earth, and should thank God several times a day, or at least be thankful and appreciative." - Jay Leno - 2007

once upon a time people cared about this, but with the crappy economy #1 this will be ignored.

It's easy. Just ban all Western Union transactions to Mexico.

This story is a ploy for McCain to swoop in and take control of a serious border issue working with Governor Bill Richardson. You all watch, this will be McCain's tough stance on illegal aliens because he will work with the State to Bla, Bla, Bla...

###### off!!! The whole lot of you corrupt and decieitful bastards.

They sure are. That's because people are SICK of this focking whiny liberal BS. How about being grateful and PROUD to be American? We have electricity and running water 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, we have air conditioning in the summer and heating in the winter, 95.4 percent of people have a job, and anybody can walk into a grocery store at any time, and see more food in moments than Darfur has seen in the last year? I could go on and on... Oh yeah, let's not forget that the economy is so strong, it's SMOKIN'!

"Stop buying the negativism you are fed everyday by the media. Shut off the TV, burn Newsweek, and use the New York Times for the bottom of your bird cage. Then start being grateful for all we have as a country. There is exponentially more good than bad. We are among the most blessed people on Earth, and should thank God several times a day, or at least be thankful and appreciative." - Jay Leno - 2007

So because this country is still great we should be fine when bad things happen that can effect our country's well being? Yeah that makes a lot of sense.... I am a very right wing conservative very far from the democrat you paint me as. You dont even know what a true conservative is. Hint: republicans want the border secure.

Hint: republicans want the border secure.

:ninja: :mad: :overhead: :overhead: :lol:

MDC why don't you just ask me for a date?

Might want to check the source of your quote; according to the website Truth or Fiction, not Leno so much.

Truth or Fiction

What an f'in joke. I am fully convinced the govt wants more illegals in this country. How about a free pass for terrorists to walk right in! Oh wait I forgot we are bringing the war to them in Iraq and Afganistan while the sneak in the back door - god, anybody that knows how to play risk first protects the homeland, unless you want to lose....

No one patrolling the New Mexico border for 6 months? Great!

Not to worry, we are "Fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah I guess your right, i was trying to be hopeful but it pretty much looks like no one really wants to take care of the problem.

Yeah I guess your right, i was trying to be hopeful but it pretty much looks like no one really wants to take care of the problem.

Some do, but not many. It is sad that almost all the Democrats and Republicans say fuck you to the American people who put them in office. It is even more sad that none of the candidates running for POTUS will do what the overwhelming majority of Americans want done on this issue.

Some do, but not many. It is sad that almost all the Democrats and Republicans say fuck you to the American people who put them in office. It is even more sad that none of the candidates running for POTUS will do what the overwhelming majority of Americans want done on this issue.

Three sincere questions:

1 - exactly what is it that the "overwhelming majority of Americans want done on this issue"?

2 - how do you know that the "majority of Americans" want this done?

3 - what constitutes a "majority"?