Sign in to follow this  
WKTSWAY

Would you give up Michael Turner in a Dynasty?

The topic says it all.

I'm in a 12 team dynasty (keep ALL players), and a team is trying to get Turner from me. I have a good team and can afford to give him up. But I obviously want to get the most value out of him.

The current offer he has sent is 2.07 rookie pick this year and his first next year for Turner.

I like his first rounder next year, as I personally don't think he will be a playoff team this coming season. My question is, would it be too much for me to ask for his 1.07 and 1st next year? Or would that insult you if you were that owner? I have 1.08 and 1.11 this year, so I thought I could trade 2 of those picks (if I get 1.07) to get into the top 3 picks (McFadden, Mandenhall, and Stewart area).

What would you want for Turner in a dynasty league?

My team:

Beck, John MIA QB

Cutler, Jay DEN QB

Edwards, Trent BUF QB

Favre, Brett GBP QB

Garrard, David JAC QB

Barber, Marion DAL RB

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB

Bush, Michael OAK RB

Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Turner, Michael ATL RB

Young, Selvin DEN RB

Engram, Bobby SEA WR

Hackett, D.J. SEA WR

Hill, Jason SFO WR

Holt, Torry STL WR

Jackson, Vincent SDC WR

Jones, Jacoby HOU WR

Jones, James GBP WR

Marshall, Brandon DEN WR

Mason, Derrick BAL WR

Walker, Mike JAC WR

Davis, Vernon SFO TE

Lee, Donald GBP TE

Scheffler, Tony DEN TE

His team:

Moore, Matt CAR QB

Rivers, Philip SDC QB

Romo, Tony DAL QB

Smith, Troy BAL QB

Alexander, Shaun SEA RB

Calhoun, Brian DET RB

Dorsey, DeDe CIN RB

Duckett, T.J. DET RB

Herron, Noah GBP RB

Johnson, Rudi CIN RB

Morris, Maurice SEA RB

Peterson, Adrian CHI RB

Pittman, Michael TBB RB

Crayton, Patrick DAL WR

Darling, Devard BAL WR

Henry, Chris CIN WR

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. CIN WR

Hurd, Sam DAL WR

Jarrett, Dwayne CAR WR

Johnson, Calvin DET WR

Northcutt, Dennis JAC WR

Stanback, Isaiah DAL WR

Urban, Jerheme ARI WR

Olsen, Greg CHI TE

Witten, Jason DAL TE

Kaeding, Nate SDC PK

Reed, Jeff PIT PK

I'd look to upgrade at WR and TE(both look weak IMO, unless Davis gets decent QB play), maybe Calvin and Olsen for Turner and Lee and a flop of either this years or next first rounders, which ever is more advantagous for you. Or Calvin and next years first. I think you need to get a decent player and a pick, draft picks may help in the future but you also need to compete now too. He should be desperate for RB, he's in trouble there. If he won't give you what you want/need, shop Turner around, maybe you'll get a good offer or the original owner will up his offer knowing someone else may get him. Turner is in a decent spot, he signed a big contract, so he'll get his carries, they will lean on the RB until they get a decent QB, plays on turf and can make big plays. I think Turner will be a top #2 back, borderline #1 this year, he seems to produce whenever he gets the chance and should get the goaline carries too (decent size). I'd ask for more then draft picks if I were you.

I think I'd go the opposite route... You have such youth at RB.... MB3 and AD, that i'd try to get some immediate value at WR/TE

Clearly trying to get CJ/Housh is probably not going to happen on a team that is clearly weak...

But i might go after Witten... Guy is still relatively young, is a beast, and one more medicore year from VD might severely retard his value...

Turner

VD

Witten

#1 Rookie pick

Given your QB situation, you may want to grab a Ryan/Brohm here with the rookie pick... Or package a trade for a big name.

He needs a RB bad so you are in a position of power. I would ask for the 1.7 this year, if he doesn't like it you still have Turner. I agree you need WR help, I would shop him around the league and get an idea what he is worth before I do anything.

"What would you want for Turner in a dynasty league?"

I traded Anquan Boldin and Michael Turner for Reggie Wayne two days ago. Opening day will begin our 18th season of our dynasty league.

I traded Anquan Boldin and Michael Turner for Reggie Wayne two days ago. Opening day will begin our 18th season of our dynasty league.

Do not do anything similar to this.

I would ask for the 1.07 and Calvin Johnson. Turner's trade value is probably going to drop once the season starts. He's going to a bad team and never shown that he can be a 20+carry back every week. With MB3, Purple Jesus, plus a wildcard like Michael Bush, you're in a position of strength at RB but weak at WR.

This in no way shows Turners true value.

Why exactly?

My starting lineup will now be:

Tom Brady

Steven Jackson

Brian Westbrook

MBIII

Reggie Wayne

Marques Colston

Brandon Marshall

Bench:

Travis Henry

Santonio Holmes

Plus I have the #1 & 2 overall draft picks. (McFadden and either Mendenhall or Stewart)

You still wouldn't pull the trigger on the deal I did?

He's going to a bad team and never shown that he can be a 20+carry back every week.

The guy has been on a team with Tomlinson since he has been in the league. I'm not a brain surgeon but I am thinking he hasn't yet had a opportunity to carry a full load yet. I may be way out of a limb with this one but that having LT around could possibly be the reason he has never shown what he can do for a full season.

Yeah, I would have took that in a heartbeat. I'll give you one stud for two all day long.

I have 1.08 and 1.11 this year, so I thought I could trade 2 of those picks (if I get 1.07) to get into the top 3 picks (McFadden, Mandenhall, and Stewart area).

I'd be very surprised if you could pull this off.

I have 1.04 in a ppr dynasty.

I have offered everything under the sun (to go with 1.04) just to move up to 1.02 or 1.03 and have been rejected every time.

They don't even want to talk.

I probably wouldn't either if I was in that top 3 this year.

I'd be very surprised if you could pull this off.

I have 1.04 in a ppr dynasty.

I have offered everything under the sun (to go with 1.04) just to move up to 1.02 or 1.03 and have been rejected every time.

They don't even want to talk.

I probably wouldn't either if I was in that top 3 this year.

There's one guy who has 1.01 and 1.02 who is shopping 1.02 to other people....but if I can't get it done, I'll have another 1st rounder either way.

The guy has been on a team with Tomlinson since he has been in the league. I'm not a brain surgeon but I am thinking he hasn't yet had a opportunity to carry a full load yet. I may be way out of a limb with this one but that having LT around could possibly be the reason he has never shown what he can do for a full season.

I didn't mention LT because I figured everyone knew that. But you're assuming that the absence of LT means he suddenly transforms into a star, and it certainly seems like that is the conventional wisdom. What I'm trying to say, and didn't do a good job of the first time, is that this is not a sure thing. Also keep in mind the new team has Jerious Norwood who is an extremely talented back as well. Atlanta could be envisioning a RBBC again this year, just subtracting Dunn and adding Turner.

well, he traded away his 1st next year so i had to go a little different route. I really wanted his 1st next year, but someone else got it.

But I did do this deal with him:

Turner and my 2nd next year (guessing 2.09-2.12)

for

Crayton, 1.07 this year, his 2nd rounder next year (guessing 2.01-2.05) and someone elses 2nd rounder next year (guessing 2.04-2.08)

I know it didn't improve my WRs a whole lot, but I think I got rid of Turner while his value was really high.

I now have 1.07, 1.08, 1.11, 2.11, and 3.11 this year which I am trying to do a 2 for 1 trade to move up with some of them right now since I'm going to have hard choices on who to drop after the rookie draft.

I don't know if I'd want Turner on my squad, he was great in SD, but I'm a firm believer in "it's all about the system" and ATL's system has blown woofers and the speakers keep falling off the milk crates. If he went somewhere else It'd be a different story, just have a feeling he isn't gonna do much.

I personally would not dump him he is going to get the bulk of the work and I would imagine the goal line work I have him in my keeper league and even though I dont have the luxeries you have I feel I am still above average at RB for the upcoming season.

First thing I did when looking at your team was think you need an upgrade at QB

Offer Turner and Both your 1's for

Romo and Housh

You have built a very strong team with tremendous depth, now basically all you can do is upgrade your starters. You really dont need your 1's this year imo so dont be afraid to move em

First thing I did when looking at your team was think you need an upgrade at QB

Offer Turner and Both your 1's for

Romo and Housh

You have built a very strong team with tremendous depth, now basically all you can do is upgrade your starters. You really dont need your 1's this year imo so dont be afraid to move em

Good advice!!

Atlanta could be envisioning a RBBC again this year, just subtracting Dunn and adding Turner.

With the amount of money they're paying Turner, i doubt they're envisioning a RBBC. I'm sure Norwood will get some carries, but Turner will be the primary back.