Sign in to follow this  
t.j

STILL looking to trade down..2 for 1, 3 for 2, etc

Although already traded my 2.03 for 3.08 and 4.05, I am still looking to trade down with the 1.10 to aquire even more picks. I am looking for a deal similar to what I did with FourTwoOh, which was two picks in rounds following the one I am trading away, and I'll give my last pick (24th rounder) in the deal so it's a 2 for 2 and Zap doesn't have a coronary. (see below)

E-mail me if interested: satori85@hotmail.com

I am willing to entertain interesting offers, I'm not stuck on the format FourTwoOh and I used to trade. All my picks are tradeable:

1.10, 3.08, 3.10, 4.03, 4.05, 5.10, 6.03, etc...

I sent it through fftoday or whatever. I'll re-send it directly to johnqpublic@s-mail from hotmail :doublethumbsup: should be there in a little bit

Read this post, please.

Those of you who participated in this league last year should recall a two for one picks trade involving t.j and friar.

I cannot "exactly" accomodate two for ones with the Yahoo freebie. That's reason #2 why I will upgrade us next season to mfl or rts. I'm fooling with a custom site as it is, and may even use it for everything next season by running some commish software.

Here's how and why a two for one isn't really a two for one in this league:

Yahoo will accept a roster with less than 25 players but not more. In a traditional two for one, the team getting 2 should have 26 picks, the team getting 1 should have 24 picks. For our purposes the teams both end up with 25 picks. The team who gets two finishes his draft in the 24th round. The team with 1 gets a pick back at the end of the draft.

Example. Say t.j and 420 are negotiating something like this:

420 gets t.j's 1.10 and gives up 2.5 and 3.8. t.j will select his 25th player (Maximum roster size) in the 24th round and be done. 420 will get his 24th player with his 25th rounder and fill out his roster with a bonus 25th rounder. This is how we did it last year.

Last year t.j moved in the other direction (giving two instead of getting two), and I considered not giving him the last pick to get 25 players (Yahoo does allow this), but he seemed a little confused by my explanation, and no one else cared by then. With my approval he filled in his roster with Marc Bulger in the 25th round. So these things can make a difference.

Technically, a 2 for 1 should be a 2 for 1, and the rosters should show 26 on one and 24 on the other. The closest we can get to that is 25 on one and 24 on the other (again, because Yahoo will not take the 26th player). However, I'm going to go with last year's decision and let the person taking 1 and giving 2 take a 25th player. If you have a problem with this, say so. It's lightly controversial, but I cannot really police the person from filling that spot in FA later, and cripes, it's pick 25.12.

I still don't agree with your sanity-lacking belief that someone who trades two for one should end up with one less player at the end of the draft, and that someone who trades one for two should end up with 26 when the league roster limit is 25. Roster limits are ALWAYS absolute. Unless you are saying this should be the case until after the draft and then the teams need to add a cut or guy to get back to 25. If so, perhaps you're right but I still don't see the logic in letting someone have 26 players at any time if the roster limit is 25. In real life this isn't a problem in the draft because the roster limit (especially in the offseason) is much higher than the number of players drafted.

Anyway, to avoid making Zap's brain explode, I'll see about including a 25th-round draft pick or somethign similar in the trade so that it's really a 2 for 2 (but with 1 that nobody cares about). Perhaps a league rule could be created to require this so that nobody ever has more draft picks than roster spots.

I would have frafted Bulger anyway with my final pick (round 21) as long as I'd known it was going to be my final pick. Besides, you didn't really give me a final-round (22nd round) fraft pick last year anyway. You chose to let people skip those who were not participating at the time the draft was winding down, letting those who were still here pick their 22nd-rounders first (ending with T-Run who had the #1 overall, at 22.4), then let me add my last guy to my roster, then let those 3 frafters who were missing in action add their last 2-3 picks whenever they returned to the forearm. http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15493

Oy vey. Here we go again. Just ignore t.j's post and understand mine. He'll go away if you ignore him. :bench:

And I would have taken Bulger if I hadn't messed up PIK's TEs by misunderstanding his list. :thumbsdown:

Oy vey.  Here we go again.

Apparently you didn't read this part:

Anyway, to avoid making Zap's brain explode, I'll see about including a 25th-round draft pick or somethign similar in the trade so that it's really a 2 for 2 (but with 1 that nobody cares about).

I try so hard to bring light and goodness to your league and this is how I am treated? :wall:

I appreciate your efforts to improve this league, and anxiously await them.

I fully understand your basic conception of "two for one" picks trades with my feeble mind, even though they are two for twos with roster limits.

I do not see the need for the additional information when I'm trying to simplify the arrangement for any concerned.

Any further correspondence on the matter by you should be referred to league counsel: CMT@tellittothehand.com... :wall:

or you can just be content with where your at and avoid those devistating draft day trades.

The only devastating draft day trade I can recall is the one where I traded my 1.03 for Ricky Williams! <_<

Although already traded my 2.03 for 3.08 and 4.05, I am still looking to trade down with the 1.10 to aquire even more picks. I am looking for a deal similar to what I did with FourTwoOh, which was two picks in rounds following the one I am trading away, and I'll give my last pick (24th rounder) in the deal so it's a 2 for 2 and Zap doesn't have a coronary. (see below)

E-mail me if interested: satori85@hotmail.com

I am willing to entertain interesting offers, I'm not stuck on the format FourTwoOh and I used to trade. All my picks are tradeable:

1.10, 3.08, 3.10, 4.03, 4.05, 5.10, 6.03, etc...

lol, that was funny, it would have been funnier if used 5446 (Sublime)

Oh and Diesel YGM (I replied)

I'm running that offer through the computer. It will take a day to calculate an answer.

I too would consider a mid-round 2 for 3.