Sign in to follow this  
art schlichter's bookie

****Official 2008 NCAA March Madness Betting Thread****

Hey guys.

Seemed like the tourney deserved a new thread.

I've had a pretty good year (98-78-1 posted), up a good chunk of change.

Looking to double up my money with a few big bets here in the NCAA late rounds.

Here's what I'm looking at for day one:

Temple +7

Purdue -2.5

Kansas State +3.5

WVU/Ariz OVER

BYU +1.5

Kent -2

Possibly add Cal St Fullerton plus points late night.

Friday I will definately be on Indiana and Miss St.

Lean Drake, Davidson, Clemson/Vnova OVER, Boise St/Lville OVER

If anyone wants to toss around some thoughts on any game, please post in here.

gl to all

:doublethumbsup:

I like all those bets too

Only bet Temple cause it's what I do though, Sparties are going to crush them though sorry :banana:

NCAAs 0-0

Thursday Card:

Temple +7 2 units LOSER

Marq -6 1.5 units WINNER

Purdue -3 2 units WINNER

Kent State -2 2 units LOSER

Waiting on lines for night games:

BYU -2 3 units LOSER

ND -6 2 units WINNER

WVU -2 2 units WINNER

WVU/Ariz OVER 2 units WINNER

Kansas State 2 units WINNER

Nobody touching UCLA? 31 is so much chalk, I wouldnt lay it but they'll probably cover

I have some action on today. Since I am just laying around!

Losers so far today:

Kentucky +6

Purdue/Baylor under 146

Winners so far today:

Kansas -22.5

UNLV +2

Still going:

Duke/Belmont under 157

Winthrop +9.5

West Virginia -2

UCLA/MssVState over 125

NIT:

Southern Illinois +6

S. Deigo +12.5 (-105)

I think that'll turn out well, I would have thrown on that too.

Sooo tempted to jump in, fock

:dunno:

Looks like youre having a good day thus far. If I were throwing right now id probably play Clemson and St Joes :dunno:

Looks like youre having a good day thus far. If I were throwing right now id probably play Clemson and St Joes :dunno:

I don't think they have scored since I posted :(

Yep looking at the those games right not, I get 5% juice all day today I like st Joe's but only getting 1 :dunno:

Yep looking at the those games right not, I get 5% juice all day today I like st Joe's but only getting 1 :dunno:

That blows. I figured they'd get at least 3 :dunno:

Good luck!!

Let's get these Swirve, glad to see you on IU and St. Joe's.

My bookie said he's getting a lot of Arkansas money, but I just can't see it.

:wall:

Only thing that worries me about the game is the potential for the Big Ten to go 4-0

Should have stopped after the early game Eric Gordon was just brutal he was getting pissed too, you could tell. Stupid IU

Good morning gentlemen!!!

It seems like Thursday was a day for the favorites and Friday was a day for the dogs. I think today is another day for the favorites.

Starting with:

Duke -4 for 2 units

NCAA 8-7

Duke -4.5 5 units LOSER

Purdue +3.5 3 units LOSER

Kansas State +5 2 units LOSER

Pitt -3 3 units LOSER

Stanford -3 3 units LOSER

UCLA -10.5 1.5 units LOSER

Washington State -2 2 units WINNER

gl to all

You guys are set with Duke

Big Ten crew or at least Hightower the incompetent fucko of a ref is doing that game lots of garbage fouls, and Duke will be shooting a ton of free throws

I like Stanford moneyline but a buddy of mine says Marquette will beat Stanford's size kind of like they beat Wisconsin's size when they beat the Badgers in Madison. My logic is that Stanford's mettle has been tested this year and playing in Anaheim has to favor Stanford slightly over Marquette.

I have Xavier beating Purdue in my brackets, but I could see that going either way. Wisconsin should beat Kansas State straight up, but the one downside of that is that it's played in Nebraska where Kansas State already upset USC.

I think Washington State is better than Notre Dame, but it wouldn't surprise me if Harongody plays a great game and tips Notre Dame to a victory.

I've got Duke winning straight up in one of my parlays. Although I listened to one of Larry Beil's yahoo experts saying how Alexander will take it to Duke. I suppose, it could happen, but that's not where my money is.

Kansas will beat UNLV probably, but I like UNLV +13 or +13.5 just because UNLV is flying under the radar right now. But Kansas has to win straight up right? I mean Kansas and UCLA are the 2 odds on favorites to win the tournament.

If I had to pick and I'm avoiding this game right now, I'd take Michigan State to beat Pittsburgh. I just think the flame has to cool down for Pittsburgh's hot play. I never believed in Pitt with Mike Cook out and the loss of Aaron Gray from last year and Krauser the year before that. Sam Young and Levon Fields have to continue to play above their heads. On the other side of the coin, Drew Neitzel is getting hot and I expect to see a big game from him.

UCLA will put Texas A&M in lockdown. Can Texas A&M score 30 points by the end of the game on UCLA? Obviously, I think UCLA is multiple levels above Texas A&M. This game I don't mind laying the lumber.

Good luck!

:cry:

<_< :doublethumbsup:

Pitt $ line (-145)

I agree with your Wisconsin moneyline pick because Bo Ryan can out coach the KState any day of the week. Also, we've seen teams that should've lost to K-State like Nebraska that found out how to defend against Beasely. Some say there is no defense for Beasley but many teams try to double and triple team him in certain situations. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Wisconsin has Butch or Landry shooting more often early in the game just trying to draw the quick fouls on Beasley. If he has 2 fouls on him early, he'll be sitting out for awhile. And K-State can't do anything without him.

Your Pittsburgh pick is probably good, it's just that I can't justify it my mind yet. I'm lacking a strong feeling on that game, maybe I'll tail you on that one. Looks like you're making some half way decent picks. I'm sure I'll be looking to parlay something if one of my teams falls early.

I agree with your Wisconsin moneyline pick because Bo Ryan can out coach the KState any day of the week. Also, we've seen teams that should've lost to K-State like Nebraska that found out how to defend against Beasely. Some say there is no defense for Beasley but many teams try to double and triple team him in certain situations. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Wisconsin has Butch or Landry shooting more often early in the game just trying to draw the quick fouls on Beasley. If he has 2 fouls on him early, he'll be sitting out for awhile. And K-State can't do anything without him.

Your Pittsburgh pick is probably good, it's just that I can't justify it my mind yet. I'm lacking a strong feeling on that game, maybe I'll tail you on that one. Looks like you're making some half way decent picks. I'm sure I'll be looking to parlay something if one of my teams falls early.

90% of action is on Pitt to win the game, I only hedging my Spartans as I always do, cause if they lose and I lose money on them I want to kill someone.

I looks like Duke is gonna be a loser...maybe another day of dogs. I prefer rooting for dogs anyways.

adding:

Notre Dame +2

90% of action is on Pitt to win the game, I only hedging my Spartans as I always do, cause if they lose and I lose money on them I want to kill someone.

Ah, I see. It's a bit of psychological medicine. When you collect money from the bet it equalizes the effect that your team put on you from losing. So, even though you might not believe in Pittsburgh, you put money on them to keep society safe from possibly being on the wrong end of another Charles Manson type scenerio.

I just lost my parlay with Duke, so I placed another one, but I avoided Pittsburgh. Let's hope Wisconsin can get it right.

Ah, I see. It's a bit of psychological medicine. When you collect money from the bet it equalizes the effect that your team put on you from losing. So, even though you might not believe in Pittsburgh, you put money on them to keep society safe from possibly being on the wrong end of another Charles Manson type scenerio.

I just lost my parlay with Duke, so I placed another one, but I avoided Pittsburgh. Let's hope Wisconsin can get it right.

Well it does not equalize but yeah I get to buy a few more beers tonight at the bar if Pitt wins

ADDING:

Washington State -2 2 units

K State +5 2 units

I knew Washington State was the superior team, but couldn't pull the trigger on that one. Good call on Washington State.

Anyone see Butler winning straight up tomorrow?