34. Marcus Henry

35. Lex Hilliard

36. Mario Urrutia

37. Dexter Jackson

38. Marcus Monk

39. Pierre Garcon

40. Jacob Tamme

4wr and ppr makes it a little skewed but oh well...hope it helps someone

No offense, and thanks for posting, but some of the people in your league are lacking some serious knowledge about fantasy football.

No offense, and thanks for posting, but some of the people in your league are lacking some serious knowledge about fantasy football.

+1 This is of little help to me. 6 WRs in the top 10?? :headbanger:

hmmm.....thats odd...i only count 5.....guess u guys "lack" the knowledge to read a whole post....i think some where in there i put that it was a little skewed because of starting 4 wr and ppr.....but thanks for not letting me down.....i knew that even with a note on on my original post that these would be the kind of responses i would get. thanks so much guys for letting me know about my league....its only been going for 7 years.....im gonna jump ship as soon as i can find another one where rbs are the first 25 players taken then i'll be in a top notch league.

It might change it a little bit but it's still a 10 man league and it's not like RBs don't get a PPR. Whether you think there were some stupid picks or not I don't think any other rookie draft is going to look like that.

hmmm.....thats odd...i only count 5.....guess u guys "lack" the knowledge to read a whole post....i think some where in there i put that it was a little skewed because of starting 4 wr and ppr.....but thanks for not letting me down.....i knew that even with a note on on my original post that these would be the kind of responses i would get. thanks so much guys for letting me know about my league....its only been going for 7 years.....im gonna jump ship as soon as i can find another one where rbs are the first 25 players taken then i'll be in a top notch league.

I think its refeshing to see a little different variation - although maybe not helpful to the masses - and obviously line-up requiremnets are going to affect the draft. So I agree people shoudl consider the facts before bashing.

Most leagues are going to see RBs fly off the board first as its the nature of the beast, especially guven WRs generally take alot more time to develop.

I have the 1.8 in an upcoming draft and I would love to land Smith there, but its not going to happen.

It might change it a little bit but it's still a 10 man league and it's not like RBs don't get a PPR. Whether you think there were some stupid picks or not I don't think any other rookie draft is going to look like that.

Its the start 4 WRs that aeffects the draft more than the ppr in my opinion.

Just posting to get some comments and help some others

35 player rosters......40 during the offseason

ppr

1 qb 2rb 4 wr 1 te 3 idp ( starters)

10 teams

round 1

1. mcfadden

2. stewart

3. mendenhall

4. felix jones

5. Limas Sweed

6. James Hardy

7. Jerome Simpson

8. Kevin Smith

9. Devin Thomas

10. Desean Jackson

You've got a point, but try giving the guy a bit of break for a typo perhaps. Guys forget that each league is different and PPR makes pass catching backs and possession WR into more than what they are normally. In my mind, I'm surprised by a couple of things here. First, I can't justify Felix Jones as highly as he went in this draft. Guy is gonna get maybe 5-10 touches a game I'm figuring. I have Kevin Smith and Matt Forte both higher on my list simply because both have a good shot of being the starter, and both have 3 down skills. I personally am hoping that mine somewhat similar. I'd love to see either Smith or Forte drop to me at the #10 pick and maybe still get a shot at a WR at the 14th pick, or vice versa. FWIW, I found your draft results useful. At this point of the season, any "real' draft is useful. I think somebody went too high on Jerome Simpson, much like the Bengals did. But you also have to give them some credit for being pretty good at identifying WR talent.

Thanks OP, I think it is great to see actual drafts.

I for one know the names of the WRs in that list and can remove them along with the other positions to create the RB drafted order if need be.

:overhead:

I have the 1.8 in an upcoming draft and I would love to land Smith there, but its not going to happen.

I dont think you'll get Smith either unless something really odd happens. If you're league goes like mine did then you might see Chris Johnson at pick 8.

Alot of people are down on him because of where he went and they like to compare him to RB Chris Henry (Combine Phenom). This kid can play though and if the Titans use him like R.Bush as a good compliment to Lenwhale then he could be sneaky good right out of the gates.

My bad. FIVE. I don't lack anything other than the dersire to read rubbish like this^^^. I didn't bash. I just said it's not helping ME.

If you had put your disclaimer at the beginning, then you wouldn't be getting these responses. Instead you inexplicably put it at the end, after everyone has already begun reading the draft list and realized that WRs comprise half the first round.

I think 95% of all rookie drafts will fall like this....

1. McFadden/Stewart

2. Stewart/McFadden

3. Mendenhall

4. Forte

5. K.Smith

I highly doubt Forte finds his way past #5 or 6 in any league.

:banana: Sorry guys i should have put my "disclaimer" at the beginning of the post

lol, i guess its too much to ask to actually read a whole post, i bet this is the same type of guy who interupts you while talking to get his opinion in.

Back to the post, it actually helps me, wr's are at a premium in our league too and while i think sweed was taken to early everything else looks good, some teams drafting may not need rbs and be short at wr thats why there drafted early :ninja:

round 1

1. mcfadden

2. stewart

3. mendenhall

4. felix jones

5. Limas Sweed

6. James Hardy

7. Jerome Simpson

8. Kevin Smith

9. Devin Thomas

10. Desean Jackson

I don't like the Felix Jones pick. I think he should drop to the 2nd round or later in the first. Matt Forte or Kevin Smith should be picked over him. Benson and Tatum both suck. It's Barber, he won't lose his job to Jones. They'll split but Barber will stay starter. Jerome Simpson over Thomas, Jackson and Avery is a pretty bad pick. Yeah, Chris Henry, Tab Perry, and whoever else is gone and Ocho Cinco is being an asshat, but he won't be starting across from Whosurmama anytime soon.

Round 2

11. Chris Johnson

12. Donnie Avery

13. Andre Caldwell

14. Matt Forte

15. Jacob Hester

16. Malcolm Kelly

17. Jamaal Charles

18. Early Doucet

19. Ray Rice

20. Earl Bennett

Caldwell? Are you serious? That high and early? I'd take Eddie Royal, Malcolm Kelly, and Early Doucet first. Matt Forte is a steal. The Hester and Rice picks should've dropped, but I understand if those teams had LT2 and McGahee. Charles definitely shouldn't have gone that high, he has both LJ and Smith in front of him and they'll be doing too good with the improved offensive line. Ryan Torain should've gone higher than all three of those RBs in my opinion.

Round 3

21. Eddie Royal

22. Ryan Toraine

23. Steve Slaton

24. Matt Ryan

25. Jalen Parmele

26. Marcus Thomas

27. Fred Davis

28. Jordy Nelson

29. Justin Forsett

30. John Carlson

Carlson and Davis before Keller? Davis is behind Cooley he won't be a starter. Carlson can't catch. How did Ryan drop so far? Hart should've gone before Forsett. Hart will at least be in competition to be second string. Parmele shouldn't be picked at all in my opinion. I don't understand how Royal dropped when other WRs with worse looking futures were picked way higher. Why would anyone pick Marcus Thomas when there is Jacob Hester and Darren Sproles? Forsett, Thomas and Parmele will be on the weekly inactives list.

Round 4

31. Mario Manningham

32. Keith Rivers

33. Mike Hart

34. Marcus Henry

35. Lex Hilliard

36. Mario Urrutia

37. Dexter Jackson

38. Marcus Monk

39. Pierre Garcon

40. Jacob Tamme

Dustin Keller didn't get picked at all? Pick him up right now. This is an IDP league? The only defensive player picked is Rivers? WTH? Who would pick Hilliard and Urrutia??????????? Manningham is a steal. Tamme over Keller?

This draft is horrible in my opinion.

This league reminds me of an IDP league I'm in where the defensive players are basically worthless in the point scoring and don't have much value.

I think 95% of all rookie drafts will fall like this....

1. McFadden/Stewart

2. Stewart/McFadden

3. Mendenhall

4. Forte

5. K.Smith

I highly doubt Forte finds his way past #5 or 6 in any league.

I think you might be right. I traded up to get the 5th pick and took Kevin Smith over Forte but I think the two are very close. (there was an IDP pick at 4) The tipping point for me was that Smith will not have to achieve much to be named the starter. The Bears may be down on Benson but they are still paying him a hell of a lot of money. I don't think he will just drop off the face of the earth in favor of the rookie. At worst Benson will fall back to the load share that he had with Thomas Jones a few years ago which was about 60/40 to 70/30ish. Some where in that range. And despite the better talent, I am not sure why folks are taking Mendenhall over either of these guys. I can't think of a worse situation for him fantasy wise. The best you can hope for is a 50/50 split between FWP and Mendenhall. And that really isn't worth cracking your line-up to make room for him on Sunday.

I think you might be right. I traded up to get the 5th pick and took Kevin Smith over Forte but I think the two are very close. (there was an IDP pick at 4) The tipping point for me was that Smith will not have to achieve much to be named the starter. The Bears may be down on Benson but they are still paying him a hell of a lot of money. I don't think he will just drop off the face of the earth in favor of the rookie. At worst Benson will fall back to the load share that he had with Thomas Jones a few years ago which was about 60/40 to 70/30ish. Some where in that range. And despite the better talent, I am not sure why folks are taking Mendenhall over either of these guys. I can't think of a worse situation for him fantasy wise. The best you can hope for is a 50/50 split between FWP and Mendenhall. And that really isn't worth cracking your line-up to make room for him on Sunday.

People are taking Mendenhall before them because we are talking Dynasty. When the Steelers took him in rd 1 that pretty much spells the end for FWP. Parker will still be the #1 this year but next year I expect he will be on a different team or in an all-out battle for the starting gig.

The guys like K.Smith and M.Forte are in better situations now but in a dynasty you go talent over situation in almost all cases. Look at last year, Chris Henry and Brandon Jackson looked to be in great situations too. How'd that pan out?

People are taking Mendenhall before them because we are talking Dynasty. When the Steelers took him in rd 1 that pretty much spells the end for FWP. Parker will still be the #1 this year but next year I expect he will be on a different team or in an all-out battle for the starting gig.

The guys like K.Smith and M.Forte are in better situations now but in a dynasty you go talent over situation in almost all cases. Look at last year, Chris Henry and Brandon Jackson looked to be in great situations too. How'd that pan out?

Thanks but I am pretty familiar with the dynasty concept. But this isn't a situation, like APAD and Chester Taylor, where the rookie is going to come in and blow the doors off the incumbent. FWP is signed to a very manageable contract for two more years. The Steelers wanted to add to the RB stable but probably didn't have Mendenhall in their sights thinking he would be gone. When he fell to them, they took him because he was the best value on a short list of needs. There is no point in carrying a #3 or 4 salary for 3 years before it starts to pay dividends. That is the kind of crap that gets you in cap trouble.

Thanks but I am pretty familiar with the dynasty concept. But this isn't a situation, like APAD and Chester Taylor, where the rookie is going to come in and blow the doors off the incumbent. FWP is signed to a very manageable contract for two more years. The Steelers wanted to add to the RB stable but probably didn't have Mendenhall in their sights thinking he would be gone. When he fell to them, they took him because he was the best value on a short list of needs. There is no point in carrying a #3 or 4 salary for 3 years before it starts to pay dividends. That is the kind of crap that gets you in cap trouble.

Ahh...salary cap, that does make a difference. I still would take Mendenhall over Smith or Forte. I think he takes FWP's job in 09 if not sooner. I like J. Stewart most of all and thats who I took in my dynasty draft at pick 2. I can definately see why someone would take Smith or Forte over Mendenhall but I would'nt.

Ahh...salary cap, that does make a difference.

Well, if you are not playing with a salary cap and contracts, you're not playing dynasty. Without those components, it's just some variation of keeper.

Well, if you are not playing with a salary cap and contracts, you're not playing dynasty. Without those components, it's just some variation of keeper.

Right, well thanks for straitening me out on that. I was under the impresion that there was more than one way to play FF but obviously I was wrong.

:wall:

And BTW.... I've played with salary and contract years, it's really not a big difference if you know what you are doing.