Sign in to follow this  
Mark DiBlasi

Custom Draft Order Question

My league uses a version of the snake draft order. It is this:

• Random draw for round 1, round 2 is reverse of round 1.

• Random draw again for round 3, round 4 is reverse of round 3.

• Repeat

My question is this - I used the custom draft feature to manually go in and alter each and every round (as the draft buddy automatically takes the team order, then snakes that for the remainder of the draft). Now that I've done this, can I "lock" the draft order down to prevent accidental changes?

If I can't "lock" it down, what is the best way to quickly, on the fly on draft day, fix draft order issues?

Thanks!

Mark DiBlasi

Hey Mark. If you click on any of the team/owner names under the Original Draft Pick Owner column on the draft input tab, then I think you'll notice there are no formulas there. Once you input a custom order using the drop-downs, then the formulas go away. That is about as locked down as you can get. The only other thing you need to remember is this:

*IMPORTANT*

When you run the Setup Draft Buddy again for this league, make sure you uncheck the Clear Keepers and Draft Picks option first. This is a small checkbox right beside the setup button on the setup tab in Buddy. This way Draft Buddy will keep your draft order that you put in, and not adjust it when it pulls over updated cheatsheets from the Compiler.

*IMPORTANT*

When you run the Setup Draft Buddy again for this league, make sure you uncheck the Clear Keepers and Draft Picks option first. This is a small checkbox right beside the setup button on the setup tab in Buddy. This way Draft Buddy will keep your draft order that you put in, and not adjust it when it pulls over updated cheatsheets from the Compiler.

Mike,

I just want to make sure I understand you - do you mean when I run the setup draft buddy this year, or if I use this again next year?

I'm confused by you "when you run the setup draft buddy again" statement.

Mark DiBlasi

Yes, I mean this year. If you update the cheatsheets in the Compiler, then they do not automatically get updated in Buddy as they are separate files. Say this Thursday when we do our next projection update, you open the Compiler and hit Update Projections. The cheatsheets will have changed. If you want those cheatsheets to now be the cheatsheets you have in Buddy for that league, then you need to open that Buddy file, and run Setup Draft Buddy again. Just make sure you uncheck the "Clear Keepers..." option beforehand so you don't lose any keepers, draft pick trades, custom order, you put in Buddy previously.

Yes, I mean this year. If you update the cheatsheets in the Compiler, then they do not automatically get updated in Buddy as they are separate files. Say this Thursday when we do our next projection update, you open the Compiler and hit Update Projections. The cheatsheets will have changed. If you want those cheatsheets to now be the cheatsheets you have in Buddy for that league, then you need to open that Buddy file, and run Setup Draft Buddy again. Just make sure you uncheck the "Clear Keepers..." option beforehand so you don't lose any keepers, draft pick trades, custom order, you put in Buddy previously.

Mike,

Ah - Makes perfect sense now. I'm glad you clarified that. I'll do that setup just before my draft, to make sure that the cheatsheet files are completely updated.

Mark