Sign in to follow this  
BoSox

Rudi

injury limited him to elevan games in '07. Weeks 1-3, 5 and 8-14.

One of those games (week 3) he sustained injury: "On Sept. 23 at Seattle, held to nine yards on 17 attempts, his lowest rushing total as a starter, but had a career-long 33-yard reception ... Sidelined late in third quarter at Seattle with hamstring injury and did not return "

Everyone is writing this guy off. A 29 yr old power runner who had a hamstring injury that eventually ended his season after week 14.

One of those games (week 3) he sustained injury: "On Sept. 23 at Seattle, held to nine yards on 17 attempts, his lowest rushing total as a starter, but had a career-long 33-yard reception ... Sidelined late in third quarter at Seattle with hamstring injury and did not return "

Everyone is writing this guy off. A 29 yr old power runner who had a hamstring injury that eventually ended his season after week 14.

i think his hammy is flaring up again???? not sure though.

He could be a sleeper this year as most people have given up on him. This is his first big time injury so I'm not sure why he's dropped so much in people's eyes.

Per Rotowire

Johnson (hamstring) sat out practice again on Thursday (7 Aug), lessening the likelihood that he'll be able to play in the preseason opener against the Packers, Bengals.com reports.

Perry has been getting a lot of reps in training camp with Rudi Johnson out, and quite often in the Bengals' new two tight end formations, the Bengals' official site reports.

Rudi may very well be a sleeper, but there is still uncertainty IMO with Cincy's running game. Keep an eye on this before you jump to quick. That said, I'd say you may very well be right; I'll be watching.

Hes going mid 5th round in most drafts...

before last season he had around 1400 yards and 12 tds, 3 years straight...

Hes going mid 5th round in most drafts...

before last season he had around 1400 yards and 12 tds, 3 years straight...

In those years he had a 4.0 ypc average and was only getting those yards bc he kept getting the rock to pound behind a decent oline. Now that Oline isn't what it was and Rudi has lost a step when he was never fast to begin with. Combine that fact with Bengals coaches saying they intend on employing a RBBC with which he would be the lead. So now drop his ypc down to 3.8 to be generous btwn his losing a step and the decline in the oline and he would need 320 carries to get to even 1200 yards rushing. Since he will only see about 200-22- carries TOPS in the new platoon even if healthy and 835 yards is the absolute most production you will get out of him IMO.

Per Rotowire

Johnson (hamstring) sat out practice again on Thursday (7 Aug), lessening the likelihood that he'll be able to play in the preseason opener against the Packers, Bengals.com reports.

Perry has been getting a lot of reps in training camp with Rudi Johnson out, and quite often in the Bengals' new two tight end formations, the Bengals' official site reports.

Rudi may very well be a sleeper, but there is still uncertainty IMO with Cincy's running game. Keep an eye on this before you jump to quick. That said, I'd say you may very well be right; I'll be watching.

Perry is the man to have at RB from Cincy this year.