Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

10 team 3 player keeper league

I made the decision to keep 3 RB's because they could all be monsters. (we start 2 and a flex)

LT, ADDAI, MBIII (its the third season of the league and ive made some trades along the way)

I also traded away a WR for a 2nd round pick and a move up in round 3 because i couldn't keep him anyway.

As a result I have 4 picks in the top 24 selections of our draft. 30 players will be off the board but in essence I will own 7 of the top 54 players.

Going into the draft I was all set to ignore RB's and go hard after WR's, maybe grabbing a QB and top TE along the way. I like the idea of not having to worry about an entire position when most likely other teams will be falling all over themselves to get something decent at RB. (I don't think any other team is keeping 2 let alone 3 RB's) Was hoping to have my first 4 picks end up being Andre Johnson, Big Ben, SHolmes and Winslow.

but the more i thought about it i realized theres alot more RB talent thrown back in the pool then WR talent. I am still happy with who I kept as nothing being put back in the draft pool can touch my three keepers. But the question is should I still look at drafting a 4th RB if the value represented is too much to ignore??

I hate making draft picks with a trade in mind because you can never be sure you will find a trade partner. However some of the teams picking before me in round 1 will need a solid rb or 2. If a good one slips to me in round 1 can i actually grab him simply to trade him later or should i continue to ignore the position?

anyone?

It's usually not to draft based on trading. I would focus on needs.

It's usually not to draft based on trading. I would focus on needs.

thats what i was thinking..

but say i dont trade... do i draft strictly on need or lets say if LJ falls to me in round 1, do i grab him to stash on my bench (keep in mind i can start 3 RB).

in my regular redraft leagues i have been known to go RB RB RB just to have something awesome on my bench for injuries, byes, duds.

or at least 3 rb in the first 4.

lets say the best WR's left are Steve Smith and Torry Holt. do i have to grab one just becasue im at 0/3 WR or can i draft another solid RB.

I think you draft the best player on the board if there's a clear discrepancy in value.

If the values are similar then draft need.