Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

Going RB/RB at the turn with Lynch and LJ?

I seem to keep ending up drafting near the bottom this year. I am still debating what to do in my big$ league this Sun. It's a 12 team redraft standard, all TD's 6, 1/2 ppr start 1 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR

I have been leaning towards taking at least 1 WR and possibly 2 and even thought about taking Peyton if he's there. Now I am thinking about the tried and true RB/RB. It would allow me to go WR/WR in 3 and 4. I'll miss the stud WR's but there should be some nice WRs at the 3/4 turn. Some possible WRs would be, in no particular order, Marsahll, Welker, Calvin, Holmes, Bowe, Boldin, Plax, maybe Steve Smith.

Which of these would be the better start after 4 rounds? I know it's tough to predict exact players you can get, but I would be able to get players of similar value to these.

A: LJ, Lynch, Holmes, Calvin

B: T.O., Wayne, Jacobs, Parker

C: Peyton, T.O., Jacobs, Parker

And I don't lock into positions drafting. I go best player available. But it's easy to predict who will be available at the 1/2 turn, so it really a matter of ranking LJ, Lynch, TO, Wayne, and Manning for me.

i'm in the same boat. In mock drafts, I usually end up with T.O./L.J. which usually leaves Holmes, Welker, Calvin Johnson,Holt,R.Williams and S.Smith as WR choices in 3-4. The RB are Bush,Turner,Maroney,Graham.

I've considered Manning/RB and the WR/WR but this definatley leaves me super thin somewhere else. RB/WR seems to end up being the more balanced team.

I have the same problem. Been tossing it around for weeks. My draft is tonight. I'm thinking about going RB/WR at 1/2, that gives me more flexability at 3/4. I would hate to have to pass on Bush at 3/4 if I went Rb/RB 1/2....because I would feel that I needed to take WR/WR then. Also think there can be more RB depth to pick up at 5/6.

As of now I'm thinking the play is

RB / WR .... 1/2

RB / WR .... 3/4 or WR/WR then pick RB at 5/6. :headbanger:

lynch wayne

Drafted 11th in 12team, Took Lynch then off the board went Terrell & Braylon (pick 12/13) I followed up with Wayne, passing on LJ.

LJ fell to 2.05

Got Colston in 3rd then B Marshall on the return.

I ended up with Lynch and Gore at 12/13. Was very happy with that. I then took S Smith/Holmes/Big Ben/Winslow. Felt pretty good about my team at that point but the rest of the draft I didn't feel as good about.