Sign in to follow this  
Chasgh

CBS draft

We use CBS Sportsline and have a draft where we are all together in a room and I go back and load the draft manually afterwards. This year our draft spot has wireless internet and I wanted to have a laptop there so that each player could enter their own draft selection directly onto the CBS site so that I dont have to go back and do it later. Can we do that and if so how? The online draft feature seems to deal with a draft where everyone is online and not in the same room? THanks in advance for your help.

You'd probably have to have 12 different browser windows open (each person logged into their own account) and the Open Draft room would eventually crash with so many windows open IMO.

we did the same thing from a restaurant with WiFi. some guys brought their laptops, logged into the draft room and made their own picks. as the commish you can enter picks for everyone once their picks are up, good for the guys who didn't bring computers. it worked great for us and definitely saves you the hassle of entering the teams manually. you can set a time limit or have no time limit. if you don't want the website to make automatic picks for guys who go over the time limit make sure you turn the draft robot off. definitely a great draft tool by cbs.

So, if we had one computer as every person's turn came up they could come up and enter their pick on the computer so that I wouldnt have to enter every pick?

You should check out easports.com/fantasy...you set up a league through them, then you can download EA Live Draft Tracker via Xbox Live...obviously you have to have an XBox 360, but it is well worth the investment...the draft is handled via controller, pass it around the room, and boom...you are done...after that, you have the option of pressing a button, then it shoots all the info into the website...plus, as you pick, you have expert analysis of each player that is drafted...strays away from the old fashion drafts, but definately adds some fun...

So, if we had one computer as every person's turn came up they could come up and enter their pick on the computer so that I wouldnt have to enter every pick?

They would have to login to their account then pick. One computer would be a cluster... IMO

Couldnt you just use the Commissioners privelages and draft everyone that way? Then you woudlnt have to sign in each owner before their pick. I assume you could do it that way....anyone know for sure?

We use CBS Sportsline and have a draft where we are all together in a room and I go back and load the draft manually afterwards. This year our draft spot has wireless internet and I wanted to have a laptop there so that each player could enter their own draft selection directly onto the CBS site so that I dont have to go back and do it later. Can we do that and if so how? The online draft feature seems to deal with a draft where everyone is online and not in the same room? THanks in advance for your help.

I think there is an option as commish to go in to draft setup and pick option to

1) fill your rosters by entering off line draft results manually

2) draft input style: round by round (this is the key choice)

3) during draft go into the draft room and just go pick by pick and enter them.

It's works beautifully and you won't have to enter anything after the draft and nobody will time out cause you enter the picks in manually (takes seconds per pick)

Yes, you can use the Commish login to draft players. We did the same thing this year and everything worked fine.

Couldnt you just use the Commissioners privelages and draft everyone that way? Then you woudlnt have to sign in each owner before their pick. I assume you could do it that way....anyone know for sure?

yes, that is exactly what you would do.

if you can get some of the owners in your league to bring their laptops they can log into the draft page and pick for themselves... giving you a break at least for a couple of teams. you as the commish can pick for everyone else that doesn't have a computer at the draft. its very simple and works great.

this is why you should never believe lemmings that you hear

(for example, there's always yearly bitching about the cbs website)

look at that...it took about 9 replies to get the answer "yes"

and someone offered 'you have to login and out with each owner for them to enter their picks'

amazing